( search forums )
ctf_junglepit - omg waypointed and updated
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
headstone
February 7, 2006, 12:36 pm
[IMAGE]

The Description

Yeah, here's another CTF map. It started off as a try at texture-streching a while ago, but I just recently developed it into a full map. I think it would be great for RS and regular games, and maybe 4-6 players. No custom sceneries.

The Screens

- http://xs67.xs.to/pics/06061/junglepit1.jpg
- http://xs67.xs.to/pics/06061/junglepit2.jpg
- http://xs67.xs.to/pics/06061/junglepit3.jpg

The Download

Waypointed Version 2:

- http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=Y3RmX2p1bmdsZXBpdDIuUE1T

NOW WAYPOINTED AND UPDATED CHECK IT OUT

Soulsnipa
February 7, 2006, 1:23 pm
Smoothing...Check
Scenery...............Check
Polygon Placement......Check
Shading....Good but could use some improvement. Try not to just use the same shade...if there is a platform above, make the platform below darker. Otherwise its good.
Gameplay....Might have too many routes, I'm not sure because I dont have soldat anymore. I suggest if its pretty large sized map to make it small..perhaps smaller than voland.

Eagles_Arrows
February 7, 2006, 1:25 pm
I can't see the overview/whatever pic you posted on the topic.

Your attempts to make some scenery cast shadows look awkward, but I like the layout.

People, do not be fooled by the pictures that this is waypointed; it's actually not.

OutofOrder
February 7, 2006, 3:38 pm
Headstone, the link you gave is wrong. The correct one is this one:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=Y3RmX2p1bmdsZXBpdC5QTVM=
m00's uploading tool, although handy, gets confusing when it comes to get the right link :P

I'll try this one out and get back to you.

rainrider
February 7, 2006, 5:46 pm
You could make your own scenery..

headstone
February 7, 2006, 9:45 pm
Umm, why? You could too...

Quote:Smoothing...Check
Scenery...............Check
Polygon Placement......Check
Shading....Good but could use some improvement. Try not to just use the same shade...if there is a platform above, make the platform below darker. Otherwise its good.
Gameplay....Might have too many routes, I'm not sure because I dont have soldat anymore. I suggest if its pretty large sized map to make it small..perhaps smaller than voland

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And right now, I think it's about the size of voland, it's not very big.

And Outoforder, I fixed the link, thanks.

Deleted User
February 8, 2006, 12:42 am
F**K**G AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE GOD!
very nice :D

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 12:46 am
Well.. looks pretty nice. Too shiny, like if the whole map was covered by grass (I like it!) The bgcolor seems pretty dark though. Anyways, nice job!

headstone
February 8, 2006, 1:04 am
 Quote:F**K**G AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE GOD!
very nice :D

Finally, the recognition I deserve. :p

Quote:Too shiny, like if the whole map was covered by grass

Thanks, but I don't really understand what you mean by shiny.

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 1:08 am
You know when you go to a field with short grass, the sun rays make them look shiny.

headstone
February 8, 2006, 6:18 pm
Ok... so I should darken the polies?

viggoloniggolo
February 8, 2006, 6:25 pm
change texture to a little less smoother one that suits a jungla, darken and pick another background.

Raptor
February 9, 2006, 3:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by headstoneOk... so I should darken the polies?
No, the polys are completely allright =) The only thing is that the texture looks very smooth. Anyways, I tried to say that I like that effect!

GAMEOVER
February 9, 2006, 3:52 pm
It doesnt have too many routes, its perfect, take away a route and you might as well go play b2b.

viggoloniggolo
February 9, 2006, 4:19 pm
thats y i dont like b2b, it has 2 routes, but it has a very open field, so thats why I like b2b

OutofOrder
February 9, 2006, 4:27 pm
I'd like to see this map hosted somewhere... gameplay promises a lot. Too bad bots don't get to be a nice test after all.

headstone
February 9, 2006, 9:22 pm
Yeah, thanks gameover. I thought low, mid, high is a fine setup.

Quote:thats y i dont like b2b, it has 2 routes, but it has a very open field, so thats why I like b2b

Uh, what? Do you like it or not? :p

Quote:I'd like to see this map hosted somewhere... gameplay promises a lot. Too bad bots don't get to be a nice test after all.

Thanks, and I've been thinking, I might just bite the bullet and waypoint this thing.

headstone
February 11, 2006, 3:05 am
Ok, I waypointed it (roughly) and made a few corrections.

Keron Cyst
February 11, 2006, 8:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by headstoneUmm, why? You could too...

Yea, rainrider DOES make his own scenery. I personally think the stretched jungletrees could be something better. And what's with all the surface ground being red? :-P In favor of Alpha or something?...

headstone
February 11, 2006, 9:02 pm
I don't understand... Sure rainrider makes his own scenery. What does that have to do with my map?