( search forums )
Layers - easy to implement?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Nuts
January 26, 2006, 1:01 pm
Lets make this simple. Layers are normal ground. You can walk in the layer, but when you jump on another layer, you dont fall down.

You could also make a dead end, when you jump into some cave where you cant go out. I know, that would suck, but it was example.

Also you could make different caves in different teams, i mean, the other team cant go in the cave of other team (because he needs to go in the place where the cave starts, and it's in the other team base). So this makes more different possibilities to build a map for CTF or INF.

headstone
January 26, 2006, 10:46 pm
That would require a complete overall of the PMS system, all new maps and all new mapmakers.

:/

jettlarue
January 26, 2006, 11:56 pm
arent layers alredty here? try making a map with a big no collide poly and a reg ground poly inside of it. unless i am misunderstanding your question.

Nuts
January 27, 2006, 12:10 am
Yes, you are misunderstanding.
If you do that, you cant go through the poly which has collide effect.
I ment the polys has only the fall collide effect. Just like in supermario etc.

Quote:That would require a complete overall of the PMS system, all new maps and all new mapmakers.
Not exactly, we only need to make new polygon type, which has such features.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 12:44 am
I don't really understand your idea here Tapio. "Nuts"
But while reading this I was thinking about the "Players doesn't collide polygon".

When you get on the inside of that polygon, there would be a view range.
You would be able to see inside where your Soldat is.

(See through the polygons in a specific range.)

What do you guys think ? ^^

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 10:00 pm
I think I get this- you're suggesting a one-way wall. You can pass through it going one way but you bump into it going the other way. It's like with mariobros with the platforms that you can jump through but still stand on.

btw that's the thing that bothers me about that mario-like map (inf i think). I bump into the platforms.