( search forums )
/Mute? /ignore? NOT FOR ME!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
February 14, 2006, 8:20 pm
I'm quite fed up with all these righteous [CENSORED]s that think they so much smarter and mature by just ignoring and muting everyone.

Sure, it works! well duh! ofcourse it works!
And if you stop playing soldat all together or never turn on your computer! no one will flame you ever again! (that's a promise)
And if you never get out of your house I promise you you'll be much safer from all the horrible risks out there...

But allas, I don't like playing against bots, and not just because they realy suck, sometimes I find public players who play so much wrose than bots!
I wanna play human beings, that talk and respond! I don't want to play ppl who will always say "omg you owned Me you're so awesome!! omg omg!"
I want a nice friendly competition I want a "oh you lil [CENSORED], I'll get you for that" or a "argggh u lucky [CENSORED]"
I want human reactions , becuase that is what I look for when I play online instead of vs the computer!

So no! removing the text council doesnt work for everyone, it probably only works for brits.. but that makes sense, I mean, they're british innit.

But us human beings are in need of attention, and human reactions!
I want to talk with my time mate, I want to use taunts, I want to ask them stuff and have them ask me stuff so we can co-operate.

For that, we HAVE to deal with all those ppl who just curse all over, we have to deal with all those ppl who ruin the whole point of the text council.

I have a plan to do just that, and if not to deal with it, atleast supply with a fine amount of moderated servers that will not allow cursing or cheating.
Just quality public servers, no password , free for all but with some game ethics (or human ethics?).

So this is just a word out to all of ya guys who keep thinking that mute is the ultimate solution for everything in life.
Its not, there are other ways of dealing with idiots, without reducing 50% of the fun in multiplayer gaming.

CrazyEye
February 14, 2006, 8:28 pm
Some people not naming any one *cough "Siegfried"* cant take a hint to shut the [CENSORED] up so with a little magic, and the press of a button that inconvienece is gone.

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 8:36 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Ok
I have a plan to do just that, and if not to deal with it, atleast supply with a fine amount of moderated servers that will not allow cursing or cheating.
Just quality public servers, no password , free for all but with some game ethics (or human ethics?).

Io.sys of the |n|8|v| r/s servers has been doing this for a while, but so many people want to take the time to write out curse words and such in game, while instead they could just say it out loud and get it over with :p. Making a curse free server seems impossible at times. I guess if you have enough adimns on most of the day it could be possible.

February 14, 2006, 8:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by OkSo no! removing the text council doesnt work for everyone, it probably only works for brits.. but that makes sense, I mean, they're british innit.

Hooray, generalisation!

Deleted User
February 14, 2006, 9:01 pm
/mute Ok

_Mancer_
February 14, 2006, 9:05 pm
Sure maybe thats your preferance... but not some of ours. Some people just consider everyone on the internet as people they will never meet and they dont exist, so they just focus on the game more than talking to people.. I know thats my case.

Chakra`
February 14, 2006, 9:05 pm
Shut your pie hole and get on dyn.u13.net teamspeak Ok. Lets have a game tonight. I'm there right now.

Ok
February 14, 2006, 9:42 pm
The brits comment was a sarcastic joke towords that snoobish bastad Chakra...
Mancer, you already made it clear you're not a ppl's person (so you've said yourself).
But most human beings are friendly, its in our nature, the minority are ppl like you, and that's a scientific fact my friend.
We live in groups, we like doing stuff better in groups, the majority is like that, and it really doesnt matter if 10 ppl will post here and say "wrong" becuae for each and everyone of them there are 100 others who disagree.

Taunting, talking, communicating in general is a part of CTF soldat.. no matter how u look at it.

CrazyEye
February 14, 2006, 9:50 pm
Even the bots make fun of me :¸(

Raptor
February 14, 2006, 10:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyEyeEven the bots make fun of me :¸(
ROFL xD!!!

bond_james_bond
February 14, 2006, 10:17 pm
lol

But, if we want to play with real 'humans' we'll need a bigger community. Also, new server tools and stuff with more options for servers would work great too. Just like Enesce's creation, *something - something* bot. !admin !teams

some of the fan apps should be included in the official download too.

Ok
February 15, 2006, 1:02 am
I'm not talking about official stuff...
but come to think of it... prehapes that's a better idea

_Mancer_
February 15, 2006, 1:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by OkThe brits comment was a sarcastic joke towords that snoobish bastad Chakra...
Mancer, you already made it clear you're not a ppl's person (so you've said yourself).
But most human beings are friendly, its in our nature, the minority are ppl like you, and that's a scientific fact my friend.
We live in groups, we like doing stuff better in groups, the majority is like that, and it really doesnt matter if 10 ppl will post here and say "wrong" becuae for each and everyone of them there are 100 others who disagree.

Taunting, talking, communicating in general is a part of CTF soldat.. no matter how u look at it.

In real life you wouldnt beleive I am the guy Mancer who plays soldat because I am so much different. The only reason I dont really talk to people online is because all I ever here is the same stuff, over and over again, and its just a hassle to reply in the same ways... such as getting whined at, people saying hi to me and stuff (that doesnt bother me but it gets old). And usually the only time people ever talk to me is if they want something.. which gets old too.

Talking on vent is fun though

Ok
February 15, 2006, 1:46 am
hey I relate..
I hate those "hi's" espacialy now , I get alot of annoying comments, some of those are no so kind either, from ppl I don't even know, just because I'm making the guide.

But I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about teamwork related talks..
Like "I'm defending, u get the flag"
or "Free low"
or even a comment from a buddy in the other team "oh you lil bastad" ..
Its a friendly comment, that makes the game much more human like.. more friendly.

Besides, I've seen u comment when u get owned by someone, u get pissed and u express it, so why not express when you're having fun?

I'm not talking about that annoying "gg" everyone blurs so often...
not even the "ns"
something more specific and orginal.. I dunno, either that, or ignore those time u get pissed as well...

Goign half way is a little hypocritical dont u think?

_Mancer_
February 15, 2006, 2:08 am
I use the team functions if its absolutly necessary..

GAMEOVER
February 15, 2006, 2:47 am
Im an older gamer compared to most and a little rough around the edges, personally trash talk doesnt bother me at all im use to it in my everyday life. Its good to see players emotions for me its lets you know their human. Me personally I cant stand losing at all but I can accept it I swear up and down so loud sometimes that my voice goes horse. Im human and I put everything I got into anything I do in life, no matter what it is, even if it is a game. There is a limit though I never trash talk players in game very rarely if they really ask for it you treat people the way you want to be treated. You want respect? Then you give it, you get what you give so go ahead if you see me somewhere feel free to say [CENSORED] you it wont bother me one bit.

Rambo_6
February 15, 2006, 2:48 am
Well i can tolerate spammers... If they won't stop spamming or whining, why not kick them outta the server and let them cool off?

But if i mute everyone, it takes the social aspect of Soldat away, and just makes you seem like more of a hermit :P

Being an internet hermit is ten times worse than being a normal human hermit.

Of course, i suppose that muting is a personal choice.

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 6:07 am
'/removem79' would do it for me.

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 6:13 am
 Quote:Originally posted by OkThe brits comment was a sarcastic joke towords that snoobish bastad Chakra...

Taunting, talking, communicating in general is a part of CTF

soldat.. no matter how u look at it.

OK stfu u think is natural for a human to be nice...GET A GRIP BUDDY!...or a life..

n00bface
February 15, 2006, 8:22 am
Humans have lived in groups since our existance was known .. how bout YOU study some anthropology instead of making fallacious rebuttals laced with teen angst plzzzzzzzz m8

Jap_man
February 15, 2006, 10:23 am
Uh, Ok, what is so immature about ignoring someone, who is swearing at you, or making insulting comments? I've rarely used the /mute command, but it is much more pleasant to play in peace, without having some idiot insulting you, and making offensive comments towards you. Also, I don't know about you, but when I use the /mute command I only mute the one player, that is annoying me, not everybody else in the server so I can get "human responses".

Also tell me Ok, when will a person who is swearing at you and insulting you, ever going to make a friendly comment towards your style of play? Seriously?

But I can still see where you might be comming from, you can't just use the /mute command, when someone is slightly annoying you, in my opinion it should only be used when someone is constantly insulting you, swearing at you and is really pissing you off and really it's not the best idea to totally isolate yourself from a server.

Captain Ben
February 15, 2006, 11:58 am
Mancer if normal player replies are boring and repetitive for you, just enter the server and give eveyone a nice greeting of "HELLO [CENSORED]ERS!!!" Makes for some funny and interesting replies :D

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 2:11 pm
I'm sure you can contact the admins of the servers you like to play on,
it's not a biggy to install a "say-kick" script on nowadays server admin programs.

And yes, some words are too much repeated in various other, or mispelled versions...
They tend to get you annoyed.

Ok
February 15, 2006, 3:40 pm
Programs like that exist, TBA server is a perfect example of that.
But that's only a part of it, as being said before, ppl find other ways to override the script, like "f-ag" .
that can be dealt with, in any case an admin is always good to have around.

So eventualy I'm planning on having some sort of a system that will give out this service that will include all the functions that now exists separatly in different scripts and programs + a big load of admins who enjoy playing in publics and while they do that they will monitor the server they are admining.

I heard it have been tried in the past, I did somethinking and realized why it didn't work, and hopefully in the future I'll try something like that again with the wisdom gathered from the first attempt :)

ITs possible, soldat players are being educated everyday in the game play, there is not reason we can't educate them on how to behave on a soldat server, at first it will be because they dont want to get kicked, but later it will realize its much better when they dont do it.

Hell, even I need some spanking from time to time.

livingdalife
February 22, 2006, 5:23 pm
I actually agree with Ok here. Although I can get grafical when I play, because so smartarse Noob with an m79 keeps stalking me and blasting me into thousands of little red pieces. anyway teamspeak seems like a good idea too!