( search forums )
have more than one life in survival mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
thekingkitty
February 5, 2006, 2:54 pm
Instead of just sticking to one life when survival mode is on, maybe you can have like 2 lives or 3 or 4 or 5 lives?? I think its just an option Soldat should have (hey they have advance mode!).

FliesLikeABrick
February 5, 2006, 5:42 pm
this seems counter-intuitive since the whole point of survival mode is that you have only 1 one life

CrazyKid980
February 5, 2006, 8:49 pm
I think adding lives is alirght, as an option that is. Would be cool

CrazyEye
February 5, 2006, 9:18 pm
That takes the "survival" element right out of survival though....

CrazyKid980
February 5, 2006, 9:20 pm
No, it doesn't. It's to see how long can you keep all your lifes. It's survival no matter what you put it.

Raptor
February 5, 2006, 9:20 pm
Survival = do anything possible not to get killed.
That's why it won't work.

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 9:28 pm
No plox : / I play it a lot and this would defeat the purpose of it.

CrazyKid980
February 5, 2006, 9:34 pm
Its just lifes, you die, 2 left, die again, 1 left, die again, your out. Survival still takes place, but you just get another chance, like another soldier comes in and takes your place, whats so unlogical about that? besides, it's an option! you still can have one life.

Echo_Trail
February 5, 2006, 10:02 pm
My first impression: Great!
Second thoughts: During R/S, whenever i die just at th start of a round i have a hard time not strangulating myself. I mean, the time it takes waiting for ppl to kill eachother is a pain. Losing all your lifes, and some still have 3 left or so, would be intollerable. Therefor i vote No! Sry mate

Deleted User
February 5, 2006, 10:06 pm
Err...This does not make sense, unless there were healing weapons in soldat, in which case someone could revive you, but that wouldn't be soldat, would it?

John O
February 5, 2006, 10:15 pm
well of course its not exactly like survival mode. thats why its an option for more lives. you can take a DM game and make the kill count 2000, and im sure it wont play very similar to a match to 15.

i vote yes. sure, its not "survival mode" as we have come to know it, but limited amount of lives does force you to make each life count. its probably not so good for ctf as it is for DM wiht r/s.

Deleted User
February 8, 2006, 3:02 am
Actually,I play R/S only and have for at least a year,and I think there should be a server option of how many respawns you get before your gone.