( search forums )
Ctf_vig_SeaSlide (interloper)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
viggoloniggolo
February 5, 2006, 1:08 pm
ctf__vig_SeaSlide
by ViGGoLoNiGGoLo
Description: 6-10 players, teentsy map that I made. Its about the loox 8-). I dunno about gameplay, if you like bloodbaths, You will like this.
The action takes place on a sea with dolphins. Enjoy!. For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/ctf_vig_seaslide.PNG.png

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here.

Any further comments? Click Here.

Map post automated by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

Comment: I dont think its a great success, but it sure packs a punch as a slidy bloodbath map, Oh, it uses the sliding bug too btw.

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 1:10 pm
well.. i don't see anything but a gigantic lagmagnet of a scenery..

viggoloniggolo
February 5, 2006, 1:28 pm
no lag.

The Geologist
February 5, 2006, 1:39 pm
'eh..nothing special. The effects are purely visual and the layout is lacking. Also, did you intend to put in the edge for that texture? Because there are little black lines all over the place.

In short, you've made better.

Edit: Edge problems a result of something else, nm. After testing it out in game, I didn't like 1) the background (too large, not linked smoothly - edges stick out a lit) and 2) the icey polys everywhere. I'll just stick with my original opinion and say you've made better.

viggoloniggolo
February 5, 2006, 1:41 pm
there shouldn't be any edges, because clearly in the .zip folder it said, here is the texture, no edges required.

SERIAL KILLeR
February 5, 2006, 1:42 pm
looks nice... dunno about the gameplay.
You should save/kept those huge sceneries as jpg files.

viggoloniggolo
February 5, 2006, 2:52 pm
mapmaker doesnt open jpg

DeMonIc
February 5, 2006, 2:57 pm
Polyworks does.

As for the map: what had to be said has already been said. Layout is poor, and it's nicer to make the map aesthetic by using both polygon shading and sceneries instead of placing some huge pictures.

Norris Scott
February 5, 2006, 9:46 pm
vig: when you do scenerys, start using polyworks, man. It works with PNGs, so you can have nice lighting effects too and have less space then a BMP, as that's what's lagging the slower computers.

Raptor
February 6, 2006, 6:17 pm
It looks like a picture. Nice, but polygons are also cool =)

Vijchtidoodah
February 6, 2006, 7:26 pm
Viggoloniggolo, I don't enjoy waiting to download 500kb pictures, could you please lower the quality somewhat?

Norris Scott
February 6, 2006, 8:46 pm
Vig: After playing, I have a few comments:

Gameplay is pretty static... it's fun for awhile, but gets old fast. The mountain you have to climb to get to the flag really looks bad while the Soldats are climbing it-- very shoddy work there, and some of the image transitions you made for the background aren't that smooth (Example: at the red base, I can see a small vertical black line cut through the two background images)

For visual, it's abysmal simply due to how you had it made. Just looks really shoddy. For gameplay, it's fun for the first minute or so, but after that it really gets old.

You've definitely made better