( search forums )
minigun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 12:39 am
The idea is to make the minigun into a sort of portable stationary gun, if that makes any sense.

You'd only be able to fire it when you crouch or go prone.

When you do that, there'll be a animation of a tripod deploying.

Then, the gun will fire witout the delay the minigun has now.

I'm thinking that you won't be able to turn around when it deployed (so you could only shoot forward)

bad idea?

bond_james_bond
January 23, 2006, 1:10 am
just make a totally different weapon for that, but I think that would be so cool in Soldat!

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2006, 1:14 am
ET-style, eh? A better idea would be to add the ability to change whether a weapon can be fired or not depending on a soldat's stance to the weapons editor.

a-4-year-old
January 23, 2006, 8:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahET-style, eh? A better idea would be to add the ability to change whether a weapon can be fired or not depending on a soldat's stance to the weapons editor.

THAT SOUNDS AWSOME!!!!!

seriously the minigun needs a startup, but should have more speed than it would be good.

DeLarge
January 23, 2006, 8:43 pm
But it shouldn't have tougher power though.

-Arbalest-
January 24, 2006, 2:42 am
We can reduce the bink effect of it when it's deployed but really we should give it tougher power when it do so. How about we give minigun tougher powers but we also make it able to overheat? Or longer reload?

bolhy
January 24, 2006, 1:55 pm
Ahhh i agree with this 100% it'd be really cool
well it should be. Somone should really do this

Zero72
January 24, 2006, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahET-style, eh? A better idea would be to add the ability to change whether a weapon can be fired or not depending on a soldat's stance to the weapons editor.
Yes, now there's an idea. I think having a "portable stationary gun" by default would just wreak havoc on Soldat.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:24 am
Sounds cool. ^^