( search forums )
How about a Quality Mods section?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
papasurf31
January 27, 2006, 2:50 am
To replace the partially leet mods section.

The current seperation between the two sections is so arbitrary, I think we should go back to the single "New Mods" section. That worked well, since people really don't understand where to put their mods these days. Partialy 1337 section has many finished mods, while "Totally 1337" has many that are anything but.

So, let's make a place where good, solid mods can be recognized and seperated. Where things like Mecha Soldat can be segregated from the rest of the crap we have to dift through. They don't have to be spectacular, they just have to not look like g0atse.

Please?

Chakra`
January 27, 2006, 11:42 am
S'good idea. Could go as far as a seperate forum for every different kind of mod, though that'd be a tad dividing.

If anyones got any ideas or opinions towards this, go nuts. I won't do anything until I get the All-Clear signal from Meandor and Ville2k though. S'there realm, and they know it better than I do.

papasurf31
January 27, 2006, 11:44 am
Possbly a division between original mods and mods based on existing franchises.

frogboy
January 27, 2006, 12:29 pm
I'd probably go with the post count - if a mod has more than x amount of posts, move it into the new section. Then again, you've got the whole thing with bad mods and every man and his dog having to point out how bad it is or how it's stolen, etc.

Meandor
January 27, 2006, 12:33 pm
Ville is the actual mod of that section, I don't even check forums daily. Tell him to do stuff ;<

papasurf31
January 27, 2006, 2:57 pm
Yeah, It should be the moderator)'s responsibility to move any worthy modifications to their proper section. Ask Ville to do it.

Michal
January 27, 2006, 9:13 pm
Yeah this is a great idea, I was just thinking of posting such a topic.
It's really annoying to see some random blobs in the same forum section as quality pixel-art.

Maka
January 28, 2006, 12:45 am
Maybe as a new rule, a mod has to have it's theme in the subject, for example:

WWII- teh modzor
Future- Uber MOD
Medival- Bow and Arrow :D:D:D