( search forums )
"Access Viollation at 0000000A" Help Me!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
January 31, 2006, 11:22 pm
Everytime I start up soldat I keep getting this message that pops up sayin "Access Violation at 0000000A" and I don't know what I did. Is it a bug, bad download or something else? I tried Googling it but got no answers, and I tried searching this forum and still no luck. I'm guessing I should just redownload Soldat, but I'm kinda curious to know what this is and if there's any way to fix it. Please help.

FliesLikeABrick
January 31, 2006, 11:47 pm
From the forum sticky:

Access Violation

Although in version 1.2 this problem was supposed to be fixed, it still occurs now and then. The error message commonly being:

'Access Violation at address 0055411E in module 'Soldat.exe', Read of address 0000000000'

It's been reported that it happens more frequently during viewing of Demos. To solve this problem do the following:1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - It's the most common cause of this problem
2. Do not use 'Reg Cracks' On Soldat
3. Uninstall soldat
4. Delete the Soldat folder
5. Restart Your Computer
6. Install soldat 1.3
7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder*
b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder*
8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder** If you do not see these files do the following:

Open My Computer, go to Tools > Folder options > View, enable 'Show hidden files and folders', click 'Apply to all folders', Yes and then Ok

If those files are on your system, you'll be able to find and delete them now. However, if you don't have them, then steps 1 #8211; 7 should have fixed the problem.

If this does not solve the issue, then you have programs running that are interfering with Soldat. Close ALL Messengers, Chat programs, Anti-Virus programs, etc. Before running Soldat to ensure it is the most stable. Then try running Soldat with one program open at a time until you find which program you must leave closed to play Soldat.

Also, ensure that you do not have any spyware or keyloggers, trojans, virii, etc. on your system as they cause these issues as well. Update your Anti-Virus, perform a full system scan, and use helpful programs such as Adaware to remove any spyware you may have.

Zero72
February 1, 2006, 9:18 am
Actually, I'm thinking it might be the intro. Make sure "Play Intro" is unchecked in your config program.

Potnop
February 6, 2006, 7:00 am
Yea, I kept having this bug happen, but then I unclicke "Play Intro" and it worked. Before, it always went to the create game tab, then suddenly it went to the join game tab without the button saying join game. Then you have no control of the game because the message pops up. If I was lucky enough, the message popped up fine. Or I'd have to alt+tab it. When I unchecked it it went ot the profile selection like it's supposed to.

Also, there's a bug with the game minimizing form either alt+tabbing or some other thing. Sometimes the game minimizes for no reaon, but I think this one spyware is causing that on my computer. But the minimizing bug sucks. Either the game just plain doesn't work when U open it up again after minimizong it and it only shows the icon on top of the screen. Or I'm back in the game, but I have no control. I got lucky like twice though and the game reinitialized the controls or something, it said so in the message logs. otherwise I have to quit the game because I have no control except for being able to push escape to go to the menu and moving the mouse. It's really annoying cuz I'm in the middle of an exciting CTF game or soemthing.

Noose
February 11, 2006, 9:56 pm
Well, that's queer. o_O I usually get an access violation when I frag too many bots at the same time, like that time I jacked the Barrett's damage up to 165000 and speed to 700...

Anyways, I was thinking this was caused by all the blood particles being rendered or some such technical BS, because that's the only time I ever get that prompt. And then I'd have to hold down enter to friggin' confirm it until it goes away. It's all random too; I could have it pop up at any time, and the amount of time I have to hold Enter also seems to be random.