( search forums )
Such Hypocrites!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
L33TNerd
February 9, 2006, 5:47 pm
Gah!
I'm sick of the hypocrites I often play.
So it's CTF and I have my sniper, powwwning it up, and most of the people I'd kill would say "[CENSORED]" or "n00b!" or "ban snipers"...when they themselves were using the minigun!
Why do half the people I kill demonize the sniper? in 1.3.1 it was dimmed down and actually takes skill to b good with it....long reload time...delayed fire...but when I kill wi9th it, people call me a camper, a n00b, and plain old try to kick me...I ..don't get it!!
Gaaahhh!

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 6:20 pm
I never hear it, I use barret as my primary now.

Try playing on different servers.

And if they are complaining about you, then you are doing your job right.

You can always use /mute PLAYERSLOT to ignore them.

peemonkey
February 9, 2006, 6:32 pm
What's wrong with the minigun in your eyes?

L33TNerd
February 9, 2006, 6:39 pm
Nothin, nothing, I just hate it when people call me a n00b for using the VERY powerful Barrett when they themselves are using a cheaper and more powerful weapon ...

GAMEOVER
February 9, 2006, 6:58 pm
To me, for the most part, its a useless weapon that the majority of noobs do use in pubs. The only thing I see it being used as is when an alt uses it in a clan war thats it. I dont care what you do with it in pubs or where ever else its a cheap weapon. The m79 is almost about there to. Say what you want I still will respect players more who dont use those 2 weapons.

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 7:57 pm
Minigun's hardly cheaper and more powerful T_T Underpowered in my opinion....

oh, and how 'bout me GAMEOVER, I use every weapon they give meh :P (Using Ruger more mainly because I'm perfecting my aim, and '79's widly used so thats omitted :\)

Ok
February 9, 2006, 8:04 pm
I personaly don't see the point of using just 1 weapon everywhere you go.
But I used to do it once upon a time, ofcourse back than it actualy made sense... today every weapon has its better maps .

Nevertheless , the answer is simple, you killed them you pissed them off, they vent on you.

I'm being a called a sprayer after I kill m79ers from less than half a screen away... why? because I binked the [CENSORED] out of them, and they missed me.

The best answer to that is ":)"
And if they try to kick you, you can only hope it won't work :) prehapes go into other servers with more reasonable players.

Lots of options mate, no need to get so upset, also! be patiant :) a solution is comming ..

dragontamer
February 9, 2006, 8:15 pm
I'll agree on you that the Beret is a sucky gun now...

The bink is horrible. (if anyone shoots you, you are virtually guarenteed to miss)

Reload, is horrible.

Can't use it while walking (gotta do the whole Jump, prone in air, shoot, unprone thing)

In fact, I only use the Beret for 2 things:

Camping, and practicing my ruger :-p

GAMEOVER
February 9, 2006, 8:45 pm
How do you practice ruger by using barret..

Raptor
February 9, 2006, 9:49 pm
This happens a lot. You'll get used to it.

dragontamer
February 9, 2006, 10:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERHow do you practice ruger by using barret..

They similar guns, except Barret has longer reload. So I know I get better aim (i'm forced to) by using barret.

mike323
February 9, 2006, 11:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyWhat's wrong with the minigun in your eyes?

Whats wrong with the mini? I empty a half clip of minigun into another soldat's face and they aren't even bleeding yet, thats whats wrong

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 5:59 am
If you learn how to survive with barret, then you can do this, and still be an excellent defender.

[IMAGE]

It's not too hard:P

GAMEOVER
February 10, 2006, 2:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dragontamer Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERHow do you practice ruger by using barret..

They similar guns, except Barret has longer reload. So I know I get better aim (i'm forced to) by using barret.

Not 1 attribute is the same, sorry you cant practice any weapon by using another weapon unless you use it.

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 6:17 pm
Not really true GO, aiming is the same with everything, you aim using the same method.
It just depends on how fast your learn it...

GAMEOVER
February 10, 2006, 6:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ZamorakNot really true GO, aiming is the same with everything, you aim using the same method.
It just depends on how fast your learn it...

The barrets bullet flies faster then the rugers bullet, it shoots differently and you cant use it the same. The AK has an arch on its spray, the deagles have an arch on its shots, the mp5 is useless for long distances for the most part, the Steyr shoots straight and fast, the Spas shoots buckshot and has some throw back, etc etc etc no 2 weapons are the same you must play differently with each and every one.

bond_james_bond
February 10, 2006, 10:57 pm
Soldat does well with that.

dragontamer
February 11, 2006, 2:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVER

The barrets bullet flies faster then the rugers bullet, it shoots differently and you cant use it the same. The AK has an arch on its spray, the deagles have an arch on its shots, the mp5 is useless for long distances for the most part, the Steyr shoots straight and fast, the Spas shoots buckshot and has some throw back, etc etc etc no 2 weapons are the same you must play differently with each and every one.

1. Barret bullet vs Ruger bullet speed is moot. It is so fast it doesn't matter.

2. Both Barret and Ruger require you to be "still" when fireing if you want 100% accuracy.

3. Being a good Barret user requires a different "skill" and "tempo" than ruger. But playing a Barret *as* a ruger is difficult training. Aside from the "fly and prone" thing you must do with a barret, Ruger vs Barret "feel" is nearly the same. (with ruger, you have to "fly and stop moving", close enough to fly and prone)

4. Stating other weapons has no use in this argument... I dunno why you brought it up. I'm saying Barret is similar enough to the ruger that it is an adiqute "training gun", for all I care, the other 8 guns don't exist.

Deleted User
February 11, 2006, 4:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVER
Tthe mp5 is useless for long distances for the most part
Spraying on Maya =S Prone and have fun.

And in my personal opinion, I'd like to add some things:

1. Ruger is not noob (it's too undependable to be a noob gun)
2. Ruger's a [CENSORED]load of a lot harder than Barreting.
3. Minigun is the worst gun in Soldat. If Minigun did 30 Damage and only shot around 10 rounds per second, it would be less annoying.
4. There is no "pwn" in Barret.
5. Ruger is MUCH slower than it was in 1.2.1, when it was almost as fast as Barret.

Spectral
February 11, 2006, 7:05 am
get used to the whining...it happens everywhere..

Deleted User
February 11, 2006, 8:21 am
Oh yeah, common misconception: Barret is crap now in 1.3.1

Barret + Knife = Instant Kills

Barret + Socom = Instant/Finisher Kills

If you're good at Socom, and you've got a couple nades, you can pretty much do anything. Hell, nowadays, it's pretty damn easy to take on minimi's with a socom.

[IMAGE]

Double Kill, right off the bat.

a-4-year-old
February 11, 2006, 1:17 pm
i took 3 retarded stygers out with a barret one nade and a soccom.
they all binked themselves. fun really

HAHAHAHAHA nice sig

Maka
February 13, 2006, 8:59 pm
L33tNerd, you remind me of someone. Does [OA] Foi ring a bell?