( search forums )
Soldat Desktop Buddies
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swarmer
February 1, 2006, 5:29 am
Do you guys remember from like 6 years ago the desktop buddies that a lot of people liked? Like Neko the cat, and all those random people and animals? They would chase the mouse cursor or hide behind the windows and stuff.

I think it would be awesome if someone made a soldat version. You would have little soldat people on your screen, jumping on top of windows, and shooting at other bots across the screen. You could pick them up and put them anywhere, with your mouse. You could even right click on one and take control of him if you are bored. There would be options to turn off the sound, spawn weapons, spawn bots and props like the flag. Your cursor could deflect bullets, or maybe everyone shoots at your cursor.

This is just something to play around with if you are at work and need a little distraction or something.

I'm pretty sure no one is going to bother doing this becuase it would take a lot of effort, but I just want to bring the idea up because I think it would be cool and very popular.

Deleted User
February 1, 2006, 5:51 am
that would be awesome, if i wasnt a total noob at that kinda stuff then i would try to make that

m00`
February 1, 2006, 5:57 am
yah it would be very nice, you could also give him cool accessories and change the way he looks lololol

Captain Ben
February 1, 2006, 6:10 am
not even that complicated... just a dead soldat that you can throw around the desktop that says fun things like 'wtf! dun clik on me' and 'lols i pwn u'.

gonza
February 1, 2006, 7:47 am
haha lol that would be c00l

Raptor
February 1, 2006, 3:47 pm
Whenever you put the mouse on it, it would move away or shoot the mouse =D

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 3:58 pm
Man, this idea rocks. It would be awesome if you could click and hold at one of the soldiers leg/arm and throw him around with Soldat physics.

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 5:02 pm
Thats a pretty cool idea, would it take up much RAM, if these is a big battle between 2 bots on your screen?

The_Reaper90
February 2, 2006, 5:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by wurstEnemy0013Thats a pretty cool idea, would it take up much RAM, if these is a big battle between 2 bots on your screen?

old computers: probably yes
new computers: bit maybe, if ur doing alot of stuff

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 5:32 pm
Cool i like the idea

Elephant_Hunter
February 2, 2006, 7:28 pm
You can get the source code to Neko the cat from here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4173/neko.html

You'll probably need Microsoft Visual Studio to compile it. I haven't been able to compile with Dev-C++ yet.

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 3:03 am
this idea is freaking awsome....in fact....i would LOVEEEE to have such a thing.....maybe we(the community) could get michal to do it as a bonus thing for registered users or something (yes im regestered :)

GAMEOVER
February 3, 2006, 3:59 am
Ill do it if no one else jumps on it I dont think id use it though.

gonza
February 3, 2006, 4:35 am
nah unreg cos in soem contrys u cant reg >:(

but yeah lol and u should be able to put the mouse on them and they fall over and stuff

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 4:51 am
Listening to this Desktop idea makes me want to make a soldat 'hack' that unregisters your soldat and turns all your colors pink and names you "PLZ RAPE ME IM [CENSORED]"

:D Soldat HaCk 1.3.1 UBBBEEERRRRR HAX AIMBOT, FLYHACKS, EVERYTHING IN ONE BUTTON!!! :D

edit: Yeah, I love the soldat desktop idea...

Then again....

[IMAGE]

Code:
[code]Public Class Form1
Dim Display As Integer = 100

Private Sub CheckBox1_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox1.CheckedChanged
Display = Display + 100
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox2_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox2.CheckedChanged
Display = Display + 100
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox3_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox3.CheckedChanged
Display = Display + 100
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox4_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox4.CheckedChanged
Display = Display + 100
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox5_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox5.CheckedChanged
Display = Display + 100
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
While Display > 0
MsgBox("OMG U HAXXED SOLDAT!!!")
Display = Display - 1
End While
MsgBox("THX FOR HAXXING SOLDAT!!!")
End Sub
End Class[/code]

Simple and efficient. :D

Download:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=U29sZGF0X0hhQ2tfMS4zLjEucmFy

Melba
February 3, 2006, 11:38 am
Awesome jelly!
*downloads*