( search forums )
HTF_SuperPants
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
rainrider
January 23, 2006, 8:53 am
SuperPants
Map image by Keron Cyst, I just created pc version which is waypointed by KC too
http://rainrider.byethost5.com/maps/htf_superpants.jpg
http://rainrider.byethost5.com/maps/htf_superpants.rar

Used some of light sceneries by Serial Killer.

Avarax
January 23, 2006, 9:03 am
wow, awesome layout and good shading. maybe it wasnt a good idea to make the lights that radiant, they will confuse players if someone is "in" them and bullets can't be seen through which is bad for aim.
8/10

Eagles_Arrows
January 23, 2006, 11:22 am
OMFG glowing pants!

Awesome shading.

IlIdan
January 23, 2006, 12:25 pm
happy Idea

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 2:16 pm
very nice map <3

TeRRoRinFANt
January 23, 2006, 3:22 pm
Heh. Who doesn't use them these days? ;) I like your map. I find it very attractive. Uhm...

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 3:26 pm
cool lightning.

800!! whahowa!

Keron Cyst
January 23, 2006, 3:56 pm
Er, it was supposed to sport a jungle theme, but meh :-P I'll go take a look at it.

quote:Originally posted by rainrider...KC: I sent you this map few days ago O_o

What?! Gmail's probably just acting weird like usual...

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 4:10 pm
Woah holy crap. I love that look to it, excellent lighting effects with the giant radiant light thingy. I forgot that this map was called super pants and seen the pants ~ lmao.

Keron Cyst
January 23, 2006, 6:28 pm
Hah. Actually, now that I think about it the map does look indeed a lot better this way, with your usual rocky, geologic style :-D I'll go waypoint it and revise as necessary (probably just add more sceneries).

... and coat the pants with a small Bloody Deadly polygon xD Ah, if only polygons could have multiple properties...

Dark_Noddy
January 23, 2006, 11:13 pm
Very original ! It looks sweet :) the light effect is very nice, only think I find a bit off is the part between the 2 medkits by the Flamgod spawn. (+ 2 or 3 minor locations)
Perhaps some more scenery could be added, but then again I like the clean cave look :)

Bottom line is: I love the Idea, and map ois really nice.
I'll try it tomorro as I have to go to bed now :/

Raptor
January 24, 2006, 12:03 am
Wow! This is what I call EXCELLENT shading!! The layout of the map is pretty nice and the super pants are cool xD
It would be nice if you could get in them to get super powers xD. lol.... ... ... joking =P

Keron Cyst
January 24, 2006, 2:40 am
Dark_Noddy: I'm adding quite a bit of more scenery to the revised version, and tweaking some spawns (along with the usual wypt. job, of course) ;-) Never really excellently waypointed a HTF map before, so this'll be a bit of a challenge.

Michal
January 27, 2006, 4:38 pm
Hmm my framerate goes from around 70 to 30 fps once I'm near the light :s
Otherwise it's very nice.

Keron Cyst
January 27, 2006, 5:48 pm
Waypointed, player SPs changed, lowered rsf-X opacities by ~5%, and some sceneries added.

rainrider
January 27, 2006, 9:35 pm
gj :]

Keron Cyst
January 29, 2006, 1:37 am
Actually, if you peer into the map's structure and not just drool at the scenery effects, you'll see that the -real- highlight of the level is in player spawn point location. Maps like htf_Futura should be for CTF. Hold the Flag is about constant chaos and mayhem everywhere, like htf_Machete, or DM maps missing team spawns (like japanHeights). I always hated maps like htf_Desert which utilize the tactic "grab the flag & camp in your spawn zone," since HTF is the complete opposite.

EDIT I never posted the original blueprint, did I?

[IMAGE]

IMO it's amazing how close the construction was to the original

Note how really the only feature shown are the spawn points. T3h triangular spawn points!! Those things play an insanely important role in the map's gameplay.

XTender
January 30, 2006, 6:20 pm
Wow.. thats a realy nice effected map. I hade a similiar idea for japanHeights but t doesnt had fitted ..
/me claps ..
I'am not the Gameplay guru *wink* so I just rate the GFX and it is realy nixcce. a bit multitexturing would made the scoring perfect so i give you a 8/10 for gfx ..

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 5:35 am
Hey, It still looks awesome, and thats what gets people downlaoding, right?

lithium
February 3, 2006, 2:19 pm
Wow, this map is beautiful and plays very well to boot. Nice one.

Miglot Af eraon
February 22, 2006, 8:31 pm
Cool!

Darkspirit
April 24, 2006, 11:25 pm
You're an artist! Wow!

Thomas
April 29, 2006, 5:00 pm
super lighting, good balanced map structure, funny idea - AWESOME