( search forums )
Force Software Option Leaves Screen black in game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Potnop
January 26, 2006, 6:46 am
Well on one of my computers, the graphics card sucks @ 3D. Horribly. S3 Virge GX2 and stuff. So I tried setting it to force software mode. This way the game menus work and stuff. No problems about a 3D thing not initializing.

When I try to play though, the screen is totally black, but I can hear all the gun sounds and stuff going on. Is this a bug or should I try more options? I also tried window mode and stuff, and graphics compatability and all that. I also tried it on a different graphics card. ATI 3D rage IIC. Although it says 3D rage, I'm in rage about how ATI didn't make the driver work with 3D. What [CENSORED]in dumbasses! [CENSORED]!

Either I hope there's a filter, or I won't get banned for swearing. Anyway, I tried searching for this and it gave me no results so I asked.

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 7:18 am
Have you tried them in any combination (such as video compatibility/force software/etc)? HAve you tried setting texture filters to none?

Do you have the latest drivers for your (ancient) video card(s)?

Do you have the latest version of DirectX supported by your video card(s)?

Potnop
January 28, 2006, 8:18 am
Yes, I've tried all these combos. I have DX 9.0b although I really don't need it on the computer that uses these crappy graphics cards. For now I play solday on our good computer, but that's not the one in my room. I want it to work on mine too. I can't find any new drivers either. I'm on windows XP so there are like no updates to these cards. THe ones that I do find are actually older. Maybe ther's some kind of driver for my ATI card that will get it to work with 3d out there? There is a lot of amazing stuff that exists, like an Open GL thing for cards that don't have Open GL support. It uses direct 3D to render open GL. I thought it was amazing when I first saw it, but it was a 5 minute demo thing and I didn't need it too much anyway. So there must be something that can make my 3D ATI card actually work with 3D.

Potnop
February 6, 2006, 4:17 am
Soo, does anyone know of something that can make my ATI card work? And does force software mode work for anyone? Cuz I think it totally doesn't work. I'll check on the good computer on which I can actually play Soldat normally.