( search forums )
Racing Tournament SOON!!! (HOT)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 3:44 am
I think a few months ago I was telling people about a racing tournament, and requested some maps, for which I got a nice response. I think 4 new maps were made. The racing tournament never happened though because I became inactive. WELL ITS HAPPENING NOW [CENSORED]ES. :). It is scheduled for the 25th of Febraury, hosted by Soldat Events and Sponsored by Fractured Soldat like always. Signups will officially open this saturday or sunday, but theres a few things before I open signups.

If anyone knows or has a racing map not on the list below, please upload it and put the link below. Heres the ones I have in my mappack.
Amazonas, Ashes, greencave, Hole, Junglehell, LostTemple, matra, Squid, Technodrome, Volcania, Voluta.

I Searched and found quickdrop but dont have the download link. IF ANYONE HAS IT PLEASE POST. Thank you.

Once again, if anyone has a map not on that list, please upload it and post the link.

Need 2-3 More racing maps
MAP MAKERS. I need 2-3 more VERY LONG racing maps. This means ~120 seconds to finish. The settings must be followed or else they wont be used. Settings are

1. MUST be 100+ seconds long to finish
2. MUST USE ONLY default scenery
3. MUST USE ONLY default texture
4. MUST have obstacles, this does not mean death polygons, just things which slow you down. Death polygons are allowed also.

I need these maps by this monday, Febrary 13th. Anyone who makes a map will be thanked.

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 3:48 am
ooo :o
i may have a go at this :)

EDIT:i'm* doing quite good*, i think it will turn out nicely* :)

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 4:40 am
AWESOME LET THE RACE BEGIN....can i join?

Soulsnipa
February 9, 2006, 4:54 am
Poop..sorry to interupt but ive had a idea for soldatevents for a long time. If you havent downloaded !jumptest and !slidetest I would suggest doing so. I think it be cool to have competitions to see which player can get the best score using those maps.

viggoloniggolo
February 9, 2006, 9:36 am
I will definately make 1 racing map if you want, since I'm a climb map maker and all...

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 1:21 pm
YAY For racing YAY But no thanks i dont wanna join

Pero
February 9, 2006, 1:58 pm
Hmm ill try but it will probably have good gameplay but it will look like crap

XenocidE
February 9, 2006, 7:06 pm
These have to maps people have never played to make the playing feild more fair. Someone who made the map I hope doesn't participate in racing.

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 7:10 pm
Xenocide, we will just make a couple of warmup rounds on each map before its played... so everyone gets used to it.

sotija.. if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, please dont post.

SoulSnipa, is it possible you can post a link to tthose threads.

Pero, I always have thought that in soldat maps Looks should be the least important thing. If it is fun.. then it will be used, no matter how it looks. Thanks for helping :).

Vigologo, thank you very much.

Edit: I found a new map.. rce_LOL, but im not 100% ill use it, since it has alot of custom scenery... also bump.

Swarmer
February 10, 2006, 1:41 am
Are you allowed to kill people in races? With fists?

Soulsnipa
February 10, 2006, 2:14 am
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30146

look at the second post i made...that is how a compeition could be run.

thekingkitty
February 10, 2006, 7:38 am
uh...sooo when is the tournament???any site or something????

Yukwunhang
February 10, 2006, 1:04 pm
 Quote:is scheduled for the 25th of Febraury
http://www.slibby.net/se/

thekingkitty
February 10, 2006, 2:16 pm
mmmm can't wait to sign up up up!

TaiQuin
February 10, 2006, 6:26 pm
I WANT TO JOIN were do i join

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 10:50 pm
Oh man this sounds sweet. If I can leave that date open then I'll be there.

Edit:I just remembered that I originally intended to make a map for this when it was suggested over at SE, but never did. Sorry X/

TaiQuin
February 10, 2006, 11:02 pm
WHER DO I JOIN

Deleted User
February 11, 2006, 12:29 am
Heylo guys Ive opened the signups.
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=31751

Swazo you can make a map now :D. It would be really appreciated if some people can make some really long maps (100 or more seconds to complete), because right now the longest is around 60 seconds to finish, which is somewhat short.

[EDIT] QUESTION

Do you guys think it will be better if we put friendly fire on, so people can fist eachother? There will be no weapons, just fisting. I thought that might make it more fun :D.

.Twelve
February 11, 2006, 1:09 am
Its difficult to fist while racing. Let alone kill anyone.

Deleted User
February 11, 2006, 2:17 am
I don't think there should be any fisting. In the beginning of the race there's bound to be a lot of people clumped together and just a mad clicking as people fist each-other(ooo kinky orgy). A lot of people would die because of the fist spam and I think it would detract from the fun of the actual "racing."

Unless of course you play on a (WM) server with weak fists. So they'd be more along the lines of love taps then mean hooks.

Raptor
February 11, 2006, 2:30 am
 Quote:Originally posted by .TwelveIts difficult to fist while racing. Let alone kill anyone.
It is supposed to be a race, not a fist fight. I've never been to a race tournament, but I think you're not allowed to kill others..

Spectral
February 11, 2006, 7:07 am
no fisting. it gets annoying as hell during races. seriously. lets keep fisting to anal and vaginal please.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 4:42 pm
No maps were made eh? :(. Well.. ill finalize the mappack and upload it later today so people can download it. Also 8 more spots open to signup if anyone wnats to, its in hte Tournaments and Clanwars section of the forums.

Brillmongo
February 14, 2006, 5:15 pm
Hum, never made a racing map before, maybe this will be a first.