( search forums )
Mapping Contest Judges -Closed!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soulsnipa
January 22, 2006, 1:45 pm
http://sml.u13.net?p=contest

For those unaware, I'm in the process of putting together a mapping contest script to allow mapping contests to easily be created (see my other thread).

I created this thread to attract all those who wouldn't read the other topic as well as to keep all discussion on the election of judges. Please keep all other discussion in other topic.

There will be 3 Judges for Gameplay.

The gameplay judges base their ratings on the following:

Layout (Easy Movement, Base Structure, Balanced)
Fun Factor (Polygon Bugs, Fun Experience, Non-Repetitive)

These judges will make sure the maps are adequate for being added as a default map. It must be functionally in clan wars and have enough fun factor to keep people interested and contiuning to play the map.

There will be 3 judges for Looks.

The optic judges base their ratings on the following:

Polygons (Shading, Shape, Color, Smoothness)
Scenery (Placement, Transparency, 3d Effects)
Texturing (Appearance, Multitexture, Stretching)

These judges should be experienced mappers. They should know the advanced techniques and boundaries of mapping. They will inspect the looks of the maps in every aspect.

Each judge is required to write a submission for each rating that he/she gives. Gameplay judges have 2 while optic judges will have 3. These submissions will be long enough to cover each aspect of what he/she is basing their rating on.

So if you would like to volunteer and/or elect somone do it here now.

Confirmed Volunteers:

Confirmed Judges:

Demonic (Gameplay)
Geologist (Optics)
Papasurf (Optics)
Vijchtidoodah (Gameplay)
Boxo (Optics)
Grand_Diablo (Needs To Sign Up)

Update #1:
I've added Demonic and Geologist to the judges since they were the founders of the competition. I therefore need 4 more people and for geologist to confirm which type of judge he would like. (Looks or gameplay) Also I need you to register at SML.

Update #2:
Alright two judges left. I've decided to add papasurf because his maps are awesome and he knows a lot about mapping, especially looks. Since I added Demonic and Geologist because they originated the mapping contest I couldnt leave out vict. All those who I have nominated to be judges please sign up @ sml.

Update#3:
Boxo has requested to be an optics judge. Probably the only active other sml member whos willing to be apart of the team again, I gladly added him to the judges. Half of my decision of adding him also was because there isnt as much interest in picking judges as I thought. O well hopefully the mapping contest will get more hype. I just need one more judge.

I would like to see any of these people as judges (in priority order):

Droopy (:()
Enjoyincubus (lol)
Cookie (for gameplay if open)
Aquarius (for optics if open)
Avarax
Grand Diablo
Rambo_6
Anna/Michal
Sgt Beaver
XTender
Jvagina (ehhh im drawing my final straws with this one)

Vijchtidoodah
January 22, 2006, 11:31 pm
I'll fill any empty spot.

Soulsnipa, this is your idea, you need to suggest people you think should participate to get the ball rolling. Personally, I'd go with Geo... but he's paying me for sexual favors so I can't say I don't have a bias.

The Geologist
January 23, 2006, 2:14 am
I'd definately love to judge, and as rampant as Vijc is for sexual favors, he can be trusted. I think.

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2006, 2:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa
I've added Demonic and Geologist to the judges since they were the founders of the competition.

Hahaha! I'd tell you who the real founder of this competition was, but I'm afraid you wouldn't believe it.

Soulsnipa
January 23, 2006, 3:52 am
well you were actually second. Flanagan ran one back when.

JiggaBlue
January 23, 2006, 4:59 am
me, i PWN

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2006, 8:19 am
Far from second, Soulsnipa. But I was talking about this one, not previous ones. Geo took control from Demonics who, in turn, resurrected my old contest (which, at the time, I had the dreadful notion that it was a unique idea).

However, I think it's a bit of a silly idea to add me, Geo, and Demonics to the judge list simply because we carried this contest. If anything, just base it on worthy volunteers -- people who are really going to contribute. I wouldn't necessarily suggest you be the authority here, but we're letting you be the arbiter this time.

Pity you changed your post, by the way. I liked the open-ended "you..." -- like the character in some movie as he realizes as his last thought that his best friend just betrayed him. Not that it has any semblance to our current situation...

Soulsnipa
January 23, 2006, 8:59 am
Technically I'm only putting up the script for this to get into the action. From there it will be in the judges hands. Notice I'm not including myself as a judge.

I wouldn't have added Demonic, Geo, or you if I hadnt seen either of them volunteer or be refered. It was just because they created the contest. Papasurf showed a lot of interest and therefore he was added.

Avarax
January 23, 2006, 9:11 am
i would do the job of an optics judge. but only if there are any free places in a week ;)

Soulsnipa
January 23, 2006, 11:08 am
so you are saying if no one else wants it then ull take it but otherwise your not interested. Ok

grand_diablo
January 24, 2006, 6:21 pm
*confirming*

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 6:26 pm
Wish you luck.

The Geologist
January 24, 2006, 6:27 pm
Sign me up for optics.

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2006, 7:49 pm
I'll take gameplay.

Cookie.
January 24, 2006, 8:45 pm
I guess I can be a judge if you want me too :D I was chosen hehe :D!

papasurf31
January 24, 2006, 8:46 pm
Optics.

Soulsnipa
January 24, 2006, 9:27 pm
Alright well gameplay is the last spot open and i know i listed cookie first, however that was more of my priority. With the small list of people that people would make grand_diablo would be on there. Therefore I have chosen grand_diablo however if somone messes up or resigns cookie will be in next for gameplay.