( search forums )
Server; stuck at "Requesting Game..."
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Keron Cyst
February 3, 2006, 5:51 am
I have read the sticky and Coq Rouge personally helped me sort out my random crap.

I have two custom ports on my trusty D-Link router (forgot #s and too lazy to look), a TCP and a UDP, specifically open to 23073 and 23083 (he said one was for connecting and the other was for downloading stuff).

Connections to my server are very sporadic. Sometimes they work with Never Forward Clients and the Windows Firewall on and off. Other times no one can get through no matter what. Sometimes third-party map files can be downloaded, sometimes they can't. oO'

Almost everyone who I tested my server-hosting with said that the port changed to some random # (so far, either in 30000s or 40000s) and some had to change it back to 23073 to connect, and even then some attempts have phailed (so badly it has to be spelled starting with "ph," not "f").

Distribution of third-party maps are the only reason I want to host. Help me out here (n00bface, that means you :-P)! Thanks in adv.

FliesLikeABrick
February 3, 2006, 6:58 am
I'm not sure why you posted this thread twice, but I'm locking this one since the other one seems to be more recent with your edit.