( search forums )
Proximity Mines
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dragon Reborn
February 11, 2006, 4:02 am
I don't know if this has been suggested, but what about proximity mines as a special bonus type thing, like the cluster grenades? You get 3 mines in the box, just like clusters, and you can plant them around. If a ally sets one off, it doesn't hurt them, like with any sort of grenades, but they hurt your enemies and yourself if you land on them? Just a thought. Opinions?

Mines have been suggested many times in the past, but not recently (if I remember correctly), so I thought I'd approve this topic just to throw the idea out there again. - Stalky

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 10:16 pm
Yes, even I have suggested this a few months ago. And I still think this would be a sweet bonus.

CrazyKid980
February 13, 2006, 11:04 pm
As long as it doesn't have a hugmunous power on it, it's alright with me.

Antifate
February 13, 2006, 11:54 pm
Nay. I wouldn't like it spawn on top of one of those. Or cap the flag just to get ripped apart by mines. Even if it is a bonus. Perhaps if the "mine-layer" had to "set it up" and it would take a long time. Then I would be fine with that.

CrazyEye
February 14, 2006, 1:52 am
That and waved a big red flag saying "Shoot me"

-Arbalest-
February 14, 2006, 2:53 am
I hope we can find a counter measure or some restriction like it can be sett off by explosions or it can't be planted at respawn points or it will take a reasonable time to plant one. If we accept some restrictions then I wish to make these mines a secondary instead of a bonus.

Oh and can we not let it be set off by our own teammates? I wouldn't want to plant them just to see my teammates set them off one by one and saying things like: WTF?! Which dumbass noob planting stupid mines at stupid place?!

rabidhamster
February 14, 2006, 3:00 am
what if bullets set off mines? and, in addition, mines automatically detonate in 45 seconds? eh?

-Arbalest-
February 14, 2006, 3:11 am
I like the bullet sets off mine idea! Minigun can finally put to some real use!

As for the 45 secs detonate it needs to be considered. It's not that short but if it's accepted make mines a secondary and let us able to carry 5 mines at a time.

Can we also adjust it so you can see your own team's mines? This case we don't accidently all plant multiple mines at the same spot jsut be to sett of by 1 enemy.

mike323
February 14, 2006, 4:35 am
Naw, I don't like the idea of mines. Throw a ton on the flag, no fun.

Dragon Reborn
February 14, 2006, 4:45 am
The mines blowing up after 45 seconds or so is stupid, because then they aren't proximity mines anymore, are they? Proximity mines blow when someone/something gets to close to them. Having them blow up after 45 seconds is juse plain silly.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 5:01 am
no, he means (i think) that they are there and blow up, but if they aren't detonated after 45 seconds, they blow

John O
February 14, 2006, 8:28 am
sounds terrible. any proximity weapon, since so powerful, should remain lifelike and actually take time to plant and all. but this wont happen and is therefore a lame idea. i hate it and hope it never comes to be reality...

numgun
February 14, 2006, 11:54 am
heh... the mines would have to be planted in right places, coz ppl mostly jump all the time. ; )

Soulsnipa
February 14, 2006, 12:23 pm
have special polygons that accept mines/blow up mines/not accept mines

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 2:26 pm
You people seem not to know the soldat clan scene, have you ever even played a clan war ? this would not be playable...

CrazyKid980
February 14, 2006, 2:50 pm
If there had to be special polys to plant, then we have to rebuild all the maps in the game.

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:23 pm
Yea, I would like this a lot since you can put those mines in places soldiers frequently move or if in CTF you could place some near your flag xD
I like this idea!

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 10:39 pm
I approve of this only if it's added in weapon mods, so you can make a minigun mine layer and turn the map into a death pit.

a-4-year-old
February 15, 2006, 12:08 am
NO MINES!!! it would suck for a 2d game.

and what the hell is with all these dragons, dragon tamer dragonslayer and now dragonreborn

Antifate
February 15, 2006, 1:32 am
Lay 3 mines on spawn points, flag areas, and on healthpacks in your enemy's base. GG no re.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 2:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldNO MINES!!! it would suck for a 2d game.
Why it would suck on Soldat? I think it's great.