( search forums )
Soldat Paintball *v1.5- Patch on pg.15*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
PuMa
March 7, 2003, 6:22 pm
Havn't gotten too much done on the mod yet, but i have completed the interface and some weapons. ones that are done:

Talon
Maverick
Spyder SE
2001 Worrgames Autococker
Those pistols (the blue ones, forget the name, like PT or something)
-Tippman Carbine

Here is a crummy screenshot of me with a Spyder and a autococker on my back

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] spyder.gif39.41 KB

---EDIT---
Get the mod here! (this is the final release)
www.planetcnc.com/ra-tech/files/DPS_v1.5.zip

BTW here is another screenshot i did... again, not the nicest. Im not good at doing them (thats on the map PB world)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pbwrld.jpg26.17 KB

N1nj@
March 7, 2003, 9:03 pm
if you need more ideas try this site http://www.digitalpaintball.net/

PuMa
March 8, 2003, 12:03 am
Thank you :)

Actually i just found that site a month ago (well the Q2 version) and have been playing it for a while.

M
March 8, 2003, 7:51 am
What the hell is that on the pic.
Btw change your name of the mod.
I have a paintball mod.

PuMa
March 8, 2003, 12:29 pm
Its my guy croutching holding a spyder, with an autococker on his back.. the thign flying at him is a paintball (yellow)

I dl'ed your mod to see what it was like, and you hadn't added any guns... what do you want me to change the name to??? Extreme Paintball? Maybe you could help me out?

PuMa
March 8, 2003, 5:54 pm
o well

anyhow Progress Report
-Replaced reloading sounds for all guns
-Replaced firing sounds for all guns (except 2 that didn't require it)
-replaced grenade explosino sounds
-replaced bullet colliding sounds

All that really needs to be done is finish the interface guns, and make some good paintball maps/scenery

N1nj@
March 9, 2003, 12:59 am
the guns looks hype man...keep up the good work!

PuMa
March 9, 2003, 11:53 am
Good news... I've uploaded DPS beta 1 to my webserver (its about 2mbs) ... Im looking for say 3 beta testers. Ive got one already, so if you're interested, you'd better email me quick :)

N1nj@
March 9, 2003, 4:02 pm
PuMa...i could help!

PuMa
March 9, 2003, 9:38 pm
All of the pballers now have masks, that can be shot off...
increased sound volumes...
added more gfx...
improved interface...

The mod is out! Tell me what you think, and please report bugs!
http://ra-techcenter.afraid.org/files/DPS_v1.0.zip

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 10, 2003, 2:15 pm
Okay Puma, you need to have a sniper rifle paintball gun.....there are such things.Also try to fixed up a m79 paintball cannon =P Use you "imagination" =P. Here is the Sniper Rifle http://www.tippmann.com/proshop/gallery.asp its the first one.....

N1nj@
March 10, 2003, 2:19 pm
cool...the top one loos great

btw...i added your mod on the site http://www.nwa.us.tt

PuMa
March 10, 2003, 2:47 pm
a TIPPMAN sniper rifle??? HAHAHAHA thats funny. Tipmans suck.

But ill add it. got some homework though, so ill do it this afternoon.

And thanx N1nj@... can someone get me some screenshots? I have trouble taking good ones ;)

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 10, 2003, 2:50 pm
yea well you could find a different sniiper rifle from a different company...

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 10, 2003, 3:05 pm
also where is the gotek files as seen in the first picture ya posted...?

PuMa
March 10, 2003, 3:27 pm
huh? the only gostek i changed was the mask. The screenshot i posted didn't have a mask. IF you're talking about the black, thats just my character- in the soldat file i changed all colors to clBlack.

Found a b@d@$$ grenade launcher to use... i may end up using the tippman sniper though, or i can make up my own modified version of it :evil:

N1nj@
March 10, 2003, 3:40 pm
o cool...let see the grenade launcher!

PuMa
March 10, 2003, 4:38 pm
hehehe its going to be a surprise... picture my guy crouched holding a silver colored LAW on his shoulder... and a guy running towards him... you get the picture :)

PuMa
March 10, 2003, 9:09 pm
Sniper rifle started and looking good :)

Need a good sound for it though.

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 10, 2003, 9:15 pm
lol, also use the tippmann's all new A-5 for the replacement of the "noob gun" (link: http://www.tippmann.com/gunline/a5.asp) and the nades are not exactly green in paintball use the paintball nades (link: http://www.xpaintball.com/grenades.html) and the Deasert Eagles look like some handle with a laser beam sticking from the handle/trigger I recommended this for the replacement of the current deasert eagles(link: http://www.paintballstuff.com) and some other things.....I will reply soon.....

PuMa
March 10, 2003, 11:53 pm
Was thinking about the A5.. dont know if i can fit it in. ill c.

Grenades... ill see if they look better.

I had the eagles changed to PT xtremes, but i dont think i did a very good job. Ill redo them

Thanks for your ideas :)

Cpd4224
March 11, 2003, 12:00 am
nice mod, you making any maps for it?

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 11, 2003, 12:03 am
Puma..Ill be at any assistance...

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 11:20 am
If you want to help with maps that would be great! :)

Update:
Sniper Rifle gfx done
M79 GFX done
Cluster nades/nades done
Redid explosion so it didn't look rediculous in flame god mode

**Just a note- this mod is meant to be played in realistic, otherwise some of its effects are ruined. However i did make it so it is compatible with normal play (slot for bullet proof vest, good flamegod effects ect.)**

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 1:42 pm
Update:
Did the Talon interface gfx
Did the Grenade pin
Added a better scope to the sniper rifle
Removed the clip from the cocker (forot to do before)
Gatling gun how has paint, not bullets in the clip
Gatling gun now has smoke fx

As i said b4, i suck at screenshots. anyhow here is a crappy one of me throwing a grenade, and holding an m79. It looks much better in game, with the diff resolution.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] law.jpg27.8 KB

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 4:18 pm
isnt it suppose to be on your shoulder or something (talkin about the m79)

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 4:29 pm
when you kneel it looks like it is.

In the regular soldat it isn't period.

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 4:31 pm
cant you mkae it go up more...?

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 4:58 pm
PRolly ill look into it.

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 5:06 pm
go on AIM...i will help

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 11, 2003, 6:36 pm
I will too....

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 8:49 pm
I tried it, but it looked like crap. Im going to leave it as is.

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 11, 2003, 9:01 pm
nah man...let me and ninj@ help you man your mod is too good to give up just becasue of some thing that ya changed that looks like crap you mod is to far back to be crappy and to so close to beng soo good let me and ninj@ help ya out...

PuMa
March 11, 2003, 9:47 pm
lol ok :D

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 11:35 pm
me and corlan is the best!

PuMa
March 17, 2003, 11:31 am
Dont worry, it will be (and im back to school, so im busy)

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 17, 2003, 11:00 pm
NINJ@ MAN! INEED HELP WITH THE MOD I CAN'T DO IT BY MYSELF!

N1nj@
March 17, 2003, 11:06 pm
tell me waht you need...and i will help

PuMa
April 27, 2003, 5:03 pm
Yes.. check out the newest screenshots... (i know im not that good at taking them [:P])

Me hiding from the crazy n00bs:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pbWorld.gif70.13 KBs

The new interface...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pbdreamz.gif92.74 KB

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
April 28, 2003, 5:19 pm
Yo PUMA I am here again I am here to let a hand again ever since I quit that isbut if ya need help still ill be there...

PuMa
April 28, 2003, 8:32 pm
Cool... I could use some more paintball gun shooting SFX... Think you could compile a llttle zip file of different sounds?

N1nj@
April 29, 2003, 3:11 am
they are hot man...good job puma

Tadlos
May 1, 2003, 2:51 pm
The last time I had an autococker on my back, I was really drunk and regretted it the next morning.

dark_skull66
May 2, 2003, 12:21 am
PuMa i think this mod will be a great sucess! i hopt there are new levels included! ^^

wormdundee
May 2, 2003, 12:23 am
this just gets better and better doesnt it? anyways, cant wait and all that!

PuMa
May 2, 2003, 9:47 pm
Tadlos :P

What does this have to do with anything? Or are you saying you like the autococker?

Evolution
May 3, 2003, 3:19 am
LOL :)
now it *NEARLY FINISHED*
instead of *FINISHED*

yup its really improving :)

PuMa
May 3, 2003, 12:00 pm
=D

Evolution
May 5, 2003, 5:41 am
but REALLY,
your work on this interface is DA best!

nive screens :)

PuMa
May 5, 2003, 11:50 am
Ok heres the thing:

Dustbag's map is taking a really long time to get done, so i think ill upload the two maps that are done (remade).

Also, everyone should dl v1.2, because for the moment at least, it looks like im just going to upload a patch. (my internet has gone from 56k to 20k (?????))

N1nj@
May 5, 2003, 9:37 pm
ooo...dam...it would be better if you release it as 1.3 rather than a patch :)

PuMa
May 6, 2003, 1:11 am
Well... i will eventually... but im planning on getting some new sounds, and i dont want to keep you guys w8ing... [;)]

IamGod
June 15, 2003, 4:04 am
Theres something wrong here, i think ive downloaded everything possible for this mod but, in one of the screenshots, you have all of the weapons. i only have the deagles, the mp5, the aug, the ak74, the barret, and the minime. Why is that? I dont have all of your modified guns. Also, how do i add a little picture thingy to the side of my name while participating in forums??? HELP ME. My email is kyl3roberts@hotmail.com So far though, ur mod is the best

PuMa
June 15, 2003, 12:07 pm
Thnx. To clear up any qs, im going to start re uploading the mod now. stick around! :)

PuMa
June 25, 2003, 10:24 pm
Finals are over, ill try to get going again :-/

Edge
June 25, 2003, 11:10 pm
Ready for maps? PM me or e-mail me with your ideas and your limitations and stuff, and I'll get to work. =) It'll give me something to do.

PuMa
June 26, 2003, 12:38 pm
Ok.. ill do it sometime this afternoon

PuMa
June 26, 2003, 6:21 pm
CTF Paintball wars in finally done!

Note- Dustbag sent me his incomplete map a while ago, i redid half of it, and finished it as well.

Anyhow... its done, finally got the bot routes to work correctly...... AND IT IS INCREDIBLE.

Feedback people!

http://www.planetcnc.com/ra-tech/upload/ctf_paintballwarz.zip

Here were the original concept shots of it. Im too lazy to take new ones Lolz [:p]
-http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Dustbag/20034822315_screenshot1.jpg
-http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Dustbag/20034822330_screenshot38.jpg
-http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Dustbag/2003482247_screenshot43.jpg
-http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Dustbag/20034822343_screenshot39.jpg
-http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Dustbag/20034822355_screenshot41.jpg

Misse91
June 26, 2003, 11:27 pm
very dool paintball interface i've downloading it now,

and the weapons are very nice too.

[:-slug]

PuMa
June 27, 2003, 12:40 am
Thank you :)

PuMa
July 13, 2003, 12:09 pm
lol i wanted to take a bit of the violence away. The chainsaw had been converted to dual spray paint cans... but I couldn't change the color of the spray without screwing up the smoke in all of the rest of the game.

PuMa
December 11, 2003, 12:18 pm
Hmm.... just thought i might let you guys know, when 1.2 is released, i plan on updating this mod, as it is one of the most popular mods ever :)

PuMa
December 12, 2003, 2:21 am
Yeah... ive been MIA for some time.... but ive been stopping by from time to time impatiently *ahem* waiting for 1.2 to be released!

GeoForce
December 13, 2003, 8:36 am
HELP!! I'm missing the boulder scenery-gfx!!! I cant play nightmare or paintballwar!!!

PuMa
December 14, 2003, 1:25 pm
Yeah, lots of people are having that problem. I cant find it on my computer, and i dont have any older versions that did have it. (ex. if you can track down sombody with the original map pack/older version, then it would be there but... sorry :(

All i can say, is that if you have the soldat map maker, recompile the maps, and it will work fine.

GeoForce
December 15, 2003, 8:13 am
I tried recompling it but the same message comes up :( Your mod is mad! Not the best but its very fun. Y not change the chainsaw to a gaint paintbrush?

PuMa
December 15, 2003, 12:52 pm
Because the knife is already a paintbrush! No need to have 2...

But something along the lines of that may be good....any other suggestions for what to replace it with? I tried changing it to a spray can, but it didn't work right. If i made the "spray" red (that is the smokey stuff coming off the saw when active), then all the smoke in the game was red too. Looked dumb so....

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 15, 2003, 6:43 pm
hmm i cant think of anythink for the chainsaw but i know a thew things i make better
the eagles and ruger makes same sound for sum reason this quite annoying....
try and think of a way to change the minigun cos it doesnt fit in (make it colorful and put a big hopper on top) also (iam not a modder) but if theres a way to change the fix gun emplacement i would...
just given a helpful opinion so no one go "he did a great job we dont need *censored* critiserise like u"
well hoping one day 1.2 will come out...so i see the new dps come outs

PuMa
December 15, 2003, 9:26 pm
Thanks for the feedback- ill try to get this stuff done before the end of Xmas break. (you ask, "why the hell so long for this stuff???" The answer? Im hoping well get 1.2 for xmas!)

PuMa
January 26, 2004, 9:14 pm
Ok. Hold on. Is there even any interest for me to update the mod to 1.2, or should i just not waste my time?

PuMa
January 30, 2004, 1:49 am
It would be that easy, but i want better sfx for the stat. gun. I cant find ANY free pbgun sfx on the internet, and have no CO2 for my gun. (so i cant record it)

Anyone like to help?

PuMa
February 9, 2004, 12:15 pm
As i said before, nothings going to happen until i get sounds (which probably wont happen w/out help.)

sauron_the_deceiver
February 9, 2004, 7:18 pm
PuMa: I'll sort it out for you - I'll download your mod and edit a couple of the sounds for the SG sounds.

Deleted User
February 9, 2004, 10:31 pm
http://melankolia.sytes.net/moo/store/DPSm2.zip

Thats what I've done for you. I just edited the Socom firing sound and the grenade explode to fit an SG better.

PuMa
February 20, 2004, 12:39 pm
Hmm.... alrite, ill check it out :)

Thanks Stalky! -sauron_the_deceiver- alrite... all help is appreciated....

Deleted User
February 20, 2004, 1:07 pm
No problemo.

PuMa
May 12, 2004, 10:56 pm
quote:Actually i hate that Soldat mods have "beta-stages" That sickens me.Yeah.... whats your point? this isn't a beta. its a final release for (according to the "pros") the last good version.

Btw, this mod is going nowhere unless like soldat becomes un/shareware, or there is massive interest. (if either happens i guarantee this mod will be remade 5x as good)

hanlboy
May 13, 2004, 6:53 am
good job!!...
Im always wait next patch..>_<).

Liquid Metal
May 13, 2004, 10:09 am
This mod is mad. Very fun! When are you gunna work on your mod? Anyways I just made the law a bit brighter
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] law.bmp701 Bytes
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] law-2.bmp703 Bytes

and changed the chainsaw. I dont know what the hell it is but it looks better anyway.
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] chainsaw.bmp786 Bytes
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] chainsaw2.bmp783 Bytes
You might wanna use this as a patch or something.

PuMa
September 24, 2004, 2:27 pm
Hey! Good to see that ppl still kinda care about the mod.. may have to do some patching in my spare time! (doesn't come often, but ill see what i can do) just re-downloaded soldat....

sativa
September 24, 2004, 6:18 pm
well puma, ever thought of a new modmaybe?

PuMa
September 24, 2004, 10:50 pm
mmm./.. so many mods have already been done, and im lacking inspiration... not enough time on my hands =/