( search forums )
Knife & Arrows / When Hit
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yuth
January 27, 2006, 4:11 am
When the knife hits a Soldat, the knife is stuck to the Soldat until the Soldat dies.
Same thing with arrows, imagine how much more fun the gameplay would be!

Throwing your knife at the opponent and seeing it stuck to your opponent.
Amazing how just a few details would make the game so much better.

Shooting the opponent with arrows, half the fun is seeing the arrows stuck to the opponent.
Three arrows in the back etc. Or leg arm and head.

Alright, let's see what you guys think. ^^

numgun
January 27, 2006, 3:36 pm
hmmm, this would make the knife and rambo bow too weak.
and the knife happens to be my fav.

i'd say no.

GluLm
January 27, 2006, 3:42 pm
I don't see how it would make these weaker... pfft.

For once I agree with this idea, I also think it would had an interesting detail to Soldat.
Now that's up to MM to decide whether to do it or not, since it certainly needs some more coding.
This is a simple (?) yet efficient improvement.
Good idea, I fully support it!

ninjapwnage
January 27, 2006, 4:16 pm
Well, this would be a lost for people who love their knives and retrive them even if they hit or missed their mark. I always pick up my knives, it always makes a difference... Hm, maybe if it caused bleed damage then it would be awesome.

CrazyEye
January 27, 2006, 5:41 pm
Knives are 1 hit kill no?

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 6:00 pm
I don't agree with it. As numgun said, it would make them weaker in order to make them get stuck because they kill with 1 hit.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 7:36 pm
Critical hit would be head, and so on, can be fixed up. ^^

person
January 27, 2006, 8:24 pm
I don't think the weapons should be weakened just for an aesthetic feature, especially when it would be unneeded... if you are pierced while wearing a vest with either of these weapons, you don't die, and even in some other circumstances you don't die from a single hit.

And I wouldn't want the knife to stay in my enemies body if he doesn't die, I wan't a second chance if i can...

GluLm
January 27, 2006, 8:48 pm
Of course the weapons wouldn't be weakened just for that.
The knife is not always a one hit kill you know, sometimes people don't throw it with enough power and don't kill.

But yeah, after consideration, rambo bow's arrows are indeed a one hit kill so... that won't work.
Too bad Yuth, I think your suggestion won't work.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 9:27 pm
I mean when the knife or arrow hits the Soldat, it would be stuck to the Soldat.
But the knife can still be picked up where it lies.

It would be stuck in the Soldat until the corpse disappears.
But can still be picked up while it's stuck to the Soldat.

I mean, it doesn't matter if the Soldat dies or not, it would be stuck until the corpse disappears.

Nuts
January 27, 2006, 11:26 pm
I love the sadistic idea in it!
Would really make more fun, it would look so silly, hehe :D

-Arbalest-
January 28, 2006, 3:52 am
Sounds like a cool idea. It's all about visualizing it: You one hit a guy in mid-air with a knife and see his lifeless body falling down with a knife stuck to him.

I guess it would only be cool if you hit someone in mid-air, hitting targets on land wouldn't be much.

But if the knife's damage is to be weakened we better make every soldier carry a knife pouch so they can keep drawing knives to throw.

nfsjunkie91
January 28, 2006, 5:08 pm
dont make them any weaker, jsut make the ragdolls stiffer so when they're hit they fall over sloooowly backwards. just imagine that...

mike323
January 28, 2006, 8:30 pm
Well with this you should be able to yank your knife back out. I wouldn't like having my knife stuck in some body, and i couldn't get it back.

a-4-year-old
January 28, 2006, 11:14 pm
lol *knifeheadshot* *does /piss*
*pulls knife out of brain*

sweet. i like the idea

Yuth
January 28, 2006, 11:57 pm
Ya, when you yank the knife out you'd hear a sound like when you switch to knife.

Just a little different, would need a new Sfx. ^^

CrazyEye
January 29, 2006, 4:34 am
How bout this, when you get to low life (20%) certain limbs would appear bloody and hang from your torso by a stringy muscle tissue....Or maybe when you gut another player with your knife, you would see internal organs fall out...or maybe just a cmd to make your guy go to the nearest corpse and turn him into a couple steaks....

Mr. Boombastic
January 29, 2006, 7:25 am
Well I like the idea of the knife sticking out of your enemies, but i dont like how it would have to be weakened...maybe when the knife is lodged into a living enemy it should slowly reduce his life until the knife is removed...or of coarse until the player is dead :P

Yuth
February 2, 2006, 2:05 pm
Yeah, like a blood bar instead of HP bar...
If you're hit the blood bar drains slowly until you die. ^^