( search forums )
Internettiquette?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
nfsjunkie91
January 23, 2006, 3:59 am
Seriously, some people treat forums like a big ole fricking chat room, lemme give you an example.

From a British Forums Board about Manga Cars/
quote:
as uv noticed iv now got a Subaru WRX STI yea well i think iv got 3 ppl tuening it up 4 me i did ask tix but i got a lil impationt so i got zrsrule and now some1 els is doing it :S im all confused lol so hears wt i think u all carry on and il chose wich 1 think is best but il pay the other 2 4 haveing a go 4 me

:S can barely read that sometimes. What do you consider appropriate internettiquette on forums boards? (yes, i made that word up, i think. :P)

AerialAssault
January 23, 2006, 5:27 am
proper punctuation and spelling. capitalization is optional.

peemonkey
January 23, 2006, 6:49 am
i think just no rampant lame-ass internet abbreviations and you'll come off better.

Soulsnipa
January 23, 2006, 7:00 am
ummm the use of u instead of you is ok. thats all

frogboy
January 23, 2006, 7:33 am
I don't care, as long as it's readable.

thekingkitty
January 23, 2006, 7:39 am
yea AS LOng as ppl an u an I can reeade!!!11 LOL

thekingkitty
January 23, 2006, 7:39 am
i'm sorry the topic was just telling me to do it

Gortaak
January 23, 2006, 8:06 am
dont need proper punctuation, it takes to damn long, just commas are fine. sometimes periods, and as long as you stay away from words lik ur for your or you are, or u for you, its fine.

JiggaBlue
January 23, 2006, 8:08 am
Just type right like you would for an essay all the time. It's not that [CENSORED]ing hard you [CENSORED]s.

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 23, 2006, 8:20 am
^ is the winner.

thekingkitty
January 23, 2006, 8:29 am
why must we fight :(

wormdundee
January 23, 2006, 5:37 pm
Because it is needed. Seriously, all the people on the internet who type like that have probably been using a computer for a long-ass time. I think they should know how to type fast enough to not have to use damn abbreviations.

They all need to burn.

?
January 23, 2006, 5:42 pm
Alot of people go through a terrible typing phase on the net, I did I used the u and kewl and other dumb words like that just kinda our nature to pick up on what alot of people are doing but sooner or later they break the habit, happened to me.

Keron Cyst
January 23, 2006, 6:24 pm
"Like an essay," hah! If people were to try that they'd put "(sp.?)" after every word with more than 8 letters in it. A typo here & there is all right wit' me, but I totally detest language-rape like that crap above.

Keron Cyst
January 23, 2006, 6:27 pm
"Like an essay," hah! If people were to try that they'd put "(sp.?)" after every word with more than 8 letters in it. A typo here & there is all right wit' me, but I totally detest language-rape like that crap above.

lithium
January 23, 2006, 7:52 pm
I don't mind when people use abbreviations and stuff, as long as I can understand it, but the worst thing in my opinion is when people overuse expressions of amusement, eg:

quote:lmao omg and then i shot him lol, and he was like lol wtf and i was just like omg lmao rofl

That really honks me off. It makes you look stupid and makes your writing hard to read.

Maka
January 23, 2006, 7:52 pm
Rabidhamster doesn't even use capitols at all. I say, what ever is ledgible motha[CENSORED]aaaaas!

The Geologist
January 23, 2006, 10:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeBecause it is needed. Seriously, all the people on the internet who type like that have probably been using a computer for a long-ass time. I think they should know how to type fast enough to not have to use damn abbreviations.

They all need to burn.

ftw!

a-4-year-old
January 23, 2006, 11:06 pm
in a sutdy peolpe fonud taht you can udnersnatd wrods as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres are in the crorcet psoitoin. isnt that cool?

AerialAssault
January 23, 2006, 11:25 pm
yaeh ddue rllaey cool

peemonkey
January 23, 2006, 11:45 pm
no, that's just stupid. and i laught at the image of you goin through the hassle to monkey[CENSORED] the words like that.

Rambo_6
January 24, 2006, 5:03 am
O RLY?

Gortaak
January 24, 2006, 9:59 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldin a sutdy peolpe fonud taht you can udnersnatd wrods as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres are in the crorcet psoitoin. isnt that cool?

hahah thats soo totally awesome, i should start typing like that... :P

Captain Ben
January 24, 2006, 11:41 am
THEN WHAT WORD IS THIS?

Msbtshiuii?

Gortaak
January 24, 2006, 12:21 pm
mitsubishi as in teh car company
edit: took me 2 seconds btw...

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 2:36 pm
haha took me 0,9

Gortaak
January 24, 2006, 2:49 pm
o ya? well it realy took me only .8 seconds, i was just saying 2 to make him not feel so bad... :P

Rambo_6
January 24, 2006, 2:57 pm
Asiiidsaesbalmsthenniatrintm.

TheFunktopus
January 24, 2006, 4:20 pm
Antidisestablishmentarism?

Heh, that didn't take me long either, I thought, "Hey, a long word that begins with a and ends with m! Oh, it's probably antidisestablishmentarism".

Captain Ben
January 26, 2006, 4:44 pm
I hate you people.

Ateorutolic aitaixoshypn?
Soupanecoas?
vusiducitsie?

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 4:51 pm
Autoerotic Asphyxiation? (an L in there somewhere I guess)
Saponaceous
I got nothin

The first one took about a second, the second about a minute, and I still have no idea about the third

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 5:49 am
kingkittyclauseisthe[CENSORED]ocus?