( search forums )
Holy Jesus...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Antifate
January 26, 2006, 12:01 am
Yesterday I was just playing a pub CTF, and I found a guy called "No Caps, No Guns" He was a Sawer and nader. He was brilliant, his timing was unstoppable. I love Saw-and-naders, I have such respect for them to be able to use the saw. What do you guys think of the "saw and nade combo?"

Koon
January 26, 2006, 12:22 am
At the hands of an expierenced user, grenades are extremely useful, however, any noob can still get the occasional kill with one. But a chainsaw is by far the hardest weapon to get good with. Pretty much all veterans are good with nades but It takes a master to own with the saw.

DragonSlayer
January 26, 2006, 12:40 am
I love chainsaw and it loves me. :o

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 1:31 am
The chainsaw rocks! Only problem is due to lag, it won't do damage or kill sometimes :(

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 1:52 am
i love owning people with chainsaw when the odds are against me :P

Augustus
January 26, 2006, 2:39 am
Like Mister Angry said, the chainsaw occasionally doesn't kill or do any damage at all, but I think it's more than lag. I think the chainsaw is affected by the same shot registering problem all of the other guns have.

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 3:12 am
quote:Originally posted by DragonSlayerI love chainsaw and it loves me. :o

we must chainsaw duel o worthy chainsaw master

Pigtard
January 26, 2006, 3:39 am
I used to love it, but now sadly whenever I use it I can never kill anyone because it never registers. :(

FliesLikeABrick
January 26, 2006, 3:48 am
there have been people in u13 in the past that have had AMAZING stats with saw/nades

Pigtard, I am removing your avatar because it is 190KB and the maximum size allowed is 20KB

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 3:54 am
<3 Saw n' Nades. Oh how that reminds me of my fun with his nemesis, Nades n' Saw.

Aegis
January 26, 2006, 7:06 am
When you get to using Saw and Nades in a combination for an extended period of time, you soon learn that about 80%-90% of your actual kills are from nades only. It's because you are forced to use them as your only long-range attack source and therefore are passively practicing them constantly. The Saw is just a funny and intimidating prop, to be honest, if you are any good with nades. I started using Saw and Nades around 1.2 because it occurred to me that it was much more fun to run up and grind something to little bits than to stay back at a range and shoot it, and often produces hillarious results in pubs. Too bad [SAW] died. I honestly wanted it to be a success.

lithium
January 26, 2006, 1:58 pm
Swarmer was pretty badass with saw and nades, but I never see him around anymore.

Raptor
January 26, 2006, 2:31 pm
I respect them too. They're just pure skill >;)

Captain Ben
January 26, 2006, 4:16 pm
Lol, when I get back to Australia (and Broadband) tomorrow, I'll try out this combo.

headstone
January 26, 2006, 4:32 pm
I'm pretty sure that swarmer quit when 1.3.1 came out, cause the saw never kills on impact now.

I used to always use it as secondary, but I switched to LAW.

tRaQs
January 26, 2006, 6:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by headstoneI'm pretty sure that swarmer quit when 1.3.1 came out, cause the saw never kills on impact now.

I used to always use it as secondary, but I switched to LAW.

Yeah, same back in 1.2.1 my first version, I'd be flying down a tunnel with other guys fighting, and I'd just switch to the saw, so great. However, I can't say the same about it now with shots not registering and all, so I have switched to the law like you.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 4:54 am
I love chainsaw ^^

- Tek -
January 28, 2006, 8:53 am
Since I play ctf I spam my nades mostly. But I've sometimes been able to aim them right at someone, then fire one shot into the explosion for a kill.

Swarmer
January 28, 2006, 9:45 am
:( This thread makes me sad. :(

I was completely addicted to soldat becuase of using Saw and Nades only. I would play for hours. Owning nub pubs was my favorite activity. It wouldn't be hard to get a 3:1 ratio. I made the [SAW] clan, which was supposed to be a serious clan, but I was too busy to maintain it before 1.3.1 came out. Once 1.3.1 came out none of my weapons worked. My nades were water ballons. My saw was a giant lollipop. I heard they worked fine for most people. But for me, after reinstalling, reformatting, nope. Not even against bots. It just didn't work. So I quit soldat, because I could only get a 1:1ish ratio, and it was no fun having exactly half my hits register.

Once a new version comes back, I will be sure to return, in hopes of a functional saw. I want to bring back [SAW], which will have a new primary purpose: terrorizing public servers.

gonza
January 28, 2006, 10:07 am
Aww swarmer dont go just use a dif wep for now...yes the saws r lillipops and nades r water baloons they do nothing for me :S

Mr. Boombastic
January 28, 2006, 10:35 am
I personally dont like the saw very much... im more of a sniper, but i do use the saw somtimes wen there are long lines of people to run straight threw...

Swarmer
January 28, 2006, 10:35 am
Other weapons are boring :(

Today I went in some RS servers with my saw and did pretty well. My shots registered fine, but when I went to a normal game everything was messed up again.

a-4-year-old
January 28, 2006, 12:58 pm
poor swarmer :(

but in a low lag game i have found that nades are 1 hit kill most of the time (normal) so in leos, they are like crappy m79s that you cant reload or knives with splash damage.