( search forums )
the cooler "team issues" topic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 12:19 am
The non-cool "team issues" topic starter suggested that the out numbered team gets to be stronger to even things out.

This idea is that there won't be a set number bots in the game, but there will be an infinite number of "reserve" bots. This means that the bots come in to even out the teams.

example:
Let's say blue has 5 members, and red has 3. Then, two bots will appear on the red team.

I realize that human players are generally better than bots,but no one really complains when there are noobies on their team and the teams are balanced in number. Maybe the bots should be made to be more skilled (really good accuracy maybe) to encourage people on the larger team to change teams (they'll get their arse kicked by the bot team)

Raptor
February 5, 2006, 12:35 am
It doesn't matter if even bots are invisible. Their movement depend in the system of waypoints in the map. Imagine a doing this in a map without waypoints, the bots would just sit there.

a-4-year-old
February 5, 2006, 12:59 am
still a better idea.

easier to do than the other one

Antifate
February 5, 2006, 2:08 am
Still wouldn' help. What's the point of getting a bot, when you're facing m79ers? Easier to implement, yes, but more fair? No.

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 3:32 pm
Antifate, at the very least, a bot can be cannon fodder, allowing you to kill the M79er. But bots certaily have the potential to be very powerful (dodging bullets, perfect accuracy, extended vision...)

I didn't think of that, Raptor. Thats a pretty good point. I guess bots and waypoints need to be more intelligent.

For example, maybe bots would loosely follow teammates on a map without waypoints.

Or waypoints would be automatically generated based on which paths people take most often.

Or bots can learn to camp at appropriately sized colliders or bushes (mapmakers usually put them at ideal camping spots).

I wonder if this idea calls for a separate topic. Anyone is welcome to start a discussion on it if they think so.

a-4-year-old
February 5, 2006, 5:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoescannon fodder

HURAY FOR MAGIC TEH GATHERING!!!!

anyway: atleast bots will be little meat shields while you can concentrate on typing "TEAMS F***ERS!!!"

Antifate
February 6, 2006, 12:16 am
So basically, they are a shield, okay, but seriously, you vs a bot, you win. "Dur", you vs, a bot and a person... The odds aren't exactly tipped very far against your favor...

Besides... what you're saying doesn't make sense...

They will be "cannon fodder". However... you also said that they would FOLLOW players, i.e., BE BEHIND THEM! So how will they be a "meat-sheild" for you? You, are the meatshield for them.

CrazyEye
February 6, 2006, 3:17 am
 Quote:HURAY FOR MAGIC TEH GATHERING!!!!
Ahh the good ol days...my friend still plays, hes got an impossible to beat combo...other player doesnt get turns, and you get unlimited mana :D

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 5:44 pm
Obviously, the bot and person would kill you assuming the person is ultra-super-megaely awesome. Especially if the bot is one of the machine gun wielding bots and you're trying to kill them with a M79.

If you're playing in a high level clan match i'll give it to you- the bots are pretty pathetic. But then, being outnumbered isn't usually a problem in clan matches are they?

Maybe you can be cannon fodder for the bot

Antifate
February 7, 2006, 12:30 am
Okay, you + a bot vs. me. If I win/tie, you close this topic. Kk?

Kyklis
February 18, 2006, 12:08 am
Antifate you idiot. Just because you beat him dosen't prove anything. The bot sitll helped a TINY bit, or alot.

Yuth
February 19, 2006, 5:39 am
Personally I don't like this suggestion...
I hate bots, they never do mistakes.

They are programs, they can't do anything wrong.
And if most people search for servers Without bots, how would they find them ?

Also, a human player can be better than any bot.
Because a human player can change his aim, a bot can't.
Even if it has 1 in accuracy, it can't change aim.
Humans can dodge every shot a bot shoots (Except machine guns).

The bot system should be more advanced before this gets implemented.
Also, if you search for "no bots" those bots shouldn't count on the server.

How to make the bots more advanced ?

-If player is in aimed position 60º aim 70º in movement speed 10 pixel/s.

It would shoot in one spot before the soldier gets there, which makes it invincible.
And then if you add less accuracy it wouldn't be that great at hitting.

Quote:Originally posted by shoes

For example, maybe bots would loosely follow teammates on a map without waypoints.

And ya, you should be able to make waypoints by walking in the map.
Like an option in the Start Game Setup Screen.
If you add a bot it would choose random waypoints made by players.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 11:40 pm
So you're saying that bots should be smart enough anticipate your movement and lead their shots.

And yes, I am so awesome that i can dodge any bot's barret, ruger, d eagle, m79, or spas shot too*
*read with sarcastic tone

a-4-year-old
February 27, 2006, 1:58 am
im sure you are*
*read with sarcastic tone
if the bots go do their own thing with onehundred accuracy and a barret and super smart and awsome and stuff, atleast they could take a major who decided to switch teams because they where loosing.