( search forums )
Add boolean "not" into filters tab
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
dragontamer
January 24, 2006, 3:35 am
[IMAGE]

Where the "not" will go.

The programmers should know what I'm talking about. The ! operator in C/C++, you know?

As for the rest of you. If you check the "not" in the example image, it would change the selection to "not dedicated" and "not not passworded".

Example of a good usage:
Use "not" and then "Survival mode" and "realistic mode", and it will filter out all the survival mode games.

Another possible implementation:
[IMAGE]

Probably will take a bit more work, but this one will obviously have 2 options, a "yes" and a "not" option. The not option forces it off, the yes option forces it on.

Final implementation:
[IMAGE]

Check == yes, x == no, empty == ignore filter.

Soulsnipa
January 24, 2006, 11:17 am
i like the last image, good idea i believe.

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 2:58 am
yeah,this could be helpful. That way people wouldnt accidently join games like RS and be like wtf is happening?why are people invisible

Chameleon
January 27, 2006, 5:22 am
its been suggested before, and once again, ill say i would like to see this implimented

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:45 am
Yeah, I like the last one... Take the Is No and Not away, and just add that instead. ^^

sticky_soldier
January 27, 2006, 7:14 am
Refs:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30722
http://www.bigfilez.com//download_file.php?file=SoldatServerFilterProject.exe

I use VB7, and I know what you mean. Check the second link, I whipped that up in an evening. PM Me if you want an example.

Internet just got speed reduced... Add more links when I can use the search tool and it doesn't slow the pc down to a crawl...

--
Sticky_Soldier

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 12:12 pm
Very good idea. Must be implemented.

a-4-year-old
January 28, 2006, 11:17 pm
IMPLEMENTATION!!!!

pls?

Mr. Boombastic
January 29, 2006, 7:30 am
wait wait, if it doesnt exist howd you get those pictures?

dr.ON
January 29, 2006, 2:07 pm
good idea, we need update to filters, cuz sometimes u join server that u don't like, i mean survival/realistic/advanced or NOT survival/realistic/advanced