( search forums )
Missions/story mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 11:55 pm
I think it would be cool to have a mission or story mode, and it would probably keep more players playing instead of doing other stuff. Also, you could have a mission part on the map editor, so you could make your own. What do you guys think?

a-4-year-old
January 25, 2006, 1:00 am
i tried making a single player mode thing with survival on and bots on the other teams. but i suck at waypoints so it didnt work.

melikes.

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 25, 2006, 1:35 am
Try inf_JungleStrike

CrazyEye
January 25, 2006, 2:10 am
I would want bots able to have alot of life. Otherwise assassinations and crap are wayyy to easy.

numgun
January 25, 2006, 5:39 pm
yea, id like a mission mode... with event triggers and cool stuff (whatever that is).
but how could we make it if soldat is a multiplayer shooter?
the closest thing to a mission mode is infiltration, and to make it even more mission mode'ish ---> survival mode

person
January 25, 2006, 6:10 pm
Unreal Tournament proved you don't need event triggers to pull off a story campaign. All that'd be needed is extra content and a reason to play through the missions.

Plus it'd be cool to play these missions online with friends also :p

It doesn't sound that hard to make it (coding-wise)... just keep bot settings seperate from your own for each tier-type (and the like), make it so that missions have the bots preset, and have a little description of each fight and stuff... etc.

Extra content could be like medals for high K:D ratios or kills in a row, etc.

John O
January 25, 2006, 7:05 pm
wait, the storyline would be "you are a fighter, built for war. here is an arena, test your skills nub!"?! isnt that the story already...

numgun
January 25, 2006, 9:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by personUnreal Tournament proved you don't need event triggers to pull off a story campaign. All that'd be needed is extra content and a reason to play through the missions.

heh... i got to try UT just a week ago and i was surprised by its ''Campaing mode''. and the reason to play it could be unlocking the registered interface thingy... or maybe something cool like:
-New commands
-More options to modify ur soldat. : P

blah, i think it isnt so needed. but i'd like 1 implementation:
that u could set a permanent weapon for the bot that he would use only and no other. even if u disable it.

person
January 26, 2006, 9:33 am
John O: Yeah but there is no objective, other than to kill people randomly... need something better than that for a mission mode :p

Numgun: Good ideas too

Eagles_Arrows
January 26, 2006, 11:55 am
*Touches event trigger and hears an announcement, "YOU HAVE BREACHED THE SECURITY DOORS!"*

I like this idea

tRaQs
January 26, 2006, 6:37 pm
Michals already got enough on his table, however there could be a scenario creator, and people could upload their missions in the game in a new section called missions, or put them up on the site in a new forum section.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:26 am
Story mode in multiplayer would be cool. ^^

ninjapwnage
January 27, 2006, 4:22 pm
Why can't you guys just make a map that is really long hortizontally, place the spawn points for bravo, charlie, and delta on seperate parts on the map, waypoint it so they go back a forth between a segment without meeting each other, the play joins alpha, place a lot of bulletproof vests, and kick some ass? (on survival!)

person
January 27, 2006, 4:36 pm
That... wouldn't work at all, ninjapwnage.

numgun
January 27, 2006, 11:57 pm
y not? good idea. but with triggers it would be better ofcourse :P

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 9:59 pm
I guess thats one way of doing it.

Drink Bloody Water
February 3, 2006, 12:09 pm
Maybe story mode online. One team has a mission like "Guard the Seawell" and the other has "Destroy the Seawell" on certain maps

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 12:24 pm
Good idea ^^ Would be cool.Soldat with story Wow...

CrazyKid980
February 3, 2006, 12:24 pm
Hostage situtations, and "Escape!" maybe, sounds cool

TaiQuin
February 4, 2006, 9:15 pm
a story mission made would be raw. and make it so if you do certain things it takes you to a differnt mission like a multi path thing.