( search forums )
Server Issues/Linux
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 11:55 pm
Today I began my quest to start a linux server, now bear with me since I am not amazing at linux, however I DLed the files and then uploaded them to my server, using the soldat.ini I had set up. When I proceeded to try and run my server however one error kept occuring,

Exception EConvertError in module soldatserver at 08053CAE. ' ' is not a valid integer value.

What caught me off gaurd was the '08053CAE' since that sounds more like a memory reference to me, but I thought id post and see if anyone knows how to get around this or if it is a problem with my host rather then with the software,

Thank you,
-Rimer-

FliesLikeABrick
February 5, 2006, 6:29 am
Before this gets any brainpower, is this the only error you're getting?

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 8:20 am
Sounds like a line feed problem, does the server load when you use the default INI?

Trying using the 'vim' or the 'edit' bash command to edit your Soldat.ini file rather than uploading from your comp.. And what distro are you using?

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 8:54 am
1.) Yes, this is the only error

2.) Later today I am going to reupload fresh files and then i'll take your suggestion of editing the file manually. The distro is the one off the downloads page for linux. The one the other user hosts lists as a pre-req that you have the basic server running. Maybe all my problem is is that I need a fresh upload, Thank you for responding though. :D

-Rimer-

Deleted User
February 8, 2006, 5:40 am
Ok, so I have figured out my first error, but now of course error two springs up to laugh and taunts me. I can successfully connect to the admin panel of soldatserver. However when I try to play the game out of the soldat client it just sits on 'requesting game'

Any solutions as to why it will let me log into admin but not the actual game? Thank you!

-Rimer-