( search forums )
[Official Petition]Slower M79 Reload
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
martinmarta
February 8, 2006, 9:27 pm
A slower M79 reload is the way to go. It will fix all the complains about it and it will even itself with the rest of the weapons. A barret's reload time is longer, for god's sake!

Everyone that agrees, sign this.

A Hopefull,
Martin

nfsjunkie91
February 8, 2006, 10:13 pm
A Barrett has 10 shots. An M79 has one.
A Barrett has a scope. An M79 doesn't.
Some Noob got killed while camping with a Barrett. That noob was most likely you.

martinmarta
February 8, 2006, 10:23 pm
Rawr, aggresive, lol.

A Barret has ALOT of time between each of those 10 shots, about the same or more as an M79 takes reloading.
You seem to hate camping... to use Barret scope, you need to camp.
I use the good ol' Ruger and my cute lil' knife.

Apparently this petition won't be much....

The Geologist
February 8, 2006, 10:26 pm
Why not take advantage of the newly created polling function? People like easy, and it would be a lot cleaner than multiple pages of discussion, easier to look for people signing as well.

martinmarta
February 8, 2006, 10:34 pm
Bah just deleating this.

TaiQuin
February 9, 2006, 12:27 am
I have this mod that turns the M79 into a ninja star shooter and i truned the star into the chainsaw it looks so cool [ON TOPIC]NO M79 is good just the way it is i like. OH and jsut do the poll thing

GAMEOVER
February 9, 2006, 1:01 am
FFS wait for the weapon forum to open again and then post but dont whine. State your opinions backed by reasons. Although I do agree with you in general.

mike323
February 9, 2006, 1:09 am
I'm the anti-m79 bi*ch on this forum. I'm annoying and stubborn about the dam.n m79, so I "sign" this petition with passion.

_Mancer_
February 9, 2006, 2:13 am
I sign this petition. Its overpowered.

bolhy
February 9, 2006, 5:45 am
omg no support from me :P i like it the way it is and
what nfs junkie 91 said must be true

lithium
February 9, 2006, 2:29 pm
M79 is fine.

CrazyKid980
February 9, 2006, 2:40 pm
Lets see here...
Power: Very Deadly
Reload: Slow enough
Bullet Speed: Very slow

It's fine the way it is, the speed of the bullet balances it out. You just got to learn to dodge it, It's the slowest bullet in the game!

CrazyEye
February 9, 2006, 3:18 pm
What about adding movement bink to it, limits the airborne m79 kills...

viggoloniggolo
February 9, 2006, 4:18 pm
No, it would be too risky, all weapons should be overbalanced again.

TaiQuin
February 9, 2006, 4:51 pm
M79 is fine jsut the way it is. i change my M79 into a ninja star lanucher. on-topic. I'm not ever gonig to sign this petion. i don't think any1 should.

nfsjunkie91
February 12, 2006, 5:38 am
Im not anti-camper, i was just using what i said as an example. TaiQuin, stop spamming with you fkin m79 star launcher. sorry if i sounded aggressive at first about my stance on these issues MartinMarta, but i think M79 is fine. (even though i don't use it)

Boglizk
February 13, 2006, 4:53 pm
You guys who dont seem to like the m79 cant be really good at Soldat huh?
I find it easy to dodge m79 bullets.

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 5:02 pm
I think Leos realistic fixed the m79 good, they added a startup time, along with the barret. Although even that doesnt matter, because their dead in three shots to their cranium via my M4 (aug)

-Arbalest-
February 14, 2006, 3:36 am
The only way to balance the M79 is to make every other weapon deadly as well. Like in realistic mode, you don't see ALOT of people spamming with m79 there.

Anyway I don't think slower reload would be fair, it would make M79 almost like a knife.

Oh and I think we should make Barret's reload time faster. The start-up time is already an severe punishment

John O
February 14, 2006, 8:33 am
play realistic and come back [CENSORED]ing!....
its fine.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 8:59 am
M79 - needs to be binked and movement accounted. "Speed Weapon"? No.

Maybe it wasn't so noob in 1.2.1 (I don't recall it FLYING ACROSS CTF_KAMPF) because of all the Barret [CENSORED]s, but seriously, 1.3.1 is suckin ass.

1) Barret is much easier to shoot now. Instead of being randomly binked, you "charge" your Barret for a more secure and accurate kill. But trust me, this clearly keeps a lot of people from using it.

2) The only reason m79's don't go to r/s is because clearly, m79 is useless when spamming everywhere doesn't get you kills. m79 SPAM in R/S - Not happening.

3) m79 has only one shot? COME ON!!!!!! It's reload is faster than Barret's cooldown.

edit: 4) What happened to m79 being slow? Stupid buggers.

GAMEOVER
February 14, 2006, 9:36 am
Alright, I hate the m79 just as much as the rest of you its way overused like the barret but I dont agree with the wait on it. I think it needs a WAY longer reload time just as long as the barret or very close to it and more bink. Think about it though everyones saying bink this bink that but semi-autos cause very little if any bink at times, imo autos are the dominant weapons the semi-autos excluding the m79 and barret have gotten worse and worse imo since 1.2.1 but back on topic the m79 is way too easy to use it reloads fast imo and 1 hit kill its overused cus people like things easy.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 10:12 pm
Petition "signed". 1 second longer reload (maybe a bit less) and it will be perfectly fine.

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:24 pm
How's that no one will complain? What about m79 users?

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 11:11 pm
*signs*

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 11:46 pm
*signs*

Pfft, People and the "slow moving shell" I Rarely see people try to do long distance shots, everyone just run REAL close to ya and click -_-. And I know it's a close range weapon, but I mean CLOOOSE! Not mid range, up in yo' face. And they never take damage :(. That ALWAYS kills my plan (When I'm dying, get very close to the m79'er...enough for them to kill themselves, but it always fail, I die and they get away with no damage or very little...)

a-4-year-old
February 15, 2006, 12:09 am
signs

.Twelve
February 15, 2006, 1:33 am
Sign.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 12:52 am
S... s... spammers.

btw, what does that mean?

3rd_account
February 16, 2006, 8:28 am
One of the M79's attractions is it's possibility to kill faster than the barret. But to the cost of it being harder. Don't let us lose this great weapon all because you can't figure out how to beat a mid/close ranged weapon-wielder with a relatively massive 3.1 second fire delay.

If you're gonna fix the M79, the barret needs equally or even more fixing.

paramud
February 16, 2006, 3:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by martinmarta
You seem to hate camping... to use Barret scope, you need to camp.
No you don't.
I've used the barret's scope with quick crouchs before, and then run off to their base.

The Geologist
February 16, 2006, 3:49 pm
This petition will do nothing but give beta testers something to consider if they choose to tweak the weapons balance. Besides, it's not an "official" anything except a few people who like to generalize how everyone else uses a weapon, a few people who don't like the weapon, and even fewer trying to defend the weapon.

Angry, don't speak for all of us...I love long distance shots and refrain from use at close range as much as possible.

Maybe if the creator of this topic hadn't lamed out by his second post I'd have a bit more faith in this cause. Oh, and they have this nifty thing called a poll, so we can get some straight numbers instead of pages and pages of talking about the m79..

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 7:34 pm
First person I've heard/seen doing that since version 1.2.1

Meh.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 8:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by martinmartaA slower M79 reload is the way to go. It will fix all the complains about it and it will even itself with the rest of the weapons. A barret's reload time is longer, for god's sake!

A Hopefull,
Martin

make the m79 underpowered and fastreloading. that'll fix it.

Deleted User
February 19, 2006, 2:07 am
barret reload time is fine.

m79 needs delay or more bink or whatever.

Deleted User
February 22, 2006, 4:07 pm
Its fine now.TRAIN MORE!

Meandor
February 22, 2006, 7:52 pm
What the hell, this is not official and you're just a bunch of whiners. Can't you simply be spraytards like all the others?

Deleted User
February 23, 2006, 9:56 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HHH Quote:Originally posted by martinmartaA slower M79 reload is the way to go. It will fix all the complains about it and it will even itself with the rest of the weapons. A barret's reload time is longer, for god's sake!

A Hopefull,
Martin

make the m79 underpowered and fastreloading. that'll fix it.

m79 nades must "headshot" for 1 hit kills? :D

Boer
February 24, 2006, 7:14 am
To all ye slow soldats :
if you lan soldat(low ping) it is very easy to take out a m79 :
be quick, dont be predictable( after all -> the enemy has to predict your trajectory in order to kill you , right??) if incoming nade then jump/ fly (the m79 is slow remeber , so be on the look out). So folks : the counter to the m79 is not the barret, && especially not the law, but MOBILITY!!

But i have to say : does M79 grenades really travel at +- 3/4 speed of shotgun pellets in real life?
point : the grenades goes too fast in the game.

bja888
February 24, 2006, 11:24 am
I think if a m79 misses is should come back and hit the person who shot it. I could see some noob miss and totally take off in the other direction when the nade turns around.

The Geologist
February 24, 2006, 4:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888I think if a m79 misses is should come back and hit the person who shot it. I could see some noob miss and totally take off in the other direction when the nade turns around.

The m79 is not a boomerang, so...no, that sounds pretty dumb.

February 27, 2006, 12:29 pm
leave it alone. But how many does it take to complete this petition? If it's half:

EVERYONE WHO WANTS THE M79 TO STAY THE SAME, MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS

EmperorofChoas
February 27, 2006, 10:14 pm
Have any of you complainers even fired a REAL m79......i think not....

....let me tell you somethin the stats ingame of the m79 is pretty damn close to the REAL thing as possible.....so stop wineinbout it.......

.....and if you have fire a REAL m79...it feels like you OWN the #^@#&%@& world....doesn't it?!

martinmarta
February 27, 2006, 11:00 pm
Woah, my thread got real.

:)

What inspired me to make this thread, is that I was using a Ruger that I found on the floor. An M79er came around. I dodged his bullet, shot him once, twice, thrice and four times, but he lived (health nearby). He was able to shoot me thrice in the lapse between my first Ruger shot and when the Ruger was charged back.

Deleted User
February 28, 2006, 4:54 am
A WHAT!?

and yes, m79 [CENSORED]s WILL camp health. Have your barret nearby :P

-VzX- Silverflame
February 28, 2006, 5:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by lithiumM79 is fine.

yup i agree with lithium

Meevious
March 6, 2006, 10:40 am
I'm signing, sort of... the M79 is easy to dodge, but not at an inch or so range like I like to use it, the barret does take longer to load than the m79, and it should be the other way round, considering the barret has a super slow big and little reload bar, and the M79 has only a slow big reload bar. I think a slower m79 reload bar would be more fair, but everyone is kind of used to the m79 now, really the way to go is probably take off the annoying barret start up time, and even out the 1 hit KO guns again.