( search forums )
Fireteams
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Augustus
January 26, 2006, 12:27 am
I searched and consulted the list of previous suggestions, and didn't find anything. Also, feel free to flame me as this idea is from another game.

If anyone's played Enemy Territory, they've seen the fireteam idea in action. It essentially divides larger teams into smaller, independent groups of 2-5. There is a seperate chat that only members of your fireteam can see. Also, perhaps the name indicators could be a different color, to make it easier to find your team.

This idea would primarily be used in large, tactical games. I think it could be useful in some of the more social servers also. Those who are looking for more teamwork can form a fireteam together, and work more cohesively as a small three man team, as opposed to three men in a 8 person team.

jettlarue
January 27, 2006, 12:10 am
ummmmm. so would the fireteam only be able to select from a weapon set or is it just teamchat with not as many people.

Augustus
January 27, 2006, 12:25 am
It's essentially teamchat with not as many people, and members of the fireteam are highlighted a different color on the screen, possibly having an icon above their head.

Eagles_Arrows
January 27, 2006, 12:42 am
I don't know.
I play ET and I understand what you're trying to say.
I don't find this idea useful for some reason...

CrazyKid980
January 27, 2006, 2:51 am
Um..so youre saying little teams in teams?

a-4-year-old
January 27, 2006, 2:54 am
i think thats what he ment.

i really dont think this would do anything to improve soldat. please correct me if im wrong but it sounds kind of dumb.

CrazyEye
January 27, 2006, 3:10 am
I think it would be....alittle cool....you would select a fireteam from start(under the red or blue teams)pick weapon, and then tiny arrows would show you the direction where the rest of your squad is...It would make soldat alittle more tactical...

CrazyKid980
January 27, 2006, 12:31 pm
We could easily make little teams, just not alot of people do that.

ninjapwnage
January 27, 2006, 4:18 pm
Most servers don't support enough people to make fireteams successful, and I think teamwork will be unaffected by fireteams~

CrazyEye
January 27, 2006, 5:39 pm
Depends who your playing with....