( search forums )
New Secondaries / Close Combat Advancement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Yuth
February 3, 2006, 2:22 pm
Knife and Chainsaw are the only close combat weapons, and fists.
I really think close combat needs more advancement.

The close combat is important to the gameplay.
Please don't underestimate my Topics, they are for good causes only.

What do you guys think ?

Post all your suggestions for close combat advancement, please.
And please don't post arguments about how this would suck, cause it won't.

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 5:30 pm
99% of the time chainsawing or stabbing don't work (outside public servers), so I really don't see the point.

Flying_Dutchman
February 3, 2006, 5:46 pm
Eh, I think if people have suggestions, they'll start a topic themselves. ;)
Also I think close combat is good the way it is. It's a shooter game after all. And the punch-with-your-gun when you're close to the enemy is enough improvement in my oppinion.

Antifate
February 4, 2006, 1:39 am
Chainsaw = must be made easier/more powerful. Longer reach, faster firing rate, and possibly a "No noise" upgrade. Seriously. You are at Ark's RS Knife and Saw. You hear someone's jet, you hide behind something. They come by, you switch to your saw and *shwing* you are dead. When the chainsaw is equipped, a HUGE engine sound is heard, basically sending a message to everyone "Hey I'm using the worst weapon in the game, kill me please!"

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 5:14 am
You're complaining about the range? I take it you never used it in 1.2.1 where the players had to be overlapping one another for it to kill.

dragontamer
February 4, 2006, 6:03 am
 Quote:Originally posted by NozYou're complaining about the range? I take it you never used it in 1.2.1 where the players had to be overlapping one another for it to kill.

Chainsaw has improved yes, but it still needs more range.

Comparing the stock-market crash of today to the great depression really doesn't help your argument.

Similarly, comparing something bad to something worse doesn't help your argument.

Yuth
February 4, 2006, 6:48 pm
I was thinking, implement a katana in the Secondary menu...
Katana would give good advancement to the close combat.

This katana would work like knife, only it would be longer.
When you click fire, the sword would swing outwards at where the cursor is.

When you click it would swing outwards, but you'd have to aim while holding the button down.
So say, it would swing the direction you move your cursor while holding the button down.

Or stab if you double click, when you hit on a stab it would slice through and get stuck.
But you can still yank it out of the Soldat while it's stuck.

What do you guys think ?

CrazyKid980
February 4, 2006, 8:14 pm
How about a big range of different pistols instead of just the USSCOM? Like, the revolver? (Original Idea from Zegovia)
 Quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaI would gladly like to see a Revolver in soldat, I suggest a Freedom Arms 454 casull!!! four shots with power that surpases 44mag....

Desert Eagle(Notice! not Eagles!), silencer-equiped one for those realistic matches, heck, maybe a lazer-equiped one, and any other pistols that could fit into Soldat.

Yuth
February 4, 2006, 9:12 pm
I think we have enough guns as it is.

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 9:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dragontamer Quote:Originally posted by NozYou're complaining about the range? I take it you never used it in 1.2.1 where the players had to be overlapping one another for it to kill.

Chainsaw has improved yes, but it still needs more range.

Comparing the stock-market crash of today to the great depression really doesn't help your argument.

Similarly, comparing something bad to something worse doesn't help your argument.

Chainsaw can already kill without touching, isn't that enough? Also your 'stock market crash' crap is pretty stupid and a pretty bad analogy. Maybe if I had compared the range of the chainsaw to the range of the knife stab it would make some sense.

CrazyKid980
February 4, 2006, 9:17 pm
You can never have enough guns.

Yuth
February 4, 2006, 9:23 pm
I think secondaries should be like knife and chainsaw...
And not guns, cause Primary are all guns.

I use chainsaw as Secondary, and slice people when I got the chance.
If there was a sword, it would add a tad more fun to close combat.

Btw, the chainsaw is alright.

CrazyKid980
February 4, 2006, 10:02 pm
Secondaries are just a weak little renforcement just incase you run outta ammo, it can be a gun if it wants to be. I agree that the sword would be cool, but making every secondary a close-combat weapon isn't a good idea.

TaiQuin
February 4, 2006, 10:04 pm
no not a goo idea but moree close combat would be nice.

numgun
February 4, 2006, 11:42 pm
id like a sword in soldat:
-longer than knife
-can stop bullets (press fire before the bullet hits u.
-no throwing

TaiQuin
February 4, 2006, 11:46 pm
nive idea for sowrd but instead make them crouch to block bullets but after like 5sec or blocking the sword would turn red and it would br dropped

a-4-year-old
February 5, 2006, 1:04 am
NO MORE WEAPONS

CrazyEye
February 5, 2006, 4:52 am
I want ninja stars, and/or a golden gun :p

Yuth
February 5, 2006, 1:38 pm
Katana and Ninja stars would be a nice improvement... xD
Really.

I don't know about the sword being able to protect yourself from bullets though.
Ya, it would be cool, but then it should be for every weapon.

Hit a button to protect yourself with the weapon.
Though if it has too much speed you would lose some HP.

Also I would like to say, in the "Player" on the Soldat menu.
It's possible to choose your Secondary before joining a game.

I would like to have the Primary there as well, what do you think ?