( search forums )
ctf_Dare ~ Reversed ctf
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
February 5, 2006, 12:22 pm
ctf_Dare

Alright, so my next few projects are going to be reversed ctf maps. This gamemode is awesome fun, but there aren't many maps for it, so the layouts are experimental: we'll see which works best. This map is pretty small, like a miniature ctf_marage, with a bullet blocker column in the middle. Features low jets, hybrid texture ( thank you Rainrider for STS ), SK lights and a tunnel.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

~> Download <~

vash763
February 5, 2006, 12:38 pm
The lighting looks great.
I think the bottom tunnel could be taller.
The center piece is a bit jaggy.

John O
February 5, 2006, 10:06 pm
cool. good lighting and scenery, very mare like. i suggest moving the spawn points...
dling.

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 12:07 am
I'll waypoint it. It'll be fun to see how bots play reversed ctf.

The Geologist
February 6, 2006, 1:16 am
I love your mapping style :D

Very simply, but fun. I like how the lower route gets small towards the middle, that really helps with gameplay and running with the flag. Any servers online running this? I'd like to play it with more than bots..

headstone
February 6, 2006, 2:07 am
Someone should start a reverse ctf server. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this map is that there's no really obvious place to stash the flag carrier, he always has to be alert.

IlIdan
February 6, 2006, 3:10 pm
W0h0000

a CellShaded column in the middle ;)

Pero
February 6, 2006, 5:37 pm
Yeah i thought of reverse ctf a long time ago but my mapping "skills" suck so i didnt realise it :P

Raptor
February 6, 2006, 6:16 pm
Wow it is a prettu nice map, although pretty small. I like it! Specially the special effects xD

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 6:51 pm
Very nice map, simple nice shaded.

But the middle up pillar is horrible :(

DeMonIc
February 6, 2006, 6:53 pm
To be honest, I really didn't have any better ideas for a bullet blocker, so the pillar fitted the best. Besides, the flag carrier can hide there, to sit out a rush, adds to the gameplay value.

grand_diablo
February 6, 2006, 9:34 pm
mmh, I dont like reversed ctf too much. The map itself looks nice, but its concept lacks originality (imo it looks a bit like you cut out the middle of marage and recolored it :P )

Cant tell much about the gameplay tho, I simply dont like reversed ctf but I do hope the map is fun for those who do ;)

OutofOrder
February 6, 2006, 9:52 pm
What about a scenery in front of those bullet-blocking polys? You'd have lots of possibilities, from columns to armoured-type walls. Even some bizarre-looking effect could be enough.