( search forums )
Warhammer 40k (Tau)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deadeye Rob
February 7, 2006, 5:00 pm
Greetings all! As many of you know, a very brilliant mod based on the nightmare future of Warhammer 40k was recently released. I created and released the 'Warhammer 40k (Imperial Guard) mod' not so long ago, and as promised i have completed work on the new mod in my Warhammer 40k series.

As the title of my post dictates, this mod is based around the weaponry used by the Tau, a technologicaly advanced race from the Warhammer world. Their weapons are a mix of plasma and laser. Bellow i have all the details of the weapons.

Screenshot: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=20758
Download Link: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=20764

Desert Eagles - Fire Caste Pistols
MP5 - Pathfinder Rifle
AK-74 - Shas'la Gaussrifle
Steyr AUG - Pulse Carbine
Spaz Shotgun - Scatter Rifle
Ruger - Precison Rifle
M79 Launcher - Launcher Pod
Barret - Rail Gun
Minimi - Stealth Cannon
Minigun - Burst Cannon

I would like to thank 'Stalky' for inspiring me for the creation of the Warhammer 40k series. Thanks Buddy! ;p

COMMING SOON:
Warhammer 40k (Necrons)
Warhammer 40k (Space Marines)
Warhammer 40k (Orks)

Feel free to post your comments, ideas and interests!
(Be Gentle! This is only my second mod!)

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 5:24 pm
Very very nice.What program do you use?

Deadeye Rob
February 7, 2006, 6:45 pm
To design the weapons? Just my mind, a bit of research and Microsoft Paint! Simple, lol!

EmperorofChoas
February 7, 2006, 9:01 pm
dude you $^#!^&$#&*$%^@&Y^*%#&$^%(*#%&^%*(#^@...... ROCK!!!!!! your good....once again keep up the good work.....ohh yea i said i was goin to get you a good image host "imageshack.us" it's alot!! easier than what your using...

numgun
February 7, 2006, 10:56 pm
i like that color scheme, and the weapons look nice too. D/L!

Deadeye Rob
February 8, 2006, 11:51 am
Ty! Im planning to create the 3rd in my Warhammer series, the necrons! woo!

But i dont know myself, although the tau weapopns fire the same plasma/laser stuff, i thought the sounds were a bit repetetive.

Im particulaly proud of the rail gun! :p

numgun
February 8, 2006, 1:07 pm
man, u make mods so fast... but what about knife,saw,law?
it looks sorta undone without them :/

---link deleted---

GAMEOVER
February 8, 2006, 3:20 pm
Yeah I meant to mention that in the other thread the secondarys need to be finished.

Deadeye Rob
February 8, 2006, 4:22 pm
:D im not too good when it comes to LAWS or chainsaws! soz ppl but ill have a bash at it!

totalcommander
February 8, 2006, 7:28 pm
if you need any kind of background info on sounds, projectiles, armor, and the like feel free to ask

-TC

Deadeye Rob
February 8, 2006, 7:43 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen, i am delighted to notify everybody on this thread that i have released the difficult (but worth it), 26 hr project that is the Necron Weapon mod! Enjoy!

defanatic
February 9, 2006, 9:48 am
Excuse me. Uh. May I use the graphic for the pulse rifle and the lascarbine for my own mod, since I = crap at doing graphics. I'm doing more of a total conversion mod, although no sounds are editted (because I have no sound card).

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 10:15 am
This one is okay. I think the guns need to be a bit more detailed, but pretty good work.

defanatic
February 9, 2006, 11:57 pm
Stalky, can I use your graphic for the las carbine?
Deadeye Rob, can I use your graphic for the pulse carbine?

afly
February 10, 2006, 5:45 am
How do I turn on the mod? I tried making a shortcut with -MOD Warhammer (Tau) just like the folder in my mod folder is spelled. But its not working O_o.

comrade8ken
February 10, 2006, 6:30 am
nicly done man whens the space marine mod coming out?

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 9:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by defanaticStalky, can I use your graphic for the las carbine?

Yes as long as you credit me when you release the mod.

defanatic
February 11, 2006, 11:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by aflyHow do I turn on the mod? I tried making a shortcut with -MOD Warhammer (Tau) just like the folder in my mod folder is spelled. But its not working O_o.

-mod "Warhammer (Tau)"

use the awesome power of the quote!

Deadeye Rob
February 13, 2006, 10:00 am
Yeah sure u can use my weapons but leave me in the credits :p

In answer to the space marine mod, i am desinging and 'brainstorming' about weapon ideas. eventually i will announce its construction on the 'general Discussions' page.

EmperorofChoas
February 14, 2006, 1:04 am
i have some good weapon ideas for your Space marine mod......1.Dual Bolt pistols (from your Imperial mod).....2.Bolter.....3.Lascannon....4.Autocannon.....5.Shotgun (of course)....6.Plasma Cannon.....7.Missile launcher (frag).......8.Snpier Rifle(duh!)......9.Storm Bolter....10.Heavy Bolter or Assault Cannon.......2ndary...|1|Plasma pistol.....|2|knife(duh)......|3|Power fist(chainsaw)...(|4|Orbitial Relay(law)i have already made this weapon and it's &%#$&@&* cool)......and if you know where i can get a side view pic of a thunderhawk gunship.....let me know....

Deadeye Rob
February 14, 2006, 1:45 pm
Good ideas mate, ill see what i can design. thanks again mate

Deadeye Rob
April 5, 2006, 11:35 am
Ladies and Gentelmen! I would like to announce the completion of the long awaited Space Marine mod plus a bonus Gostek created by EmperorOfChoas!

Deleted User
April 5, 2006, 11:57 am
Omg don't write it even here...everyone can see ur new topic.
So STOP REVIEVING AND DAMN USE THE EDIT BUTTON!