( search forums )
ctf_Dawn ~ Reverse ctf
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
February 14, 2006, 4:51 pm
ctf_Dawn

Third reverse ctf map. Credits go to SK for the lights, rainrider for the texture splitter, someone for the barbwire2.bmp, and me for making the map. This time around the map isn't very spacious, the overview was made at around 48% zoom.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

~> Download <~

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 4:56 pm
looks good, but some more of those scenery would be nice.

Ray.Dyo
February 14, 2006, 5:16 pm
Looks good, but too simple in my opinion!

Edit: After playing it some minutes, It is really beautyful, I will up the map in this public server to test if it is playable: server.selfkill.com:24673

I think you should imagine for new map forms. I doubt two roads maps are the best we have ever played in.

viggoloniggolo
February 14, 2006, 5:19 pm
not this crap again, jesus christ.

Am I seeing double, or I just saw the same map only with snow?

Brillmongo
February 14, 2006, 5:25 pm
Looks good, but a bit "bland", it's a small map after all so putting some more scenery into it shouldn't have been too hard.

Quote:not this crap again, jesus christ.

Comments of such nature are reserved for use by people who can actually produce better maps than what is being referred to vig, please respect this simple rule in the future.

DeMonIc
February 14, 2006, 5:31 pm
This map is way different from Frost, only the creation method is similiar. For starters, this one is barely half the size of the other one, and is way more cramped, because feedback gave me the hint that I'm making too spacious maps.

As for the scenery, I didn't want to owerwhelm the map, the shadows fill it already I think, more scenery would just've been annoying.

viggoloniggolo
February 14, 2006, 5:47 pm
"Comments of such nature are reserved for use by people who can actually produce better maps than what is being referred to vig, please respect this simple rule in the future."

will shut you the f up? ---> http://sml.u13.net/files/inf_vig_siege.PNG

The Geologist
February 14, 2006, 6:02 pm
Horrible helicopter/chute sceneries. Aside from that, don't plug your own map in someone elses topic. That's just rude. We know you don't like the map, so please...go away.

Brillmongo
February 14, 2006, 6:05 pm
 Quote:As for the scenery, I didn't want to owerwhelm the map, the shadows fill it already I think, more scenery would just've been annoying.

What I had in mind was grass scenery, helps to reduce the contrast between the polys and the background, spamming this map with lianas and vines would do nothing but reduce it's quality.

Quote:will shut you the f up? ---> http://sml.u13.net/files/inf_vig_siege.PNG

What is this, some kind of f*cking lame joke?

GAMEOVER
February 14, 2006, 6:53 pm
wow 10/10 should be a default map dont ask me why but for some reason it reminds me of a compact inclosed version of ctf_Monsoon I know they dont look nothing alike but I get the same feeling of that map.

Soulsnipa
February 14, 2006, 7:34 pm
A lot better than previous ones you have made. I actually like this one. 8.75/10 because I saw some errors in the screenshots >.<

1) The top is way too bright and all the same brightness
2) The edges of the map, I guess because of the texture dont join up. Stretch the texture, or do something to fix that.
3) You failed to add shadows overcasted on the polygons to the bottom again, that is as well the same shade.

OutofOrder
February 14, 2006, 8:18 pm
I thought rating maps was forbidden :P Haven't tried this out yet, but it seems that more than 8 players would be too much for this map
I'll be back with more comments.

EDIT: and i keep my word.
Indeed, about 8 players is more than enough for this map. Some of the light effects don't seem to be coherent, but the rest looks nice.

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:27 pm
It's really nice! But I think more scenery is needed :P (just an opinion)

Atticus
February 14, 2006, 11:05 pm
I absolutely love the shading effects in this map Demonic. I drew out a layout for a reverse ctf map a while back. Maybe you could take a look at it. I don't feel like actually making it.

Famine
February 14, 2006, 11:36 pm
Very nice, I love it. I always have love reversed maps. Clearly Vig is just jealous.

rainrider
February 15, 2006, 12:50 am
After seeing overview I can say only one thing: shadows with background looks completelly flat...

headstone
February 15, 2006, 1:08 am
[CENSORED] man. This blows your other reverse-ctfs out of the water!

Now all I need is some place to play these with real people...

Michal
February 15, 2006, 1:18 am
Really beautiful, I love the variation of texture and colour.
My only complaint is that it's a little too symmetrical for my taste...

a-4-year-old
February 15, 2006, 1:26 am
did anyone even think about playing this with someone else? should be called ctf_SPawn (get it, stupid pun? anyone?) everything else is great

dr.ON
February 15, 2006, 11:12 am
nice map.
but i dont like place showed on 3rd screenshot. those small moutains and thin tunnel enterance slow down me.

Ray.Dyo
February 15, 2006, 4:17 pm
I would like to see this map with basical bases. (Alpha's base with the red flag, and Bravo's with the blue flag)

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 11:07 pm
@ vig
i saw your mom on the internet
---------
@map
very nice :D
love the shading, and looks fun :)

lithium
February 15, 2006, 11:33 pm
Sweet jesus...this is really great. I love it. The gameplay is very good and the lighting/shading effects are absolutely beautiful. I think this could and should be a default map...

g-force9
February 17, 2006, 8:08 pm
I like the map, the lighting, and gameplay. One question:
Can you make a normal CTF verson? It confuses me a little bit.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 11:49 am
Wow, nice lookin map. This is the first Reverse Ctf map I've ever seen. I like the concept. The only thing wrong is the lack of scenery in my opinion. Otherwise great job.