( search forums )
Particle Effects
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mike323
February 2, 2006, 11:46 pm
Wouldn't it be cool if soldat had better particle effects? Like smoke from guns and grenades would add up in enclosed areas to make it slightly foggy. Also, dirt, liquids (water, blood) could be thrown up. In an explosion, say 200 individual pixels of dirt would fly around, and attach themselves to anything (another soldat, polies, scenery edges). Also blood would follow the same type of rules-it could attach to a soldat which would look awesome!

Water may be too tough for now...

echo
February 3, 2006, 12:53 pm
Yummy... Sounds laggy. Anyway, I prefer better map quality than new explosion effects.
Soldat Polyworks can do wonders. However you really need a lot of time and imagination to learn and create awesome cenaries. I would love to see the default maps improved by the use of this program. It got some "fake" 3D effects that can be added without ruining the game.

Check this out: http://smaps.llsc.us/polyworks/screenshots.html

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 6:31 pm
Wow, did you see those little lights? I dont know how that guy did those, but i have seen many 3D levels, those maps were awsome though, HeHe

CrazyEye
February 6, 2006, 10:29 pm
The lights are sceneries.

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 12:49 am
I like what you said, whod make it more prettier and cooler. =D
I would wait a long time if no micheal would do it. -_-;

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 12:26 am
This would make soldat players that have slow computers mad. x__x

Yuth
February 8, 2006, 12:55 am
Nice ideas *Thumb Up*
Though I don't think he'll make this happen before 2008.

nfsjunkie91
February 8, 2006, 8:06 pm
well, maybe advanced graphics options, so that people with slow compys can still run soldat :>
also, you don't have to use it in teh netcode, it should be strictly client side, so that you dont have lags spike every time a nade explodes.
Oh, and by the way, in reference to smoking guns, if you look carefully, the LAW smokes after fired.

mike323
February 9, 2006, 1:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91well, maybe advanced graphics options
I like. Could be set in the server.ini

Aegis
February 9, 2006, 1:42 am
There are already particle effects in Soldat (Jets and the /piss command I think, not sure what else would be considered a particle system since they all use bmps..) You can see that if you look in the setup =P. It's just a matter of adding more. How they would have to be solely client side, because the ping in soldat is bad as it is :o
 Quote:From config.exe on performance tab:

Particles on screen:
Maximum(Default)
Less
Even Less