( search forums )
Three Weapons / 2 Secondary Weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yuth
January 27, 2006, 3:04 am
Weapons switched by 1 2 & 3 on the keyboard.

One Primary and two Secondary weapons. So that we carry three weapons.
Either switched by one button, or you can use 1 2 & 3.

Really though, I think this would be a good improvement to Soldat.

What do you think ?

Eagles_Arrows
January 27, 2006, 11:33 am
Nah...I think Soldat's fine with two weapons per player, but it's not a bad idea

CrazyKid980
January 27, 2006, 12:17 pm
No way man, two weapons are just easier to switch with. Three weapons will get confusing.

echo
January 27, 2006, 12:29 pm
It's not exactly confusing but I wouldn't agree with it. You alrdy got primary, secondary and nades (and fists xD). Besides, you can alrdy throw off the secondary and grab another primary, so 3 weaps would be far 2 much.

numgun
January 27, 2006, 3:42 pm
nah, 2 weapon slots is fine right now.
but maybe the 3rd slot can be given to items like:
-binoculars
-flashlight
-thermal goggles
u could use it only to pick up/use the items. not for guns. ;)

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 4:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by numgunnah, 2 weapon slots is fine right now.
but maybe the 3rd slot can be given to items like:
-binoculars
-flashlight
-thermal goggles
u could use it only to pick up/use the items. not for guns. ;)

You know, I love the sound of binoculars. Those would be pretty damn sweet. You can scope out the terrain ahead of you and check for snipers and such. I would so love to have those :D

EDIT: *gasp* the quote boxes looks, secksier :o

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 6:02 pm
Two weapons are ok since you die frequently (well... n00bs) and nobody has time to change to their other weapons while in combat.

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 6:25 pm
2 guns are fine.. if there were more, it would be more advanced and take away the toxicity.. i mean simplicity:p

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 8:22 pm
Personally I don't think adding one extra secondary to the gameplay would be too advanced.

Imagine having two knives, or knife and soccom, or law and chainsaw.
And the other possibilities with two secondary weapons.

I just think this would make it more fun.

Holding the switching button and hitting 1 2 or 3 would be a good way of switching directly to the weapon you want.

Nuts
January 28, 2006, 12:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HHH2 guns are fine.. if there were more, it would be more advanced and take away the toxicity.. i mean simplicity:p

You dont need to use them if you dont want.

I like this idea, i hope it will be implemented.

-Arbalest-
January 28, 2006, 4:04 am
This idea will be welcomed in Snipers as they can carry socom with knife or law to deal with enemies that is getting too close.

This idea would be a bit useless for close combat unless for players that use knife for secondary. When they used up their primary weapon, missed their knife throw, then they can get out a Socom and finish the job.

Or, they kill one enemy with their primary, knife the second and finish the third off with a law launch or socom shots.

So all in all the three weapon concept can be an advantage if your skilled at it.

sticky_soldier
January 29, 2006, 3:03 am
Three knives... *drools*

*FLING!*
*Switch...*
*FLING!*
*Switch...*
*FLING!*
*Shot with barret while attemping to pick up...*

Edit: Although, a "Utilities" slot (ie, binoculars, thermal goggles) would be a good idea. It WOULD get a bit cluttered on the wep menu though, so maybe you could make it that you had one permanantly, and to change it you had to go into the settings tab of the Soldat main window.

Edit2: You couldn't have three weapons. It would have to be Primary|Secondary|Utility. If there were three weapons Barretards etc would be incredibly frustrating. It's bad enough as is if they have two barrets etc.

Aegis
January 29, 2006, 3:23 am
I was actually thinking about this earlier. A tertiary weapon/tool would be nice to have.

John O
January 29, 2006, 3:37 am
maybe the third wouldnt be an actual weapon. i wouldnt mind a binox/themgoggles/whatever if it couldnt be switched out for another m79. actually, what if it was the grenade button and you choose to have grenade/binox/thermgoggles/shurikens....

mike323
January 29, 2006, 7:04 am
Noo, it just wouldn't be soldat that way. It would get confusing.

Mr. Boombastic
January 29, 2006, 7:16 am
3 weapons would be [CENSORED], much too many buttons to remember. What they should do is make every weapon able to have an alternate fire; e.i a karaboostov type gun with semi-auto fire and alternate fire would be a nade launcher

a-4-year-old
January 29, 2006, 2:54 pm
it will not happen for so many reasons

1. unrealistic
2. cause more unbalance
3. 3 m79s
4. as HHH said soldat is a simple game and i have a quote from MM to prove it.
5. i think nuts and Yuth are the same person (just a hunch)

The_Reaper90
January 29, 2006, 3:00 pm
flashlight would be cool...so we could make dark maps where the only way to see is to use your flashlight and small area would lighten when you shoot because of the fire....awesome!!!!!

Yuth
January 29, 2006, 7:04 pm
"a-4-year-old" No, Nuts is not me, he is a friend of mine. -_-
I was thinking you might get suspicious about us being the same guy.

Also, dude... I didn't say three Primary weapons... I said One Primary & two Secondary. -_-

Two Secondary weapons wouldn't make unbalance.

Nuts
January 29, 2006, 7:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldit will not happen for so many reasons

1. unrealistic
2. cause more unbalance
3. 3 m79s

1. I think soldat is more unrealistic than 1 weapon add into it. Idiot.
2. Again, you didnt say why. It doesnt cause any unbalance.
3. Ehh? Read the post again, it was 2 secondary, and 1 primary. Are you dumb, or why cant you never read the post well? Oh [CENSORED].
4. You dont need to use the third weapon if it is too hard.
5. LOL you are paranoiac, you should rest a bit.

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 9:38 pm
 Quote:3. 3 m79s
3. Ehh? Read the post again, it was 2 secondary, and 1 primary. Are you dumb, or why cant you never read the post well?

What if the person PICKS UP the m79s?Think what you say through before you try to insult someone with stupidity

Nuts
January 29, 2006, 10:14 pm
Solution: you cant pic 3 primary weapons, one of them have to be secondary.

The idea in this suggestion was that there is extra weapon in your pocket, and that weapon is one of the secondary weapons.

dragontamer
January 30, 2006, 4:38 am
Reason why I don't like this, follow this sequence of events:

1. Start off with m79, knife and pistol.
2. Launch knife, pick up new m79.
3. Find new m79, drop pistol and pick up the other m79.

If 2 or 3 isn't allowed, that gets *far* too complicated in the game. Sorry.

As for the 3rd weapon == nades idea, I like it. Sacrifice your nades, but you get ruger + binoculars, seems like good balance.

sticky_soldier
January 30, 2006, 9:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by NutsThe idea in this suggestion was that there is extra weapon in your pocket, and that weapon is one of the secondary weapons.

Therefore a sh!ttay weapon. I like.
It could be a half size USSOCOM, with half the firepower... XD
I like.

Gen0cide` does have a very valid point though. You would have to make it that you couldn't chuck away the third weapon, or, as I posted earlier, it would be a utility slot and not a weapons slot at all.

a-4-year-old
January 30, 2006, 8:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Nuts Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldit will not happen for so many reasons

1. unrealistic
2. cause more unbalance
3. 3 m79s

1. I think soldat is more unrealistic than 1 weapon add into it. Idiot.
2. Again, you didnt say why. It doesnt cause any unbalance.
3. Ehh? Read the post again, it was 2 secondary, and 1 primary. Are you dumb, or why cant you never read the post well? Oh [CENSORED].
4. You dont need to use the third weapon if it is too hard.
5. LOL you are paranoiac, you should rest a bit.

1. i read the post, thought about the effect on the game and how people would use it, than i thought that a bunch of people who worshop the realistic mode would start making angry posts all day.

2. LOL you are a dumbass you would have the ability to get three primaries eventually, making it not only retarded, but defeats the balance of having to load forever

3.people have the ABILITY to pick up three primaries, wich would be the only purpose of that unless you wanted to spray laws, because nobody needs more than one soccom or chainsaw, and few use the knife.

4. its not how hard it is, it just takes away from what MM wanted in his game, killing ppl. and if you have to have three weapons it would not be as fun experience as, every once in a while taking out soccom and blasting them to peices.

5. its just that you both are the only people who want this in soldat, and you are both the only ones who dont understand what soldat "is" and having paranoia means being scared or constantly thinking that someone is trying to get you, and usually takes alot more than bedrest to cure (tharapy/drugs)

forgive me if i was not being clear but you can infer a little to figure out what i am trying to say to you.

Mr. Boombastic
January 30, 2006, 10:08 pm
you cant put a chainsaw or a LAW in your pocket. dumass

Mr. Boombastic
January 30, 2006, 10:09 pm
oops... disregard that last post (I was looking at previous page)

a-4-year-old
January 31, 2006, 12:30 am
use the edit button on top of the page or just click the trash can to get rid of it altogether, or quote them, find the error and bold it and than call them a dumbass.

and i was preping for a good comeback too, like quote you and point out that you spelled dumbass wrong and than call you a dumbass, but since you didnt call me a dumbass i really dont care.

some mod lock? this topic is worthless now that i have told everyone my opinion.

Antifate
January 31, 2006, 8:37 pm
This idea, blows, it is the worse idea EVER. In the history of ever. Imagine this.

*sniping*
I see a dude.
*BAM* barret shot.
Whoops, I missed, no biggy.
How about my LAW?
My OTHER LAW?
What about my nades? *while throwing nades you can switch back to barret*
And another barret shot?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Deleted User
February 1, 2006, 2:55 am
A bit too much. M79, HK5, Knife? I mean come on.

Nuts
February 1, 2006, 11:51 am
Fools. You can only have 2 secondary weapons, and one primary.
If you want to have 2 primary weapons, you cant have the third secondary weapon.

Yuth
February 2, 2006, 1:59 pm
What about if that second Secondary weapon was knife or soccom only...
Doesn't need to be all Secondary weapons.

And wtf are you guys talking about, I said two Secondary weapons. -_-
And I don't see unbalance in two Secondary weapons in gameplay.

Why can't you guys come with suggestions instead of telling how bad this Topic is ?!