( search forums )
HP Cartrige reffiling problem.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Ok
January 22, 2006, 1:06 pm
Ok so I went and bought 2 refills to my HP 27 and 28 cartriges..
They had the 28 refill but didn't have the 27..
However they said they had some for other cartriges but its the same ink and so they gave me a refill for 94 and 96.
They said its the same stuff.
Now its a store dedicated for ink, refills and such.
So I assume they know what they're doing.

The woman there refilled the first one for me.
which was the black one since my colored one isn't in need of a refill.

So I tried to use it.. put it in, it printed 3-4 pages then started printing SO SLOWLY.
Then stopped and gave me a massege that there is something wrong with the cartrige. so I took it out then put it back in.. few times..
Didn't work, tried everything, cleaning it.. rebooting my comp.. rebooting my printer..
NOTHING.. when I put it out (the black one) it works just fine and prints fine.
I also checked if the ink can even get out (by shaking the cartrige a bit) and it does so that's not the problem.

I've tried googling for an answer, prehapes find avidance that the ink is or isn't good for my cartrige.. but couldn't find something..

Anyone has an idea about it?

Prehapes someone is better at goolging stuff, because its odd I can't find anything about my specific problem with specific inks and cartriges.. (or atleast something that says they match)

Melba
January 22, 2006, 2:21 pm
what the [CENSORED] are you on about?

nvm.. For some reason I didn't read the topic title :\

Pulp
January 22, 2006, 2:39 pm
Euh, easiest (and prolly the best) way is go back with your cartridge to the shop and explain your problem.

From the HP-site
quote:
Squeaky-clean cartridges
Cleaning the inkjet cartridges themselves can improve the performance of your printer by correcting missing lines or dots and eliminating streaks on the paper. To clean your cartridges, follow these steps:

1. Turn printer on and lift the printer's top cover. After the print cartridges have moved to the center of the printer, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Remove the cartridges and place them wide-side down on a piece of paper.
2. Moisten a clean cotton swab and squeeze out excess water.
3. Hold the black print cartridge so that the nozzle plate faces up.
4. Use the swab to cleanly wipe the face and edges of the print cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle plate.
5. Inspect the cartridge to see if any debris is left behind. To do this, hold it up to a light and tilt it at an angle. If you see any traces of dust, dirt, or fibers, repeat Steps 3 and 4 to remove them.
6. Repeat Steps 1 through 4 to clean the color print cartridge. Always use a fresh cotton swab for each cartridge to avoid transferring debris from one cartridge to another.
7. Reinstall the print cartridges and close the top cover of the printer. Plug the power cord in and print a test page to make sure everything is working properly.

It is necessary to clean both cartridges to prevent ink streaking. Also, be careful not to leave the cartridges lying out for more than 30 minutes, or the heads will dry up and the cartridges will be unusable.

Aligning your cartridges
Color printers use both black and color ink cartridges. You need to align these cartridges frequently so that the printer will drop the inks properly, side-by-side, in a line of text or within a graphic. In the following situations, use your printer's utility program to align the print cartridges.

1. The black and color inks bleed together in printouts.
2. Small gaps appear between color areas and black outlines in printouts.
3. You remove or replace a print cartridge.

This may be a handy link : http://www.oddparts.com/ink/faq1.htm#noprint

peemonkey
January 22, 2006, 5:13 pm
I say just go back to the place that refilled it with the wrong ink, bring your receipt and tell them they buttmonkey'ed your cartridge and ask for a new one X)

a-4-year-old
January 22, 2006, 5:14 pm
lol i got a printer that doesnt use refillables, its so easy to use.

#45 (black)
#78 (color)

Ok
January 22, 2006, 9:35 pm
erm.. I dont have to use refills u know <_<
I can just buy new cartriges its just that in the price of 1 cartrige I get 3 refills..

Anyhow, yes I went to the store, and they took the refill and the cartrige, and gave me a new cartrige back..

I think I was ripped off <_<

peemonkey
January 22, 2006, 9:47 pm
you know what you'll have to do billy...you'll have to.....kill....them..... yes, kill them. all of them....

a-4-year-old
January 23, 2006, 12:32 am
kill them all... kill them all... kill them all...