( search forums )
Is It Back?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Antifate
January 27, 2006, 2:22 am
Hey guys, I'm just wondering, is the barret hate back? I mean (SN) no m79 AND barret!? It's not that overpowered now guys...

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 2:45 am
You can put it this way:

People still arent satisfied with the current barret. And I think they did that to just level out all the osk primaries~

Pulp
January 27, 2006, 3:44 am
I guess about 95% of the servers have the barret available. Is your opinion just based on 1 server, Antifate ?

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 4:08 am
The barret hate is still here, it's just all been redirected toward the M79.

gonza
January 27, 2006, 4:10 am
Well it shouldent be a prob for when you go to fire you have to hold the mouse down for a lil while ive noticed less people use it then to other guns.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 4:51 am
Barret is a great weapon, I like it o_O

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 8:57 am
Being a long time anti-barret, I think its good now. Next target is the M79 and its massive splash damage.

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 11:15 am
Hahaha barret is the ultimate fun.

I love it when noobs tell me im hacking cuz I just run around with barret and just snipe, move snipe.

But thats only when im boreed..

Denacke
January 27, 2006, 12:49 pm
Seeing as I'm admin of this (SN) server, let me explain why we banned barret too.

We aim to get as much diversity in weapon usage as we can on our server. With this version, m79 seems to be more popular than ever, making it used by 90% of the players on our server when it was enabled. This was our reason to remove the m79.

However, because we did this, they all seemed to have switched to barret, making games almost barret only. Which is why we removed barret too.

Don't understand me wrong, I believe both weapons are balanced. But a game with 90% of the users with the same weapon just isn't fun.

Antifate
January 27, 2006, 12:59 pm
If they are all using barrets, just kill them with autos, that will get them to switch.

Denacke
January 27, 2006, 1:06 pm
It's an eternal discussion, I won't start it. We'll keep those weapons banned, end of story.

Ok
January 27, 2006, 3:05 pm
Ah its sad really.
Because I really like the m79 and the barret, I also like the diversity of having semi autos, autos AND one shot.
Its a shame that ppl refuse to try other weapons and just stick to 1 shot weapons on matter what.

However, I noticed a decrease in the m79 rage , I've been publicing alot.
And SN server was my favourit because of no annoying blasts everywhere.
But with time, I noticed other servers like selfkill's pub, and TBA (which became insainly populary for some reason..). in those server the m79 is less of a problem now'n'days.
I also noticed that some servers hold a regular public, prehapes you should try bringing back the m79 and barret? just for a try..

Echo_Trail
January 27, 2006, 3:17 pm
I agree with Ok. i don't think this used to be such a problem. It all started when people first learned that they could blame their lack of skills on the barret or m79. If you have some skills, and pay just a little attention to the game, it's actually not that hard to avoid getting shot. I mean, you would think ppl would know better than just jumping out in the open. Ofcourse you will get shot then. To win the map, you gotta become the map! =P

The thing is..
As long as weapons can kill'em, ppl will be unsatisfied!

ThaD
January 27, 2006, 4:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Denacke

Don't understand me wrong, I believe both weapons are balanced. But a game with 90% of the users with the same weapon just isn't fun.

isn't fun for whom?

Ok
January 27, 2006, 6:26 pm
For the majority..

Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailI agree with Ok. i don't think this used to be such a problem.

Whe the.. I didn't say that <_<
I said it WAS! a problem, but I think its less of a problem now that ppl gotten out of that "omg barret won't shoot I'll take m79 than" shock (long shock innit).

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 8:24 pm
We'll I've actually noticed an increase in M79 in the past 2 weeks, a couple CTF servers are running "M79 only" and most of the one you join that have a lot of people are 90% M79. And it does get annoying when 4 people from the other team chase you and just send in a hale of shells. SO yes the SN server should remain how it is, there is nothing wrong with it, it's a really fun server to play on.

Aquarius
January 27, 2006, 10:52 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by OkFor the majority...

The same majority which plays M79? I sense a logical fallacy here...

Hanayo
January 27, 2006, 11:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by wurstEnemy0013We'll I've actually noticed an increase in M79 in the past 2 weeks, a couple CTF servers are running "M79 only" and most of the one you join that have a lot of people are 90% M79. And it does get annoying when 4 people from the other team chase you and just send in a hale of shells. SO yes the SN server should remain how it is, there is nothing wrong with it, it's a really fun server to play on.

Thx ;o
IMO there is no reason to complain about servers with somewhat special settings (like no barret/m79). Maybe you remember the thread by Chakra critizising the absence of diversity. If you dont like the server you are free to leave ;)

Echo_Trail
January 27, 2006, 11:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by OkFor the majority..

Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailI agree with Ok. i don't think this used to be such a problem.

Whe the.. I didn't say that <_<
I said it WAS! a problem, but I think its less of a problem now that ppl gotten out of that "omg barret won't shoot I'll take m79 than" shock (long shock innit).

Oh... Sorry about that. I misunderstood you, ol' chum.

In that case, I disagree with Ok! That's right - Bite Me!

.alex.oner.
January 27, 2006, 11:44 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by OkFor the majority...

owned

gonza
January 28, 2006, 2:36 am
OK i like the barret now!! :D

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 3:39 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Hanayo Quote:Originally posted by wurstEnemy0013We'll I've actually noticed an increase in M79 in the past 2 weeks, a couple CTF servers are running "M79 only" and most of the one you join that have a lot of people are 90% M79. And it does get annoying when 4 people from the other team chase you and just send in a hale of shells. SO yes the SN server should remain how it is, there is nothing wrong with it, it's a really fun server to play on.

Thx ;o
IMO there is no reason to complain about servers with somewhat special settings (like no barret/m79). Maybe you remember the thread by Chakra critizising the absence of diversity. If you dont like the server you are free to leave ;)

I wasn't complaining about the servers, I was just saying it's been getting out of hand in a lot of pubs, I like that they have some M79 only servers to keep them from coming after us in pubs.

ThaD
January 28, 2006, 10:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by OkFor the majority...

damn you, I was going to say that :)

gonza
January 28, 2006, 10:08 am
ACtully i change my mind again i dont like barret its a perfect gun for campers.

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 10:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ThaD Quote:Originally posted by Denacke

isn't fun for whom?

Other people who actually use a non OSK. ;p Plus, it does get extremely annoying in a pub when you have all osks and its either die or survive, no fun at all - you mostly die anyways.

Now if they had an american server with barret and m79 banned...*drools*

DeLarge
January 28, 2006, 10:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeBeing a long time anti-barret, I think its good now. Next target is the M79 and its massive splash damage.

Well? If you were in the radius of an explosion in reality, you would be pushed away by the shock, or you would just die.

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 10:24 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DeLarge Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeBeing a long time anti-barret, I think its good now. Next target is the M79 and its massive splash damage.

Well? If you were in the radius of an explosion in reality, you would be pushed away by the shock, or you would just die.

Delarge, dont compare soldat to real life. Soldat is in no way realistic, therefore we shouldnt be using realistic comparisons to justify whether or not a weapon should be changed to make it more realistic. If it was realistic, every weapon would be insanely overpowered~

DeLarge
January 28, 2006, 10:43 am
Then it counts to compare to Soldat in real life because it has realistic mode.

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 11:12 am
Yes, but this isnt about realistic mode now is it? It could possibly be, but im sure the discussion is mostly directed towards normal mode and the opinions of weapons IN normal mode.

On with the hatred~ :D

P.S.

Normal Mode =\= Realistic (It wont show Not Equal Sign ;_;)

Pigtard
January 28, 2006, 3:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DenackeSeeing as I'm admin of this (SN) server, let me explain why we banned barret too.

We aim to get as much diversity in weapon usage as we can on our server. With this version, m79 seems to be more popular than ever, making it used by 90% of the players on our server when it was enabled. This was our reason to remove the m79.

However, because we did this, they all seemed to have switched to barret, making games almost barret only. Which is why we removed barret too.

So, what you're saying is, whichever gun is wh0red the most in your server, you'll ban it? For example, let's say one day almost all the server is using the ruger. After a few days, the ruger becomes extremely popular at your server and nearly EVERYONE uses it like nearly EVERYONE uses M79 anywhere. Would you ban the ruger then?

Denacke
January 28, 2006, 5:35 pm
Yes you completely understood my post. Congratulations.

Ok
January 28, 2006, 5:42 pm

No, the same majority that knows Soldat more than several months.
The same majority that decided the barret was overpowered after seeing it rule the public servers.

Is that more clear for you? or do you need a lesson in logical thinking?

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 1:28 am
@Pigtard

Ruger is probably #3 on most used guns. It is however, not the #1 leading cause of deaths, compared to m79 or Barret. The fact is, we need a damn server with no osk's anyways- even if it is euro. :D Besides the fact remains, m79 and barret are used the most, therefore choices should be limited to allow a more larger variety of different gun users in comparison to games where the focus is on primary OSK's.

Jesus christ. Another OSK topic thats going to ramble on forever. Woot.

GAMEOVER
January 29, 2006, 5:18 am
Barrets are easyer to assault with for some reason, like I said in another post they need ALOT more bink and the same goes for the m79. I cant go into any server without half the server almost being m79 its just rediculous.

ThaD
January 29, 2006, 10:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Ok Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by OkFor the majority...

No, the same majority that knows Soldat more than several months.
The same majority that decided the barret was overpowered after seeing it rule the public servers.

Is that more clear for you? or do you need a lesson in logical thinking?

it's far of logical thinking in fact; the server we are talking about is a public server and so people who play there are free to choose what weapon they want to use. If 90% of them use barret or m79 and they like it then I can't see the problem, the server is for people, right?

Quote:No, the same majority that knows Soldat more than several months.

Now what majority we are talking about? Betatesters? Or so called 'veterans' who can't stand the fact they can be killed by a noob? Or frustrated forum users moaning about 'barretards'? Well the fact is the majority of players don't know about this forum, the majority of them play Soldat for fun and maybe they would like to play Barret or m79.

grand_diablo
January 29, 2006, 11:55 am
I guess the thing is: when the m79 is banned(which is definitely too strong atm, and stronger than the barret imo), many newbies switch to barret, as its the only one hit killer left then - eventho its not that strong anymore it gets annoying when 80% of the players use it. I think the solution lies somewhere in a nerf of the m79 so the usage of both instantkillers would be split equally and generally the amount of players using them would decrease a bit. But as long as this isnt done, the only solution to keep a server balanced is banning both, as banning only one of them leads to an overuse of the other one.

Its just a typical public server phenomenon, many newbs prefer starting off with an 1hitkiller, but switch after some weeks when they gained experience. Its by far not that worse in clanwars, except for m79 which does - as I already mentioned - need more nerfing.

dr.ON
January 29, 2006, 2:04 pm
now m79 is owerpowered, but barret is still useful in right hands. so sum n00bies can still hate barret. n00bies always cry after getting pwned.

DragonSlayer
January 29, 2006, 2:53 pm
I remain as the only person who thinks M79 is not overpowered. :(

Just used too much because noobs tend to go with one-hit weapons when they start. M79 is so not overpowered in clan wars or decent level ctf. If it really was overpowered, everyone would be using it like barret back in 1.1.5 days. I really think it is okay in terms of balance, just not in terms of popularity. Is nerfing the only way to reduce the amount of users?

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 3:54 pm
Weapon limits cough cough :Q. What dragonslayer says is true, there are atleast 4 weapons used more than m79 in clanwars. And 2 others which are extremely close behind.

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 5:48 pm
 Quote:Now what majority we are talking about? Betatesters? Or so called 'veterans' who can't stand the fact they can be killed by a noob? Or frustrated forum users moaning about 'barretards'? Well the fact is the majority of players don't know about this forum, the majority of them play Soldat for fun and maybe they would like to play Barret or m79.

Well, that majority mainly uses those guns for the ease of simply picking them up and being able to kill without much need for practice. We cant really make an OSK weaker without changing the fact its an osk, the only real way is to nerf reload times, etc...But the real thing that needs to be done is just to make them harder to use, so newbies dont instantly flock to only 2 guns because they're good and easy, all guns should be good with the right practice. For example, the law was never nerfed neccessarily but rather made much harder to use. People just sucked so much they couldnt get it to hit so thats how they termed it. m79, needs to be made harder, whether it requires delay or not. Im sure pros can adapt to that, but newbies will have second thoughts.

kthx