( search forums )
Am I going blind? (seriously)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 11:13 pm
ok...so ive been sick for a few days...my doctor says i have a viral infection and its ging away because i feel much better today...but i just noticed this last night...and it hasnt gone away since...i dunno if it has anything to do with being sick like that but incase it does...i posted it for you.
Anyways, when i close my right eye to where i can only look out of my left eye...over whatever im looking directly at there this grayish looking blob thats preventing me from seeing whatever im looking directly at, but if i use my perifrial(however you spell it, i know thats way off) vision while i look at something else with my left eye...i can see that object fine...not concentrated on it...but i can see it... i have not consulted an eye doctor and im hoping its just something minor and that it will go away... its probably not much in the long run..but this have concerned me :Please only reply with something constructive to say, this isnt a joke hehe

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 11:15 pm
doesent sound serious but see a doctor if it doesent go away or gets worse...

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 11:22 pm
aye, im hoping i wont have to resort to that...i cant stand things touching my eye...the "stick a needle in my eye thing makes me shiver just thinking about it"...eeee...but if it means going blind ill have to do somthing...i hope it isnt serious

Vijchtidoodah
January 26, 2006, 11:35 pm
Is it completely blocking your vision, or is it just fuzzy? And does it change position?

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 11:44 pm
it dosent change position but the blob thing is kinda fuzzy but last night i couldnt see thru it but tonight i can just barely or so it seems.. :\

Vijchtidoodah
January 26, 2006, 11:46 pm
Might just be a glob of mucous. They can move around a bit and tickle sometimes, though.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to get those things checked out, especially if you have health insurance.

lithium
January 26, 2006, 11:52 pm
Health insurance is for chumps, just dig it out with a spork.

I understand there's wierd little thready things that float around on your corneas and can get gummed up with crap from time to time, causing fuzziness and such, but I could be misinformed.

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 11:54 pm
no i dont think its mucus, coz i i got paranoid and went to a mirror and checked it out, plus i wouldve felt it there lol

Michal
January 27, 2006, 12:07 am
I suggest you see an eye doctor...
Even if it isn't serious, it's better to be sure. There are some eye conditions that start out minor and can end up leading to blindness.

Pulp
January 27, 2006, 1:50 am

They're great facilities for disabled ppl nowadays, so cheer up !

January 27, 2006, 10:14 am
it's conjunctivitis... i had it once (sp)... it will go away, just bath ur eye with hot/lukewarm water and a lil bit of disinfectant. Either that, or go zap ur eyes with lasers.

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 10:22 am
is it pinkeye?

Captain Ben
January 27, 2006, 10:59 am
You could just have a floater... Can you look at it, because if it's in your seeing range and can't focus on it, it means that it follows the movement patterns of your eye. I have one in my right eye, doesn't stop me.

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 4:37 pm
It happens to me when I see a light or the sun directly and there's this big thing that blocks what I see.

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 4:47 pm
errr well your like not suppose to look directly into the sun or any light source directly...it hurts your eyes :(....just a word of caution to anyone who doesnt know that.....

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 5:52 pm
I don't look at it. It's just when it happens that you look up and you see the sun accidentally or a light. xD

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 6:03 pm
A friend of mine had almost the same exact thing happen to him and he just waited it out. After a day or too it went away, but I guess he might've just gotten lucky. Seeing a doctor to get it checked would probably be your best bet.

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 8:29 pm
ehh this is day three it seems to me that its getting less and less noticable...and i its shrinking :D ....yah 117 ima do what ya said and stuff and thanks to everyone else for their input, advice, tips, ect.
Thx much XD

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 8:34 pm
I didn't feel like reading all of that, but it could possibly be conjuctavitis(sp?) I got it once after having a head cold, and the same things you mentioned happened to me, my vision got blury in my right eye though. it really sucks having that.

STEELIX
January 27, 2006, 9:35 pm
Yes.

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 4:23 am
My dogs have grey blobs of gunk on their eyes all the time, just watching them run into doors and walls makes it all worth it.

Oh yeah and, your going to die tomorrow.

lithium
January 28, 2006, 5:48 am
lol enesce...that's not right.

- Tek -
January 28, 2006, 9:07 am
yeah ive got those little specs of crap on my eyes i can see against white stuff, they are like little lines. Not serious enough to get scraped off or anything.

DeLarge
January 28, 2006, 10:35 am
There was a farmiliar story on Unsolved Mysteries, it was on a female's side. She woke up with some grey little blob in her left eye, and it causes blindness.