( search forums )
Ohh geez here i go all nooby again (help)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 3:35 am
I've read the topics, I've tested the theories, but I cannot get the freakin mods to work. i know that is is a FAQ but I cannot figure this out. I downloaded the barretm82 sniper mod and I have no idea on how to install it. I made the bunch folder and all that but it just doesn't work. Is there any kind of mod installer i can download to make this a kajjillion times easier? (kajjillion... haha!) But seriously this is making me frustrated. please help.

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 8:10 am
I doubt it. Just copy it over the existing Baret in weapons.ini.

Keron Cyst
February 3, 2006, 6:58 pm
First off.

There are two ways. You can make a shortcut and run that every time you temporarily want to play with the modded weapon (Soldat\Mods), or you can permanently replace your old Barret with the new one in your actual game. Which one are you trying out?

Maka
February 3, 2006, 7:59 pm
1. Make a folder in Soldat\Mods. Call it "s3xybarret". Spaces can't be used in soldat mod titles.
2. Copy the folders that came with the mod (Probably Weapons-gfx, Interface-gfx, and maybe Sounds) into the new folder. So, to find the new ingame barret facing right, go to
"Soldat\Mods\s3xybarret\Weapons-gfx\barret2.bmp".
If the mod comes with a custom weapons.ini, copy that into the s3xybarret folder. (Not in a subfolder, just the s3xybarret folder itself)
3. Open notepad.
4. In notepad, type the following:
soldat.exe -mod s3xybarret
5. Press Ctrl-S.
6. In the "Save as Type:" thing, put "All Files".
7. As the file name, put "sexxaybarret.bat".
8. Save in the main \Soldat\ folder.
9. Close notepad, and start "Soldat\sexxaybarret.bat".
10. Dance while Soldat loads.
11. Test ze mod.
12. If it worked, DANCE AGAIN!
13. If not, see if you did everything I said right. If the problem persists, (yay I sound like Microsoft!) see if anyone else has a way.

I hope this helps.

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 9:42 pm
Tnx guys appreciate it.