( search forums )
back pack (new gosteks part)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
numgun
February 6, 2006, 2:40 pm
A back pack:
where does the soldier put his barret when he wants to use his socom? tucks it into back of his shirt? thats why soldats need backpacks (u can choose whether u have a back pack or no.)

this idea is for sake of modding.
its only a new gosteks-gfx part. thats all.

-capes
-wings
-backpacks (duh)
-anything else u wanted to put behind ur soldat

Yuth
February 6, 2006, 3:05 pm
Back pack...
Well, if it could come in colors as well as the shirt and pants.

Yeah, why not, it's not very logical just throwing your weapons on your back.
Also, the knife and soccom should be somewhere at the pants.

Or...

I have a better idea, why not make it optional where you carry your weapons on the Soldat ?!

Yeah! ^^

numgun
February 7, 2006, 10:43 pm
thats what i mean, the backpack is optional like the headgear (u can either choose a hat,helmet or none)

bond_james_bond
February 7, 2006, 11:59 pm
No cape and no wings... wtf?

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 12:38 am
 Quote:Originally posted by numgunthats what i mean, the backpack is optional like the headgear (u can either choose a hat,helmet or none)
In that case, I agree with this idea. Sound cool =)

bolhy
February 8, 2006, 5:51 am
Yep sounds really cool.. would be funny as hell if you'd be flyin round with wings xD..and then they'd fall off lol

a-4-year-old
February 8, 2006, 8:49 pm
i wanna get shot in the back in style.
support

Michal
February 8, 2006, 10:49 pm
I like this idea. Backpacks would make the gosteks look more soldierly, instead of just random guys with guns :P

TaiQuin
February 9, 2006, 12:25 am

I argee it would look more realstic

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 6:10 am
that would be great with custom gosteks online, everyone with angel wings and stuff, man thats sweet

Alamo
February 9, 2006, 7:20 pm
that's not really needed... plus, a backpack would just be annoying when having to move fast... poor soldats would have to carry even more weight. plus, he just puts the other gun on his back with a shoulder strap :)

Yuth
February 9, 2006, 8:39 pm
Ya, but the backpack would be optional like hair, headgear, chain...
I really think you should be able to decide where you have your weapons on the Soldat as well.

Like socom on the knee, infront/behind gostek image.
Knife on the leg, infront/behind gostek image.

And all other weapons.

EmperorofChoas
February 9, 2006, 9:21 pm
have you been stealin my ideas.......no really i could have sworen i posted this somewhere....i've even found a way for this to happen...i'll be releasin it in my new Space Marine Gostek....(i gave it a power pack & and a radio)

numgun
February 9, 2006, 9:39 pm
no idea dude... this idea just popped into my head. : /

to Alamo: this wouldnt effect gameplay at all.its ment for modding and u can disable it if u really want.
its just a bunch of pixel u could stuff behind ur soldat. (u cant do any wings or capes for ur soldat now)

EmperorofChoas
February 10, 2006, 1:12 pm
sorry i misunderstood you...you want a pack that you can interact with...well what i have it's just for looks (well it's a weapon).....and i was just kiddin about the idea....it's that i had the idea for a while i just never post it....so yea it's your idea...and its a good one

Deleted User
February 11, 2006, 2:09 pm
I like this idea.

But when the soldat prone...no hidin in low grass :((((

numgun
February 11, 2006, 5:14 pm
just disable it then, if ya want hiding in low grass ; )

Keron Cyst
February 11, 2006, 8:23 pm
Soldaten use straps. That's how weapons stay pointed up on their backs. And the Knife and pistols (D'Eagles & SOCOM) go into holsters/pockets :-D But I like the idea still.

BTW, @numgun and your response to Dairy: if the backpack would be made, the graphic would apply to the next version of Soldat and everyone else would see your backpack graphic sticking out above grass regardless of whether you edit the raw .BMP out or not.

numgun
February 11, 2006, 9:10 pm
FFS!!!1 the backpack is opitional!!!1 GODDAMIT!!1 read the post FFS!
U CAN DISABLE THE [CENSORED]ING BACKPACK IN THE ''PLAYERS'' MENU IN THE SAME WAY AS THE HEADGEAR!! (HELMET, HAT OR NONE!!!1) UNDERSTAND?!

i hope u can see that text above keron >:/

EmperorofChoas
February 12, 2006, 4:55 am
woooooooossssaaaaaaaaa.....repeat after me wooosaaa...it'll be ok numnum......Take a deep breath and think about what you've done........now do u feel better about yourself????.......If not Bash you head "*HERE*" 10 times and tell me if you feel better.....ok...good.....LMAO.....

peemonkey
February 12, 2006, 5:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Yuth[b]
Yeah, why not, it's not very logical just throwing your weapons on your back.

Um, I think it'd be more logical to sling them over onto your back then putting them in a back pack. Seriously, a combat backpack? Makes no sense to me. How the hell would you put:
AK-74
Steyr AUG
Spas 12
Ruger M77
M79
Barrett M82A1
M249
Minigun
Chainsaw
M72 LAW

...into a backpack? It just seems too awkward or foolish of a thing to have if you're out and about killin' folk.

Deleted User
February 12, 2006, 5:15 am
Well when you guys dont read what he's saying i cant realy blame him. Though calm down numgum :p

I support this idea 100%, being a modder i realise the huge potentials it creates and It would not effect gameplay at all. I think soldat needs to put alot more focus on soldier custamization. I think people want more than just to be able to change their colors and headgear, it's all kind of bland. So my vote is a big yes. If this does get put through i would like to see the backpack.bmp out further in the actual bmp so we could make big shoulder pads or somthing.