( search forums )
INF Stealers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
February 8, 2006, 1:22 am
INF_Stealers

Well, this is just a map I made to entertain you all. I didn't add too much detail or perfections since HHH, Keron and I are currently working on something much, much better! =D
I got inspired from (DM) Shau and (INF) Invasion to make the map.
I hope you all enjoy it. And yes, it is waypointed! (But there are quite few errors since my comp is weird and maybe it weirded the waypoints xD)
The map doesn't contain sceneries or a texture that doesn't come in defalut with Soldat 1.3.1 That's why I just zipped the map alone.

Overlook

[IMAGE]

Download

I hope you like this map!

headstone
February 8, 2006, 1:49 am
I like the layout, but the texture...

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 2:11 am
I wanted to change it to wisinia... I like this one though.

Soulsnipa
February 8, 2006, 2:44 am
it seems like your stuck in the past of mapmaker... Shading is just blah. The layout looks good though.

Edit: Sorry if that sounded like an offensive tone. What I meant is... you have white at the top and go to a black gradient to the bottom, yes it is shaded, but you also have a lot of platforms where the top is almost just as bright as the bottom. Shade the bottom of all platforms because sun doesnt hit them. However shade the ones towards the top a little less more.

Deleted User
February 8, 2006, 5:01 am
Nice! i like the map the lay out is awesome...maybe not the texture tho but i'll download it

viggoloniggolo
February 8, 2006, 10:01 am
Abel. No!

I like abel, but it doesnt amuse me.

Deleted User
February 8, 2006, 3:56 pm
great map.. Raptor, you should try multi-textures:D!

Pero
February 8, 2006, 4:27 pm
Me likes, gj very nice layout

Raptor
February 9, 2006, 3:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipait seems like your stuck in the past of mapmaker... Shading is just blah. The layout looks good though.

Edit: Sorry if that sounded like an offensive tone. What I meant is... you have white at the top and go to a black gradient to the bottom, yes it is shaded, but you also have a lot of platforms where the top is almost just as bright as the bottom. Shade the bottom of all platforms because sun doesnt hit them. However shade the ones towards the top a little less more.
Well, I'm not trying to make a piece of art, just a map. But I'll have that in mind next time I make a map. This one is just a crappy thing I made because HHH and I are working on something better.

Brillmongo
February 14, 2006, 12:36 pm
One thing that I noticed is that you haven't stretched the polys, so the texture forms a pattern, looks rather boring.

I don't know if you put more effort into your others maps, but I hope so, a little random stretching is all it takes.

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:28 pm
I didn't put a lot of effort in this map for reasons stated above. It won't happen again xD