( search forums )
Realistic Gear.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Antifate
January 22, 2006, 11:34 pm
I'm just thinking, maybe in realistic mode, people could have the option to choose "Reconasanse(sp) Gear" The gear would have a knife, socom, and THERMAL GOGGLES. The goggles would allow the user to see through walls and stuff as though the user is playing normal mode. Also, the user's vision can be "scoped out" like a barret while crouching/prone. Although these guys aren't useful in combat, they can relay messages to their teammates to help.

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2006, 1:11 am
That's actually not such a bad idea. Best of all, it wouldn't upset the balance of the game -- sure, one team gets a man with thermal goggles, but he's severely weakened. The only problem is that he would be fairly useless against moving enemies.

I could see this being more of a draw for clan wars than in public games, just because teamwork is tough to come by in pubs.

bolhy
January 23, 2006, 12:40 pm
Well it would be better if there would be night maps included
and u would have nightvision so ucould see through the night, lol

CrazyKid980
January 23, 2006, 3:40 pm
I like it, sounds like a challenge, it does level out with the gear the player has, might help improve stealth techniques in realistic. It kinda sounds kinda cheap if you could see normal (like a barret scope as you said) in realistic, How about make it field of vision dependent on the range of the player. Like, if the player's far from another guy(of course, behind a polygon), he'll be blurry/transperant. If close, he'll be clear as day.

Antifate
January 23, 2006, 10:15 pm
It'd be sweet. You could hide out, see someone, go an alternate route, knife his butt, and steal his weapon! Bwahaha.

a-4-year-old
January 23, 2006, 10:53 pm
i really dont think the goggles would work, as people would just be cheap with them and sit in a bush with the soccom saying "low" every five seconds.

and a side note. camping is not a stratagy, a stratagy requires skill to work well, camping does not.

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 23, 2006, 11:17 pm
Don't be so narrow minded 4 year old, a strategy is defined at any course of planned action, and camping, although crude, is still an action planned by the player defensively.

Raptor
January 23, 2006, 11:38 pm
See through walls? that's kind of nice but I think this wouldn't fit in on soldat.

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2006, 3:04 am
Raptor, please tell me you're just kidding around.

Aegis
January 24, 2006, 4:19 am
Well actually, even in some RS pubs there is a lot more strategy at use than any normal-mode games. Personally I like this idea, though if you've ever played RS much you'll soon learn how much the Socom brutally owns in it, because its got low recoil, ok damage and fast reload. Maybe the Recon version would be nerfed? I dunno.
Edit: Also, anyone who picks this Recon option shouldn't be able to pick up a primary, as it seems like that would be kind of unbalancing =p Everyone would choose it.

CrazyEye
January 24, 2006, 4:19 am
You already can...see through walls....save realism. All i want added to the game is the option to get a rc airplane to drop grenades on unsuspecting victims :P

Captain Ben
January 24, 2006, 11:12 am
In realistic mode, CrazyEye. I don't really see why not... I think it would add a bit of novelty if it only allowed you to see gun blasts and jetting...

Antifate
January 24, 2006, 1:04 pm
How about the guy cannot pick up new weapons, AND, he cannot see the little indicators as to where his teammates are. You know, those things on the side of your screen? If he couldn't see those, and couldn't see the difference between enemy and allied players through walls, it'd be much more interesting...

Koon
January 26, 2006, 12:26 am
How about if there was a just a secondadry called goggles that had a zoom a little longer than the barret. This would be really useful and would provide an alternative for those who don't use secondary weapons much.

Raptor
January 26, 2006, 2:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahRaptor, please tell me you're just kidding around.
Thermal googles <--- WTF?

Vijchtidoodah
January 26, 2006, 7:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorSee through walls? that's kind of nice but I think this wouldn't fit in on soldat.

We can already see through walls in normal mode. <--- OMS

livingdalife
January 26, 2006, 9:00 pm
not meaning to be a pooper here, but it would mean that soldat would have to go 3D!

CrazyKid980
January 26, 2006, 10:46 pm
...no it doesn't livingdalife...seeing through walls doesn't need a high priced, 3d technlogy.

Vijchtidoodah
January 26, 2006, 11:05 pm
Holy hell...

Livingdalife, Raptor, and anyone who is isn't quite right in the head (which I suspect is the entire population of these forums) -- you can already see through walls in the game. It's really not that difficult of a concept: you're standing on one side of a polygon and you can see your enemy on the other side. GASP! Michal is a coding genius!

All Antifate was saying is that these recon players would, essentially, see the same in realistic as if they were playing in normal mode, plus some special coloring so it looks snazzy. Everyone else, on the other hand, is limited to their line of sight.

Got it? Good. Now shut your mouth before anything else comes out that doesn't quite fit our standardized curves for intelligence.

Antifate
January 26, 2006, 11:10 pm
Thanks doodah.

Vijchtidoodah
January 26, 2006, 11:33 pm
Sure thing.

Antifate
January 31, 2006, 8:23 pm
Bump, anymore ideas..?

Drink Bloody Water
February 2, 2006, 12:14 pm
M.M plz approve this.what about cameras? You could take pictures of the enemies and show it to ur teammates :)

Drink Bloody Water
February 2, 2006, 12:17 pm
Cameras. You could take a pic of enemy movement and show it to your teammates :) Say Cheese [CENSORED]es MUHAHAHA

CrazyKid980
February 2, 2006, 5:10 pm
Cameras?! LOL! There's no use for a camera, I mean, seriously, is the enenmy gonna stay right there and pose for a picture so he can get shot down? Soldat is a war game, not national geographic.

Antifate
February 3, 2006, 1:08 pm
*click click click*
Random Soldat: AHHH the freaking light! I can't see anymore!!! RAAAHHHH! *fires wildly* *bullets ricochet and kill all his teammates.

A Kodak Moment.

Damn that was lame.

John O
February 5, 2006, 10:21 pm
i think we should be able to choose between fragt nades and shurikens!

thats realistic gear for ninjas.

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 12:34 am
This is getting a little out of hand : / If any of this stuff were added into realistic it would most likely ruin it. I like it how it is, simple.