( search forums )
Soldat 3D News Released
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Havok
February 13, 2006, 3:33 pm
Vulcano software released a special program again for news and this time for the game Soldat 3D.
Vulcano software does this cause than it's easy for people to see how far we are with the game and updates and more.

Download : http://vulcano.havokwh.com/soldat3dnews.zip

Regards,

Havok (Vulcano Software Staff)

Soulsnipa
February 13, 2006, 3:49 pm
its not a virus.

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 3:58 pm
it dosn't work..

ERROR!

[IMAGE]

JiggaBlue
February 13, 2006, 4:33 pm
extract it first?

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 4:47 pm
I extracted it, and mine didn't work at all

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 4:58 pm
Odd, mine did. Try using WinRaR.

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 4:59 pm
i did install it,.. it still didn't work.

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 5:03 pm
What Operating system/service pack you running?

Soulsnipa
February 13, 2006, 5:09 pm
it told me to download the .NET pack.

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 5:13 pm
And what does your heart tell you? :p

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 6:19 pm
my heart tells me not to download the .NET pack because I don't know what it is

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 6:24 pm
It doesnt have a virus, you dl it off microsoft site...Just a bunch of files to make .net based crap run.

Havok
February 13, 2006, 8:03 pm
.NET pack is microsoft software it's not a virus.

a-4-year-old
February 13, 2006, 8:30 pm
it worked for me, thanks but does it auto-update? cus it told me to check daily,

Maka
February 13, 2006, 8:45 pm
What's in it?

Do you really need an install program for news? I still think you're hiding something...

bond_james_bond
February 13, 2006, 9:53 pm
yaya, i download .net stuff later

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 9:54 pm
yah serisouly wtf is it? you gotta explain what it is before i download it

CrazyEye
February 13, 2006, 11:05 pm
Download first, complain because-you-got-some-horrible-file-eating-virus later

UGK
February 13, 2006, 11:10 pm
Yeah I need someone to review it because I don't want a virus....

CrazyKid980
February 13, 2006, 11:21 pm
I downloaded it, no virus, just news about the upcoming game, Soldat 3D.

peemonkey
February 13, 2006, 11:26 pm
Why the hell would you make an installer for a news release? Just make a page so people actually look and don't fear a virus.

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 11:27 pm
well yah see, this person is stupid :D

JiggaBlue
February 14, 2006, 12:01 am
A very useless waste of time.

Keron Cyst
February 14, 2006, 12:23 am
IMO this is all a hoax. I haven't even bothered to click that link seeing all the other replies to this thread; not one said it worked.

frogboy
February 14, 2006, 12:44 am
Works here. Basically just an IE window without the toolbars or status bar.

a-4-year-old
February 14, 2006, 1:26 am
 Quote:Originally posted by UGKYeah I need someone to review it because I don't want a virus....

1. funneh sig.
2. its just an aplication that tells you how to use the application and thanks you for downloading, not much news actually.
3. never read part 3 DON DON DON

rabidhamster
February 14, 2006, 1:48 am
this is the best thing taiquin's "no lan servers" thread.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 2:33 am
STOP DEVELOPING WITH BLOODY .NET FFS!

Chakra`
February 14, 2006, 2:35 am
is he even developing? so far all i've seen is an idea.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 5:04 am
There were screenshots of some of his code in the dev section like a month or two ago

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 5:10 am
soldat 3d will wreck soldat al together...fuking scumbags trying to make a awesome game awesomer

GAMEOVER
February 14, 2006, 6:59 am
Im really skeptical about all this man, I hear you say a lot but id like to hear you talk more about how you plan on making it using what, what kinda raport you plan to have with the players and how much will their opinions effect the game? Theres a lot of things that you havent explained, I just hear the same stuff over and over. Not to sound like an ass but I really dont want to hear anything about it anymore unless theres some solid info provided on it, maybe even a webpage. Vulcano hasnt even contacted me back from an email I sent about it days ago, already their getting on my bad side.

GAMEOVER
February 14, 2006, 7:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by citAsoldat 3d will wreck soldat al together...fuking scumbags trying to make a awesome game awesomer

Do me and the rest of the community a favor and leave it.

Elephant_Hunter
February 14, 2006, 8:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeSTOP DEVELOPING WITH BLOODY .NET FFS!

Stop developing with VB?... Nevermind, it's useless :P

John O
February 14, 2006, 8:26 am
so any screens?

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 8:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeSTOP DEVELOPING WITH BLOODY .NET FFS!

nuuuuuu don't get rid of our forms!!! :O I make little children's multiplication games with VB :( DON'T KILL THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldat 3D: o.O FALLING BULLETS IN 3D....... BAH! M79 NOOBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 9:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeSTOP DEVELOPING WITH BLOODY .NET FFS!

Yeah that too, hence why I shifted to PHP and C++ 4 months ago.

Soulsnipa
February 14, 2006, 9:30 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeSTOP DEVELOPING WITH BLOODY .NET FFS!

Yeah that too, hence why I shifted to PHP and C++ 4 months ago.

Same here

Havok
February 14, 2006, 12:01 pm
Everytime i change something it wil be automaticly updated.
And this is easier cause if our site is down for a sec you can check news through there :).
And u know nothing about Soldat3D so stop whining and crying about that and ofcourse i don't code the game with VB.
Just stop whining on everything i post on this forum if you don't like it just don't reply.
Im wasting my free time to make this game and you are only doing this cause i don't give you screenshots and stuff so stop whining damned.

Pero
February 14, 2006, 1:23 pm
ffs the magic of soldat is that it is 2d :/..we got countless 3d shooters which would look like soldat if they would be put to 2d(UT,Quake with modern weapons mods...)

Hanayo
February 14, 2006, 1:29 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HavokEverytime i change something it wil be automaticly updated.
And this is easier cause if our site is down for a sec you can check news through there :).
And u know nothing about Soldat3D so stop whining and crying about that and ofcourse i don't code the game with VB.
Just stop whining on everything i post on this forum if you don't like it just don't reply.
Im wasting my free time to make this game and you are only doing this cause i don't give you screenshots and stuff so stop whining damned.

I dont see your point, really! Why do you even post into this forum if you cant provide any information about the game you want to make?

If its to much work, you obviously need help of others, but why should they invest any time if they dont know anything about the game.

Dont you have any concepts? Some features you want to have in the game, and how they will be realized? Like using ODE for physics, handling lag in a physical system, we dont even know if it will a full 3D game or 3D sidescroller, ... That way you could easily start a discussion and get some constructive feedback.

For me this is just another project with no future. Even my networked 2D physics programmed in c# is a better starting point as what we have here.

I might change my opinion, but thats in your hands ;d

Havok
February 14, 2006, 2:36 pm
Pero you don't understand my idea when i got screenshots you will see so stop complaining about soldat3d you don't know what will come just wait and see when game is done you can start whining and crying for now wait and play soldat and check news daily not everyday some news but mostly there is.

CrazyEye
February 14, 2006, 2:53 pm
Probly gonan turn out like starfox 64....xpt everyones on foot.

GAMEOVER
February 14, 2006, 6:40 pm
All I said was to provide more in depth info, and you failed.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 9:21 pm
Soldat 3d= Tribes :) ish

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoowell yah see, this person is stupid :D
That's not an option to insult somebody, and if he wants to do that, well it's his problem..

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 8:31 am
This crap had better come with an uninstaller...

EDIT: Thank god.

Leo
February 15, 2006, 8:50 am
Everyone is free to make whatever games he wants. However I don't see the point of making a Soldat 3D game. There are tones of 3D shooters out there to choose from. Soldat is uniqe just because it's 2D. Or not ?

Nos-D
February 18, 2006, 8:23 pm
It won't work there's an error.

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 9:56 pm
good dont try anymore.

Deleted User
February 22, 2006, 4:17 pm
I smell bulls*it prove me wrong.

livingdalife
February 23, 2006, 8:39 am
whats the website even? I have said that I wouldn't mind seing a 3D version around of soldat, but when I said see, I meant SEE!!! screenshots and lots more info is a must! And as for this stupid Sodlat3d News program, "The Application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135)" Ahhh It don't work! I agree about this being a project that will just fall through, even some one else made a [CENSORED]ty version of soldat where you look down on the player, not the side... If your making this then put stupid screenie up... at least!