( search forums )
inf_Volcanic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raider
February 8, 2006, 1:11 am
Just finished this map, took about two hours.. It is called inf_Volcanic, and is set atop a volcano, on a battlefield.

[IMAGE]

Top route: Lots of sand bags, bunkers, and those X shaped metal cross things (x.bmp, I have no idea what these are even supposed to be, but they fit well in battleground maps). Taking the top route can be pretty damn safe, I think, because at some points you will be almost 100% safe from incoming fire if you are escaping with the flag. It may be very open, but there is a lot on the route to help you out.

Bottom route: The "volcano" portion. This route is pretty empty, but it does have some scenery down there (along with colliders). There are small orange "humps" in the ground that will hurt you if you stay on them, and there are three pits which are supposed to represent hot magma, and falling into these pits will result in your death. Overall though, it is probably the quicker route, although not very safe if you are not being careful.

The large red area off the the right side is supposed to represent lava leaking out the side of the hill (or volcano). Landing on it will, of course, kill you.

Both teams have stationary guns and the mandatory grenade/health pickups at their bases. The red flag is located on a perch in the far right entrance to the volcano route. The blue flag is located on a small cliff on the far left side of the map.

All powerups are in the map. Health is littered all throughout the bottom route for plaeyrs who spend too much time on the lethal polygons.

[URL]

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 1:14 am
I'm actually impressed with this map. I though it could be one of those crappy ones called "Volcano" or something that are just crap. But I think you shaded the middle part a lot.

Norris Scott
February 8, 2006, 2:39 am
Nice looking overview man, and I'd love to try and play it sometime...

So why don't you replace the link that has me download INF_Invasion with the map instead? I think I've already got Invasion :D

Raider
February 8, 2006, 2:47 am
Oh.. Oops, didn't notice that I uploaded Invasion.. Hah.

I'll fix that. :D

Leo
February 8, 2006, 8:10 am
magma1.bmp and magma2.bmp are missing.

viggoloniggolo
February 8, 2006, 9:56 am
I've seen such without the straight undergound deadly volcano thing. Boring. Add 1 more route so it would make gameplay at least til 5/10. Looks okay, I'm sure it is not possible to make it look better, but it is still not too great thow.

OutofOrder
February 8, 2006, 12:18 pm
I like the general layout concept, although i don't think the lower route will ever be used for running away with the flag (i take that the black flag IS at bravo base, right?). Seems way impossible to get safely back and score (considering you'd usually escape out of bravo base with some injuries).
I'm downloading it anyways :)

Raider
February 8, 2006, 1:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Leomagma1.bmp and magma2.bmp are missing.

Fixed.

Sowaka
February 8, 2006, 5:03 pm
Looks like a fun map to play on. Im going to try it out in realistic mode because it just seems like a map that needs to be on realistic, especially with all those colliders that will already prevent most damage from getting to anyone. I hope this map goes on a leo server =P