( search forums )
My suggestion =)
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Raptor
January 24, 2006, 11:30 pm
I think there should be a new section called "Fan Fiction". It is really simple, and it will contain 3 folders in it:

Short Stories: This is the folder where fans will post their short Soldat stories and maybe series.

Humorous: This will be the folder for Soldat funny stories.

Long stories: This will be the folder where fans will post their long and serious Soldat stories.

I think this will work and this is just something that came to my mind and it doesn't matter to me if my suggestion doesn't get approved =)

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 11:34 pm
well wouldnt it count as fan art or soldat moments?

Chakra`
January 25, 2006, 1:37 am
Uhhh ...we kinda have places for those. Granted they're a little more generalised, but still...

Still if anyone else has any suggestions to what you'd like to see from the forums, go nuts. No garantees i'll be doing anything immediate.

In time, when perhaps i've trimmed the forums down a bit or if I feel theres a need for it, I was thinking of an 'Introduce Yourself' forum. What you think?

Raptor
January 25, 2006, 1:39 am
I think it would be great since many new members don't introduce themselves because there's not a forum for that and some do it but like it the Longue.

EDIT And the fan art is not a place for fan fiction (or is it?)

Chakra`
January 25, 2006, 1:47 am
Well no, it isn't...or no one's dared to find out. But we do have a place for stories, Soldat Moments.

(soldat fiction? what the [CENSORED])

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2006, 2:22 am
This is fan art and it should defaintely go in that forum.

Introduce yourself isn't really necessary, the lounge is exactly the place for it, a medium for serious discussion about anything

Raptor
January 25, 2006, 2:28 am
Alright, thanks. I didn't know fan art was the right place for stories =)

EDIT: Ah! Soldat Moments too ;D

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2006, 3:52 am
definately soldat moments too

Captain Ben
January 25, 2006, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
Still if anyone else has any suggestions to what you'd like to see from the forums, go nuts. No garantees i'll be doing anything immediate.

Opening the last man to post thread would be nice. It's always a good place to skim through for a laugh, yet I haven't seen alot of 'public' demand for its closure... Or could you please show me links to threads for closure of the thread?

Deleted User
January 25, 2006, 8:51 am
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=31084

Captain Ben
January 25, 2006, 10:25 am
:( I stand corrected.

A new forum colour set up would be nice :D

Deleted User
January 25, 2006, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

In time, when perhaps i've trimmed the forums down a bit or if I feel theres a need for it, I was thinking of an 'Introduce Yourself' forum. What you think?

We all had to stumble like idiots into this forum, our successors should have to as well.