Can I Become A Mod?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Evolution
March 8, 2003, 7:26 am
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
I was just wondering:
can i become a mod?
i go on to the forum everyday and
and i am in the top posters(i post alot)
i go on everyday and i waana become amod!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

(moved - DNA.styx)

Deleted User
March 8, 2003, 7:40 am
Why in the [:-censored]ing hell you wanna become a moderator?

m1nt ch3w
March 8, 2003, 9:31 am
so he can hijack the forum [:P]

SoldatStriker
March 8, 2003, 9:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Master Dark Blade
Why in the [:-censored]ing hell you wanna become a moderator?

Read his post again. It says in his post why he'd like to become a moderator. Moderators help forum members like you by explaining and editing posts, all out of the kindness of their heart.

As a moderator, you get to:

1. Change and edit posts at your discretion!
2. Log into to the special "moderators only" section of the forum!
3. Fight the neverending war against Soldat cheaters for justice!
4. Wear a really cool moderator's hat! (Optional)
5. You get discounts at the moderator's juice bar!
6. All of your flag captures, weapons, and grenade purchases become eligible for a tax deduction!*
7. Hassle illicyx and other negative commentators till the point they whine, cry, and throw tantrums!**
8. Flag re-embursement if your flag ever becomes lost or stolen!
9. A snazzy "Soldat Moderator" title!
10. Ten pounds of beans!***

And more!

*(Bravo Team only. Yeah, that's right. You Alpha Team turkeys can step down.)
**(Actually, as a moderator, you do not get this privelege. If you take that comment seriously, then you are a goose, or alternatively, an ignorant goose with a loose caboose.[;)])
****(Part of the 401k plan. Restrictions may apply.)

If you're still interested, please contact Mr. DNA.Styx.

Outcast
March 8, 2003, 9:50 am
mmm...you get contacted to become a mod.....

DNA.styx
March 8, 2003, 10:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Evolution

and i am in the top posters(i post alot)

Making lots of posts gets youself marked as a star hunter in alot of cases.

I look at the quality of posts made rather than the quanity before suggesting new mods to the rest of the team.

illicyx
March 8, 2003, 11:45 am
I wouldn't make him a mod just because he asked.

SuperKill
March 8, 2003, 1:01 pm
this thread = funny

Outcast
March 8, 2003, 1:35 pm
for you everything is funny....you aate....whoops....eat somethn strange everyday?

SuperKill
March 8, 2003, 2:50 pm
i ate something called - iwbash
which means: I Wont Be A Star Hunter [:)]

SoldatStriker
March 8, 2003, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by illicyx
I wouldn't make him a mod just because he asked.

[hassle]illicyx[/hassle]

liquidis x snake
March 8, 2003, 10:39 pm
Honestly, Evolution, being a Moderator is more than just posting a lot and going on forums everyday. I go on the forums everyday, but I am far from a Star Hunter. I've seen alot of your posts, Evolution, and you post the same thing 3-4 times per thread. You also bring up dead topics that well... are dead. If you are serious about moderating, learn to put some quality info, questions, and/or comments into your posts. I don't have anything against you, but it just seems you aren't fit for a moderator yet. You've been on the forums for like... what, a month? Yet you already are posting everywhere. Star Hunter? Maybe. Moderatoresque? No. Well, anyway, I hope you learn from this.

Lol funny thing, I thought this topic was by SuperKill or something demanding to be a SoldatMod (having guns and Soldats modeled after himself)... *shudder*

ada89
March 8, 2003, 10:46 pm
This forum need a type on each topic i think.
Something like 'funny' 'informative' 'surprise' and stuff that moderator need to rate on each topic everyday so he will not wanna be moderator....and BTW did u get money for having more star..lol..why there were star hunter....[:-smile_green][:-smile_green][:-smile_green]

liquidis x snake
March 8, 2003, 10:52 pm
What in the hell did you just say, ada? I couldn't understand anything. Please refrain from speaking Freakanese, and please use English -=P

ada89
March 8, 2003, 11:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
What in the hell did you just say, ada? I couldn't understand anything. Please refrain from speaking Freakanese, and please use English -=P

k..lol

ráz0r
March 8, 2003, 11:47 pm
He can't help it, he's scottish like me, i think.

liquidis x snake
March 9, 2003, 12:29 am
lol okay. sorry -=P well, i can still barely make it out haha.

N1nj@
March 9, 2003, 1:50 am
if Evolution gets to be mod...i think i should be one too...i been in the soldat community way longer than him or many other ones...I from High to SoldatMaster to what now N1nj@....and i been contributed to this forum and soldat and my clan a LOT...and i will continue my efforts and contribution to this soldat community...

liquidis x snake
March 9, 2003, 2:25 am
Yeah, Ninj@ might deserve some Moderator Ranks. Hes been here quite a while and seems to have alot of effort. Of course, thats only if he wants to be one

illicyx
March 9, 2003, 2:33 am
I don't think 'Ninj@' should be a moderator, nor 'Evolution'. I don't think either of them are qualified for the responsibility.

liquidis x snake
March 9, 2003, 2:38 am
Well then, illcyx. I ask you this: Who do you think qualifies for Moderator status on the Forums. (Whose not already one). Personally, who do you think deserves to be?

enjoyincubus
March 9, 2003, 2:49 am
Everyone who holds a moderator position is a good choice already.

This is my home page, and my pc is my home world, so I am on a lot (at least 7 times a day...). But I don't really want to be a mod, because I have been a mod on forums before, and besides the little bag of glory that comes attached with your position, there is not much to be happy about. Logging on every day, looking for bad and out of place posts, doing extra things for other people....why would you want that kind of life? Wait, can I be one? lol j/k.

Shadow

N1nj@
March 9, 2003, 3:15 pm
illicyx: how come you think me nor Evolution should deserved it

liquidis x snake
March 9, 2003, 3:47 pm
I can see his point for Evolution, but you, Ninj@, totally deserve it.

Outcast
March 9, 2003, 4:17 pm
Ummmm, i think even talking who deserves it is out of the question since it's not your choice. Styx chooses every moderator.

liquidis x snake
March 9, 2003, 4:50 pm
But see, mentioning who you think deserves it can further help Styx with his decision. oOooOOo ;D

Outcast
March 9, 2003, 5:21 pm
Sure it will :)

N1nj@
March 9, 2003, 5:39 pm
Actually outcast is right, since is DNA.styx choice...we cant make him choose what we want, he pick his own choice.

sanity
March 9, 2003, 6:06 pm
This topic is like op begging except forum style. [:P]

N1nj@ you cannot become a mod for a simple fact you are an idiot. illicyx may be a bit harsh sometimes but at least his posts make sense and are sometimes constructive criticism... 99% of the time your posts make no sense at all and you sound like a [:-censored]ing 2 year old. yes i think you deserve to be a mod... of the pikachu molesters forum.

quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Actually outcast is right, since is DNA.styx choice...we cant make him choose what we want, he pick his own choice.

Woah man I just thought of something really smart, lets make a post saying since its styx's choice, he will pick his own choice... now that post would be moderator material.

DNA.styx
March 9, 2003, 6:44 pm
point of issue: I don't select Mods names are suggested by myself and other mods, if the majority are happy with the suggested person we (normally me) offers them the position.

Xorax
March 9, 2003, 10:17 pm
Yep, I decided I be best mod ever.. I would delete all posts ever made and then we have a nice and clean forum.

(This is a star hunting post) :P

SoldatStriker
March 9, 2003, 11:23 pm
I'm a mod. And it's really is a dream job if that's what your looking for. I all read all posts, and reply to most. That, and I get to the manage the clans section of the forum, which I'm all about.

One thing's for sure, it's not about wanting to be a mod or deciding to be a mod as much as acting like one. Since I've joined this forum I've been acting like a moderator, answering common questions for the peoples and contributing my honest, personal opinion to matters. So naturally, converting to moderator was a very smooth transition for me. I don't write as many posts as every else does, but I do make sure that if I do post I try to cover all points so that I don't have to post more than once. I figure that one well thought out, clearly written post is better than posting several random impulsive posts. That, and if I could trade all my stars in for a forum where everyone respected each other's opinions, and kept their criticism constructive, I would. However, since I can't, I can always do the next best thing: Moderate for the peoples, and be translator for lashing tongues. And that's something I don't need super moderator forum powers to do.

sanity
March 10, 2003, 2:38 am
Striker: do you want a medal? you sound like your running for president... and im sure alot of people other than yourself give their own opinion and answer common questions, isnt that the point of this forum? so maybe we all are 'moderator material'.

SoldatStriker
March 10, 2003, 8:41 am
quote:Originally posted by sanity
Striker: do you want a medal? you sound like your running for president... and im sure alot of people other than yourself give their own opinion and answer common questions, isnt that the point of this forum? so maybe we all are 'moderator material'.

Spare me the deductive logic. Yes, a lot of people do give their own opinion and answer common questions. But, you have to keep in mind that what makes a difference is how they go about it. I try not to prejudge anyone before reading their posts, and when I feel that I should contribute, I do. If you think that how I'm doing things now merrits some review, then be my guest and explain. If you think how I've done things in the past merits some review, then I think you deserve a medal for remembering. If you think you know what this forum's about, then I think that's fine, but to me it's a forum for Soldat and Soldat players, so I don't see how trivial squabbles between forum members would contribute to Soldat in any way. If you find this to be an outlet for your daily dishumor then I suggest you seek one elsewere. And it's better to sound like you're running for president then sound like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

N1nj@
March 10, 2003, 4:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by sanity
This topic is like op begging except forum style. [:P]

N1nj@ you cannot become a mod for a simple fact you are an idiot. illicyx may be a bit harsh sometimes but at least his posts make sense and are sometimes constructive criticism... 99% of the time your posts make no sense at all and you sound like a [:-censored]ing 2 year old. yes i think you deserve to be a mod... of the pikachu molesters forum.

Woah man I just thought of something really smart, lets make a post saying since its styx's choice, he will pick his own choice... now that post would be moderator material.

how am i an idiot sanity, and all my posts are constructive you bitch...take a look in the help forum ffs

SuperKill
March 10, 2003, 5:01 pm
off topic: hahaha you censor the word [:-censored] (sh1t) and u leave bitch alone [:-psst] <- LOL !!! THIS IS A FUNNY LOOKING SMILEY
hm.
ok to topic:
someone said it before, your op begging only forum style...which is stupid.
if u ask (and please dont flame me) u all dont deserve to be moderators, why ?
because u think that if u been here along time or posted many posts you definetly deserve to be a MOD..
well yea, some of you did some stuff to help others, btw not too much, 80% of the "helpers" are saying - "hmm i dont know, maybe your using xp? YEA THATS PROLLY IT !" and some cases turning topics to a completley diffrent thing example - [URL] - damnit noone helped except of this devilman...and look at his posts, 18 !
i think people like him deserve to be mods.

N1nj@
March 10, 2003, 5:42 pm
I do help...and not begging for mod...just want to prove that i DO help...http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=44

sanity
March 10, 2003, 11:51 pm
lol Striker dont get your knickers in a twist.

N1nj@: is that post the 1%? lol

*agrees with SuperKill*

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 2:01 am
no is not sanity...why dont you stop being a retard

sanity
March 11, 2003, 2:19 am
maybe you should take your own advice => [URL]

illicyx
March 11, 2003, 2:30 am
Okay, [:-censored]ing drop this. It's going no where.

sanity
March 11, 2003, 2:46 am
yes ma'm! [:P]

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 3:33 am
i agree with illicyx...

sanity: lets just be friends? okay? and stop flaming each other

enjoyincubus
March 11, 2003, 3:50 am
SoldatStriker:

I like what you wrote earlier about how you acted like a mod. It is a great example for all the newer people who have joined the forums. Unfortunately, there are people like Sanity, who TRY to start fights over basic things. Ninga, try to ignore him. He wants attention, and you have given him what he wants. Lets all try a little harder to get along.

Sanity, you may be a higher rank than me, but I can tell you that there are more people that respect me over you, simply because of the stupid posts you continue to make.

Shadow

Btw I am not trying to flame anyone, I was just hopefully showing you what an idiot you have been in this topic. Good day to you all....

sanity
March 11, 2003, 6:20 am
quote: ... simply because of the stupid posts you continue to make.
... Btw I am not trying to flame anyone ... showing you what an idiot you have been in this topic ...

yes I can see how you arent trying to flame anyone, except me that is... by flaming me tho arent you just as bad as I am (and being a hypocrit)? and as far as respect goes, (even tho i dont know where u got ur statistics from) i say tell someone who cares, people can think whatever they want about me here.

also i have a few friends from this forum who are highly respected, why would they be my friend if im such an idiot? anywayz its not like i dont contribute to the forum community. sure i admit sometimes certain posts which i make that i find amusing may not be quite as amusing to others (thats just my wierd sense of humour), but if all my posts were like that id be banned by now wouldnt i?

btw n1nj@ dont worry ill stop flaming u now mate, someone i respect the opinion of told me u were an idiot and from first impressions (in the post i linked to) it seemed like you were. but now i have seen a few comments and topics by you lately that make me think you aint so bad, even tho sometimes you make no sense whatsoever lol. [:P]

Daz
March 11, 2003, 1:20 pm
Hahaha this is excellent.
Begging for an unpaid job where the common user will always be against you and get pissed off when you delete their posts.
Ninja or whatever being called an idiot and then trying to prove otherwise by calling Sanity a retard.
Best thread ever, great job whoever started it..i dunno who it was i didn't take much notice of the begging part.

liquidis x snake
March 11, 2003, 2:17 pm
Here, I'll offer you a proposal. Should any of you continue to argue on this thread after me, I shall DISCONTINUE The Adventures of Soldat (dun dun dun). And nobody wants that, do they?

Lol just kidding, I'm not that cruel. But if you want you can flame on me if you feel like you need to unleash some anger. Heh. Don't worry I won't take it personally.

N1nj@
March 11, 2003, 4:29 pm
quote:...also i have a few friends from this forum who are highly respected, why would they be my friend if im such an idiot?...please, sanity, name us some of your highly respected friends in this forum

quote:btw n1nj@ dont worry ill stop flaming u now mate, someone i respect the opinion of told me u were an idiot and from first impressions (in the post i linked to) it seemed like you were. but now i have seen a few comments and topics by you lately that make me think you aint so bad, even tho sometimes you make no sense whatsoever lol.haha, you mkae me laugh sanity...and after i saw all your posts you posted lately, even tho some of them make sesnse and some of them dont, i still think you are an idiot.

see i would have stopped it if you didnt say the last paragraph in your post, but hey, you choose what you want

sanity
March 12, 2003, 8:22 am
um... im not going to list who all my friends are ok? coz that would be kind of lame, so that means ull just have to take my word for it. also i wasnt showing off saying "i have big popular friends" and stuff i was just using it as an example.

also the last paragraph was meant to be a friendly joke saying even tho i dont like some of ur comments (and u dont like some of mine) we can still be friends... but you must have read it wrong somehow, so it seems you really are an idiot. [:(]

newayz this is my last post in this stupid topic. may it burn in hell... [:P]

N1nj@
March 12, 2003, 3:30 pm
haha...last post eh, i bet you will post again sooner or later...:evil:

illicyx
March 12, 2003, 3:37 pm
liquidis, that was...lame. It looks as though you already have anyways. People don't thrive off your "comics".

N1nj@
March 12, 2003, 5:01 pm
I do...his comics rocks man...

NightCabbage
March 13, 2003, 11:47 pm
Are we all having fun children? :)

NightCabbage

Evolution
March 14, 2003, 4:33 am
ok screw this topic.
i dont wanna become a mod....
(well.... sort of... [:)])
you people (like sanity)
have funnie opinions!

illicyx
March 14, 2003, 7:20 am
Flame wars happen a bit too often on this board...who would agree?

DNA.styx
March 14, 2003, 10:01 am
thread closed.