( search forums )
Quality maps voting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
February 4, 2006, 8:36 pm
Ok, so here's the deal: every once in a while I'll set up a poll about the newer maps, and the first few get moved to quality maps. Fair enough?

First rounds contestants:

Terrorinfant's IsleSiegeDemonic's [url="http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=31373">Lybia

~ Only one gets moved to quality maps, and if you whine enough, maybe another one. Few contestants, few winners. ~

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 8:55 pm
two of your own maps? now, that's not fair:p

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 9:11 pm
Lybia because I waypointed it!

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 9:15 pm
so that's why the bots were acting like sheep?..

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 10:22 pm
i voted :D
IsleSiege
very nice map

Raptor
February 4, 2006, 11:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HHHso that's why the bots were acting like sheep?..
I agree, they didn't work for me either xD

DeMonIc
February 4, 2006, 11:38 pm
Forgot to update the .zip download, but I fixed that now, redownload for aznbl00d's waypointed pleasure.

I think Pagan Charade > Lybia though.

OutofOrder
February 4, 2006, 11:52 pm
What if someone wanted to vote more than one? And there should be a "None of them" option, imho.

Edit: sorry about the striked question, hadn't read the last part of your post, Demonics

DeMonIc
February 4, 2006, 11:55 pm
Rainrider posted his topic when I was writing this one: so I couldn't notice it. Naturally I'll include it next time.

Don't be a pussy, make up your mind :) And a 'None of them' option is senseless, the Quality maps database needs to grow.

Pulp
February 4, 2006, 11:56 pm
Hard to compare maps for a different gamestyle with each other... Islesiege and Pagan Charade have the best overall-scores in the combination of visuals and gameplay, i think, so Belgium's 12 points go to ...

OutofOrder
February 5, 2006, 12:03 am
Demonics: dude, i hadn't even tested rainrider's map xD Would be lying to myself in that post, hence the edit
A "None of them" option is reasonable: 200 mappers may not vote because they don't like them, yet 20 could vote for one of them, 15 for another, 18 for another... i don't know how many votes would earn a "quality" status, but you should take abstainments into account.

By the way, and i don't know if this happens to anyone else, when someone links to a "http://soldatforums.com/..." link from a "http://www.soldatforums.com/..." location, my browser (Mozilla FF) tends to ignore the current cookies, therefore believing i'm logged out (and also not having access to the link, if it's in the New Maps forum :P). I'm talking about the thread links in your first post. Thanks!

DeMonIc
February 6, 2006, 3:24 pm
I give myself credit that I have chosen the 'better' maps from this period. I'll be locking this vote on Wednesday, 8th.

Also, the bug you mentioned: weird, I did experience something like that before, but not in this particular manner. Try turning auto log in on.

viggoloniggolo
February 6, 2006, 3:36 pm
ok, Lybia looks nice on the overview, but the style is too boring and too open, the sun is too far away so it looks like a foggy mountain-cliff thing.

mineral havoc is a map, with a lot of scenery problems as Demonic mentioned and it shouldn't even be on the votes. Its too cramped in some ares aswell and you used only 2 colours for creating ground, when I use 4.

Islesiege is a map that I frankly will never like, because I've seen such stuff a million-gazillion times and that will not do. It doesnt even look far-cryish to me and the towers and the cannon should have been burnt down before they were created+ youre a pig for posting 2 of your own maps so i'm not voting 4 u.

Pagan sharade also has hell-loadsa minuses, but I will vote for you because you used my scenery in the map (although I never tried it and hope never will judging by screenshot-overview)

OutofOrder
February 6, 2006, 9:36 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by viggoloniggolomineral havoc is a map, with a lot of scenery problems as Demonic mentioned and it shouldn't even be on the votes. Its too cramped in some ares aswell and you used only 2 colours for creating ground, when I use 4.
Actually, it's only a single colour, with different brightness levels. xD
And i agree, that map shouldn't be considered for the quality maps forum.

In the quote, i highlighted those personal nouns just to increase the amusingness of viggo's comment (considering i had never referred to him before in this thread).

Keron Cyst
February 6, 2006, 11:29 pm
I haven't played any of those four but I vote for inf_Lybia because of the lighting effects. I still agree with rainrider and think the sun should be lower, tho'.

headstone
February 6, 2006, 11:58 pm
Oh crap, I just posted a map in Quality Maps... I thought if it was good enough the post would be approved. Should I just repost it in here?

Anyways, I vote IsleSeige.

TeRRoRinFANt
February 7, 2006, 8:02 am
Well, the race is tight, real tight. Anyway, I've voted Lybia.

DeMonIc
February 8, 2006, 3:16 pm
Vote locked, Pagan Charade gets moved to Quality maps. All heil Terrorinfant :)

New vote on Friday.