( search forums )
Ever shoot with a real gun?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Swebonny
February 2, 2006, 7:42 pm
Well yeah have you done it?

I have..An Gun with kinda 3mm bullets... and a rifle with 5.56 :D

(ps. I am going away for 3 days in the mountains for skiinnngg :):):))

Michal
February 2, 2006, 7:43 pm
Nope, I play with my air pistols instead :<

The Geologist
February 2, 2006, 7:48 pm
A few weeks back I went out with my buddies to shoot stuff with a .22 rifle and a .357 handgun. Very fun.

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 8:12 pm

Does this answer your question? :p (not the clothes I shot it in haha)

Ruger M77 (yes the same gun used in soldat) I can tell you from actual experience the one in soldat is way undepowered and kick in realisitic mode is over what is norm ;)

I love target shooting also, I have a .22 with a 7 round clip just for fun that I like to take out and shoot all manner of targets with. My grandpa has alot of different firearms also, and I've tried my hand at some of them. He actualy has a spanish american era krag rifle :D

damnnation
February 2, 2006, 8:32 pm
you filthy basterd, why shoot the harmless deer? =(
ive shot a hunting riffle (don't know what type) and a Glock 17

Zero72
February 2, 2006, 8:42 pm
I dunno what kind of rifle it was, but it damn near knocked me on my ass. =P

Explosives
February 2, 2006, 8:45 pm
I've shot an M16A2 and a hunting rifle of some sorts, I can't remember the designation because I was probably 7 at the time.

FliesLikeABrick
February 2, 2006, 8:46 pm
I've shot a couple different shotguns, a .22 rifle, a ruger 77, a 38 ought rifle, an ak 47.... the list goes on. I had some .. "interesting" friends in high school. We also made some cannons from scratch (500 caliber, 1 inch, and 3 inch)

homemade explosives are also fun.

Keron Cyst
February 2, 2006, 8:58 pm
Erm, I fired a BB gun once...

.Twelve
February 2, 2006, 9:14 pm
I'm gonna take a class soon where I get some sort of license and then I'll try out a shooting range =D.

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 9:28 pm
i shot a revolver that the pilots during WW2 carried 0_0

does the m16a2 have alot of recoil and some people in the americas army forums say that the m82 has barely no recoil, its just really heavy

Maxx
February 2, 2006, 10:01 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by damnnationyou filthy basterd, why shoot the harmless deer? =(
You filthy little emo, I ought to slap you.

Anyway, I've shot a 12-gauge, .22, some semi-auto gun, and a BLOWGUN WHICH RULES I LOVE IT. And yes, a blowgun is a real gun.

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 11:35 pm
i would rather shoot a person then a deer, unless i was hungry.....

?
February 2, 2006, 11:45 pm
I shot a few rifles a pistol or two, I even had my own bow when I was a kid, and I have killed a deer, I don't hunt anymore cause I can't wake up early enough

Raptor
February 3, 2006, 12:06 am
All my life. My grandpa and I go hunting almost every time, he's really good at it!

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 12:11 am
shot some plastic soldiers with my air gun.

MWTBDLTR
February 3, 2006, 1:19 am
Yea you guys wana shoot some guns come with me up to my dads.
22 rifle, bolt action, im super accurate with it even tho it has iron sites
22 Rifle, 2x 25 shots banna clips pre-ban, super fun having that much ammo in one clip
22 Rifle here at my house, use for possile cyotes
22 Pistol
9mm pistol, we have an extended clip but it pops out, angers me
380 pistol
38 Special that always on his bed
12 Gauge 8 Shot pump action shotgun, it the barrle was 1/2 in inch shorter it would be illegal. My Dad is 6' 5" and he loaded a deep slug for fun, moved him back a little and left a 3 ft crater in thr ground, very cool
20 Gauge 3shot clip bolt action shotgun, yes believe it

My dads house is fun :-)

Maka
February 3, 2006, 2:10 am
Mmmm. Blowgun.

One of my friend's mom fired a shotgun before she was ten.

Maxx
February 3, 2006, 3:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?I shot a few rifles a pistol or two, I even had my own bow when I was a kid, and I have killed a deer, I don't hunt anymore cause I can't wake up early enough
Oh yeah, i've shot a bow too.

reckon
February 3, 2006, 4:02 am
I should get my pal Wes on this thread, his post would never end.

FliesLikeABrick
February 3, 2006, 7:02 am
its really easy to make your own very good blowgun out of
1) the back of an pencil (the metal thing and eraser)
2) a couple 1" square pieces of cloth
3) a straight pin
4) a 3 foot piece of copper pipe.

if anyone's interested in details i'll let you know. the blowgun is very accurate at 50' and can be improved depending on the construction of your projectiles and lung capacity. the projectiles end up with the straight pin sticking out the front, so they stick into most anything you shoot it at

Melba
February 3, 2006, 11:59 am
I'm taking the hunters license next month :)

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 2:44 pm
I've shot a 22. rifle with a 10 round clip, a hunting rifle of the same caliber, and several different types of pistols. I usually mess with my air pistol though, New Jersey's got some strict gun rules.

Ok
February 3, 2006, 3:02 pm
omg...
Where I come from you don't shoot guns unless you're a soldier or an officer.
And since every Israeli eventualy becomes one of those for a period time or for life we all "shoot guns"
But its kinda of freaky to me that the average american kid shot more guns than my friend who was serving as a combat officer for 5 years.

I can only say I'm glad I didn't grow up wheere you guys did ;)

My list is very short: M-16

damnnation
February 3, 2006, 3:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Maxx Quote:Originally posted by damnnationyou filthy basterd, why shoot the harmless deer? =(

Anyway, I've shot a 12-gauge, .22, some semi-auto gun, and a BLOWGUN WHICH RULES I LOVE IT. And yes, a blowgun is a real gun.

spank me hard! Ive been a bad boy!

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 4:46 pm
i've shot with:

babygun:p
12'gauge
doublebarreled shotgun
AG3
Ak74
Scout
slingshot
and hyperblaster.

Soulsnipa
February 3, 2006, 4:52 pm
I think Ville can give my answer ;)

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 7:11 pm
Not yet, but probably in July. I did help out to booth for the NRA during the gun club a few months ago :o

lastpatriot
February 3, 2006, 9:24 pm
I've shot:

A .22 Bolt Action, and a .38 Revolver. Both at a shooting range.

Maxx
February 3, 2006, 9:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by damnnation Quote:Originally posted by Maxx Quote:Originally posted by damnnationyou filthy basterd, why shoot the harmless deer? =(

spank me hard! Ive been a bad boy!
EAT CRAP AND DIEEEEE

I have also shot BB guns, and a slingshot. Muahahaha, i'm still on topic.

a-4-year-old
February 4, 2006, 12:44 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM

Does this answer your question? :p (not the clothes I shot it in haha)

Ruger M77 (yes the same gun used in soldat) I can tell you from actual experience the one in soldat is way undepowered and kick in realisitic mode is over what is norm ;)

I love target shooting also, I have a .22 with a 7 round clip just for fun that I like to take out and shoot all manner of targets with. My grandpa has alot of different firearms also, and I've tried my hand at some of them. He actualy has a spanish american era krag rifle :D

BAMBIE NO!!!!!!!!

Captain Ben
February 4, 2006, 1:34 am
.22 and those shotguns that you shoot clay pidgeons with...

peemonkey
February 4, 2006, 1:51 am
I'm covered in guns. I personally have 6, but have shot way too many to be able to count. I'm a gun freak.
"those shotguns that you shoot clay pidgeons with..."? Be more specific, I shoot clays, and it's a 12, but alot of people think a 12 is too much and use a 20, what kind was it?

Pero
February 4, 2006, 8:26 pm
yeah i shot a glock once

Captain Ben
February 5, 2006, 4:35 am
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI'm covered in guns. I personally have 6, but have shot way too many to be able to count. I'm a gun freak.
"those shotguns that you shoot clay pidgeons with..."? Be more specific, I shoot clays, and it's a 12, but alot of people think a 12 is too much and use a 20, what kind was it?

I can't remember... It only had one barrel and it knocked me onto my arse when i shot it. Although the barrel was really wide, roughly the diameter was about the size of a double barrel.

Let's just hope 10% of that made sense.

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 5:31 am
I make air-compression spudguns.

a-4-year-old
February 5, 2006, 9:21 pm
paintball gun.

AerialAssault
February 6, 2006, 3:03 am
a SIG P226, M4A1 and an M16A2 at a rifle range. the M16A2 on burst fire had almost no recoil, i loved it. the M4A1 had no recoil on single shot, i didnt get to fire at full auto. I got to hold an AK47, i didnt shoot it though. But it was like almost twice as heavy as the M4A1.

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 3:43 am
i've shot a black revolver(.45)
my cousins glock(8mm)
my dads rifle (.22)
and i own a:
mark2 frag grenade
.50cal bullet
60mm shell

paramud
February 6, 2006, 4:25 am
I've been invited to twice, and I've wussed out both times.
I do want to shoot one, though.
Prefferably a silenced one, Sensitive ears =/.

The Geologist
February 6, 2006, 4:47 am
They make really good earplugs for that. I had a similar concern. There are these earplugs you can mash up and then insert into your ears, so they expand in place for a good fit..works wonders. We fired off a .357 (loud for me :p) and it was quiet with the plugs in.

Swarmer
February 6, 2006, 8:48 am
Some rifles and shotguns. I have a pretty good pellet gun too.

Also, I once shot a combat knife. No recoil.

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 4:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by paramudI've been invited to twice, and I've wussed out both times.
I do want to shoot one, though.
Prefferably a silenced one, Sensitive ears =/.

You dont need sensative ears to use earplugs. I actualy threw on some headphones that i had on the top of my head when I shot my deer (rugers are loud :p). And I always wear ear protection when target shooting (unless its my .22 :p). So don't feel silly if you're the only one who's wearing ear protection while shooting.

Maxx
February 6, 2006, 10:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dI make air-compression spudguns.
Bah, how could I forget meh spudgun.

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 12:19 am
I feel like putting you all to shame with a nice little picture of my gun cabinet.

nfsjunkie91
February 7, 2006, 2:50 am
In boy scouts, when i was like 10, my parents had to sign a form so i oculd fire a very small calibe rifle, and i did, so i guess that counts. :P

EDIT: BB gun, and a tipmann 98 paintball gun :P and bionic hand/wurstenemy0013, id like to see that picture. XP

deejii
February 7, 2006, 3:55 am
RK-62

n00bface
February 7, 2006, 4:04 am
my grandfather is a county attorney and has been for like the past 40 years. so whenever a criminal is convinced and guns are confiscated, he gets to keep them. i've shot a few of them before. he has a story for each gun, and i got to shoot one that was used in a robbery!

peemonkey
February 7, 2006, 5:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI'm covered in guns. I personally have 6, but have shot way too many to be able to count. I'm a gun freak.

I can't remember... It only had one barrel and it knocked me onto my arse when i shot it. Although the barrel was really wide, roughly the diameter was about the size of a double barrel.

Must've been a 12 gauge as they're the most popular, but could well have been a 10. It knocked you on your ass? what are you, 90lbs?

Rambo_6
February 7, 2006, 5:51 am
Maybe it was a bazooka.

Captain Ben
February 7, 2006, 11:52 am
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkey Quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI'm covered in guns. I personally have 6, but have shot way too many to be able to count. I'm a gun freak.

Must've been a 12 gauge as they're the most popular, but could well have been a 10. It knocked you on your ass? what are you, 90lbs?

I did a little research (aka. calling the club), and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. Yes, it was a 12 gauge and it knocked me onto my arse the first time I had a go with it because I wasn't holding it right or was in a very stable stance. It also smashed me in the crotch when I fell on my arse.
[IMAGE]

BTW: I'm 70kgs... Double it and you have pounds :D

AerialAssault
February 7, 2006, 12:24 pm
poor...poor captain ben.

Borus
February 7, 2006, 2:15 pm
I have a 5.56 Rifle too, and .50 pistol, don't use them much though...

peemonkey
February 7, 2006, 5:04 pm
what guns are they then.

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 6:12 pm
you fired a ladder?

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 8:42 pm
pretty powerful ladder indeed

Captain Ben
February 8, 2006, 6:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Psychoyou fired a ladder?

Guns are for pussies.

peemonkey
February 8, 2006, 6:20 am
Indeed, but rifles pistols shotguns and carbines are for men :D (this is my rifle this is my gun!)

Captain Ben
February 8, 2006, 6:24 am
Peemonkey, what do you think of turret revolvers and gyrojets?
I probably should post a link, but meh.

peemonkey
February 8, 2006, 6:42 am
what the hell are you talking about?

Captain Ben
February 8, 2006, 7:54 am
Shizznit... I can't find a gyrojet link, but I have a picture of a turret revolver :D
[IMAGE]
Sexy and stylish.
A gyrojet was a gun designed and made in the sixties that was radically different to what had been seen before... good concept, bad delivery.
It could shoot rocket propelled bullets which ignited 1/100th of a second once it left the barrel, making it completely useless at close ranges of 5-7metres. It was also a self silencer with each shot sounding like a busted tire hissing. Good and all, but it misfired constantly and was also wildly inaccurate if you weren't using it in prime conditions.
I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

Michal
February 8, 2006, 10:28 pm
Gyrojet was just added to world.guns.ru
[URL]
Interesting idea, but I don't think it's practical for small arms...

Swebonny
February 9, 2006, 6:03 am
I want to shot a M79...an ak Ofcourse

peemonkey
February 9, 2006, 6:10 am
Both those concepts looks like they should stay concepts, they're just too....I dunno. Just not practical.

Captain Ben
February 9, 2006, 12:31 pm
They're both real guns.

peemonkey
February 9, 2006, 5:14 pm
Point being?

karmazon
February 9, 2006, 9:56 pm
peemonkey never shot any guns, he's fake

Jello
February 10, 2006, 12:04 am
Nope, but my friend always wanted to make one out of a clothes hanger, a bullet and a hammer. I forget how. He never did, and I think he's given up.

Hanayo
February 10, 2006, 12:53 am
G3, G36 assault rifle (kinda the german copy of the austrian steyr), MG3 (machine gun), MP2 (mashine pistol) and the P1 (pistol) and even the Panzerfaust 3 (rocket launcher).
but that was some years ago :d

imo machine guns are most fun ;d and i sucked at shooting at night, that really sucks ;d

paramud
February 10, 2006, 2:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Hanayoeven the Panzerfaust 3 (rocket launcher).
I doubt you've fired a panzer.
Unless you're like an ex-army recruit, then maybe.

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 2:31 am
Panzerfaust means tank fist in german genius.

Do you mean you're fired MachineGewehr 34 Hanayo? or somthing else

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 7:30 am
I fired a vidya game gun ;(

Zegovia
February 10, 2006, 12:05 pm
Ive fired with a 30.06 rifle and a 12guage shotgun, target practise of course...

Swebonny
February 10, 2006, 2:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Meep.I fired a vidya game gun ;(

Yaaayy :D

GAMEOVER
February 10, 2006, 4:06 pm
Ive shot a lot of rifles starting as a kid my familly is all pretty much big supporters of the NRA so the male side of my fam are all gun nuts. Ive shot a lot of guns rangeing from handguns, semi-auto rifles, and even a few autos including the tec-9, excluding the AK.

peemonkey
February 10, 2006, 7:16 pm
I don't like the NRA, they're anti-democrat to a fault. Not that I'm a democrat, but the whole organization comes off as a bunch of hick [CENSORED]s with the way the act :(
Was the dc9 full auto or "california legal semi-auto"?

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 9:47 pm
I helped in the NRA booth at the gun show and, well they were different. They were nice, just not my type of people.

You know, nerds. :D

Swebonny
February 10, 2006, 10:43 pm
I was 12 when i shoot thoose guns back in China..

Hanayo
February 11, 2006, 4:07 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by paramud Quote:Originally posted by Hanayoeven the Panzerfaust 3 (rocket launcher).
I doubt you've fired a panzer.
Unless you're like an ex-army recruit, then maybe.

We were shooting at old russian tanks with rockets made for training (no explosive head ;d ). And yes ive been in the army for less than a year. But its not common to be able to use so many weaps in the military service ;d.

Quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMDo you mean you're fired MachineGewehr 34 Hanayo? or somthing else

I think MG3 is a new less powerful version of the MG34 (and yea MG stands for Maschinengewehr). But im no expert, really. It was fun using them in the training and shooting at practice targets, but thats it :p

And i forgot grenades ;d (training grenades, less powerful, but still dangerous)

peemonkey
February 11, 2006, 4:50 pm
I'm going to a gun show in vallejo today :D

peemonkey
February 11, 2006, 10:18 pm
Back, damn that was fun. Sooo many guns. Bought myself a Ka-bar TDI, 200 rounds of polish 7.62x54r, some mosin stipper clips, and got the numbers of a bunch of people from the area. Someone wants to buy my [CENSORED]ty K98 or trade it :)

Swebonny
February 13, 2006, 5:13 pm
Wow how much did that cost?S

Edit: Specialt the kabar knife :D Soo beutifullyy....

peemonkey
February 13, 2006, 9:39 pm
the knife cost me $20, the ammo was $3.00 for 20 rounds (polish surplus) and stripper clips were $1.00 each because they're made from steel :P

Swebonny
February 14, 2006, 6:28 am
Rich man ^^

Brillmongo
February 14, 2006, 3:39 pm
Well, I used to be a part of the local marksman's association, so I've fired quite a few weapons.

I've got nothing special to say about it other than real guns make a [CENSORED]load of noice and the recoil is way more than what you see in teh movies.

Swebonny
February 14, 2006, 7:39 pm
Yeah thats really true!

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 7:46 pm
that totaly depends on which gun you shoot.

aprilninety
February 17, 2006, 1:30 am
do BB guns count? it was really scary when i shot it! I'm not cut out for the army.

peemonkey
February 17, 2006, 2:15 am
jesus you must be a pussy :P BB guns dont count.
by the by, there seemed to be 12 to 13 gun shots this evening about a block away, and moving away pretty fast. gotsta love that [CENSORED] :)

Swebonny
February 17, 2006, 6:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HHHthat totaly depends on which gun you shoot.

Yeah ofcourse :)

Barret Light 50 With one arm...

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 8:07 pm
You crazy lunatics...

Drink Bloody Water
February 17, 2006, 11:56 pm
Ive shotten a Baretta PZX, Deagles, and a M28A1

peemonkey
February 18, 2006, 12:37 am
New Word: Shotten

DmenX3
June 3, 2006, 4:55 pm
My dad was in the USSR Soviet Militia and he took me to a weapons dump when i was 10...it was crazy i got to fire some really awesome rifles, and have since become obsessed with them....i bet money that before im 20 ill have my hands on a Dragunov SVD and a VSS Vintorez....(maybe throw in an AK-107....Hmmmm -__-)