( search forums )
M79 idea?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mar77a
January 31, 2006, 9:30 pm
I just thougth that the only weapon that remains "untouched" was the m79 (meaning the-one-which-you-need-less-skill-to-kill-with) and came up with this idea...

...my english sucks, rigth?....

so, it's pretty simple, the speed of the bullet is determined by the distance between the player that holds that m79 and it's cursor.

naaaa, naaa naa naa naaaa na na naaaa, hey judeeee

btw, i eat green beretts for breakfast.

If you dont understand the concept i can draw it, but i dont think it's necessary.

Deleted User
February 1, 2006, 9:45 am
Would the change in speed be directly or indirectly proportional to the distance from player to cursor? I mean, would it get faster for a bigger distance, or slower for a bigger distance?

GunPowder
February 2, 2006, 12:46 am
 Quote:Originally posted by StalkyWould the change in speed be directly or indirectly proportional to the distance from player to cursor? I mean, would it get faster for a bigger distance, or slower for a bigger distance?

I think he meant the firepower gets weaker for long distances. Other wise it'd be meaningless, to shoot m79 like barrets :)

Maka
February 2, 2006, 2:36 am
So...

M79Artill.Speed = Distance_To_Point(Player.x,Player.y,Mouse_x,Mouse_y)/1000*[Weapons.ini speed]

This is in Game Maker Code, by the way.

Drink Bloody Water
February 2, 2006, 12:04 pm
lol Maka

mar77a
February 2, 2006, 9:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by StalkyWould the change in speed be directly or indirectly proportional to the distance from player to cursor? I mean, would it get faster for a bigger distance, or slower for a bigger distance?

Indirectly, of course.

Raptor
February 2, 2006, 11:28 pm
Real weapons don't do that. And no weapon is better than the other (at least not by much) because in different maps, different weapons have their advantages.

Pero
February 27, 2006, 12:15 am
M79 shouldnt be touched its not overpowered...u csan own pubs with every weapon anyway owning in clanwars with any weapon takes major skill...

a-4-year-old
February 27, 2006, 1:51 am
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77a...my english sucks, rigth?....

LOL

like this?

player_________________m79hits_________________cursor
player_m79hits_cursor (selfpwn)

pero, i have to ask, are you retarded or just ignorant?
of course you can pwn in pubs/clanwars with every gun but with m79 it is SO much easier. go and play three pubs on the same map and people. one with m79, one with a single auto of your choice, and one with minigun. than come back, post your scores in each and tell all of us how you did.

Chakra`
March 1, 2006, 5:33 pm
Nice idea, but please keep ideas 'within' the capabilities of the weapons.ini

teacher
March 4, 2006, 1:55 pm
To answer the four year old fellow, he'd get least kills with minigun. Now I ask you to check out the topic about the minigun I made and say what you think.

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 4:44 pm
I dont see how this makes a difference. Its also not possible to do right now...

LawSuit
March 9, 2006, 3:24 am
It'd probably overpower the M79, mainly from the way explosives can make you fly into a wall at super-sonic speeds...
Yeah, since it's explosive, it'd kill anyways from any distance. You could randomly blast a few M79 shells into the enemy base from a safe distance, and you'd probably make at least 2 Soldats "kill themselves".
Overall, a definate no. Maybe if you could "charge up" the shot?
Post Script: this vaguely resembles Gunbound...

Judge_Man
March 10, 2006, 5:02 pm
Hey Mar77a.

But your idea, No. It would be so hard to use!
You'd have to calculate the angle and your firepower, it would be crazy.

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 6:07 pm
I dont think it's that hard, just kind of like the knife.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 6:09 pm
Nice idea i love it!

grand_diablo
March 10, 2006, 6:38 pm
I kinda like the idea, there has to be a speed limit for the m79 bullet of course (I doubt it was meant to make it fly like a barret bullet when you got your cursor at the other end of the screen)

Judge_Man
March 10, 2006, 6:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77aI dont think it's that hard, just kind of like the knife.

Not really like knife because you calculate the power depending on the distance your cursor is from your guy. SO while your moving, looking around for ennemies (mouse movement), you'd have to be REALLY quick and accurate to get the correct cursor distance(power) and the angle to hit. Add movement bink with that + almost certain longer reload in next version, you get an m79 Really hard to use.

I think it would cause too many misses which = most probably dead.

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 8:20 pm
That's good :)

Nah, i dont think that's so exagerated. And bink would be reduced, of course.

Judge_Man
March 10, 2006, 9:37 pm
Nah, it just won't be implented.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 16, 2006, 8:41 am
If you did so mar77a, it would be not so realistic as you cant realy control speed of the nade in real life nade launchers unless you can prove me wrong...

ssams
March 22, 2006, 9:44 pm
the m79 is not over powered becuse if u are figying two gyes youre screwd because is takes a wile to reload and u caan kill from a distance like barrit

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:10 am
better to do it "longer u hold shoot button faster it fly" like knife.
Cuz i think that it will be really hard to use.