( search forums )
Claymore Mine: official suggestion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 4:52 am

Due to the many suggestions and requests for mines of some sort in soldat, I took the liberty of putting together an easy to read official suggestion for a claymore mine that michal can basicly just code and plug into the game. I've made the ingame graphics for the mine and suggested a setup for it. Below are several comic type pictures to explain this suggestion more thoroughly.

[IMAGE]

Picture key for top right image of weapons-gfx for the claymore:

1.) Gfx for the hand before deployment and on the ground after deployment
2.) Detonator gfx after deployment of claymore mine
3.) Explosion gfx for claymore after detonation
4.) Bullet gfx for claymore after detonation

Comic strip picture key, top to bottom:

1.) Actual claymore min in hand before deployment.
2.) After deployment of the claymore facing right with detonation mechanism in the soldats hand.
3.) Detonation of the claymore.
4.) Effects of the claymore

A more detailed description:

The claymore mine would be either a pickup like the cluster grenades or a secondary weapon.
Once you picked up/chose the claymore mine, the actual mine would apear in your soldats hands.
To setup the claymore go to where you want the claymore placed, and face your soldat in the direction that you want the claymore mine to explode.
Once in position, click to lay the mine on the ground (this process will take a second or two).

Once the mine is placed on the ground, the gfx for the detonation mechanism would apear in the soldats hand, and the ability to set off the mine.
To set off the mine, you would simply click and hold while the detonation mechanism is in hand, and after a small delay the mine would go off.
After the mine is detonated (i.e after you hold down the detonation mechanism) the actual mine gfx would disapear after the "claymore-fire.bmp" is played over the mine, and three round bullets with power 500 (according to weapons.ini) would come flying out at 400 speed (according to the weapons.ini file) on three different slight angles (one slightly up, one straight, and one slightly down.) and act as normal bullets with such power, and do appropriate damage. Below is the .ini appropriate settings.

Quote:
[Claymore]
Damage=500
FireInterval=4
Ammo=3
ReloadTime=0
Speed=400
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=25
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

I hope I have helped in the suggestion department of mines in soldat, and hope that this suggestion is clear to read and understand, and will be put into soldat. If anyone has any questions or comments, please post.

Field Marshal BM

Download for Michal

Download for weapons-gfx of the Claymore mine

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 9:48 pm
Whoooa neat!!

Imma go try it! :D

Btw, Ive had your mod for like a month but I still havent found out how to work that suicide bomb >:| Maybe Im just doing it wrong lol. Good job!

Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 9:51 pm
how are you going to try it? :p I think you better read the topic again. And are you hitting apply and play after you choose the suicide bomb? (anymore quiestions about it please pm me)

peemonkey
February 15, 2006, 10:22 pm
It's a nice layout and all, but I still think it'd be better if michal gave sourcecode to someone with super skills (or did it himself) and they(he) made it so there'd be a whole crapload of different options for making new weapons and whatnot, but keep the defaults default.

bond_james_bond
February 15, 2006, 11:50 pm
at least your posts are thorough and understanding

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 12:04 am
It's a fairly reasonable idea, but I think Ville should do the official graphics if it gets implemented.

CrazyEye
February 16, 2006, 5:08 am
Nah, makes tunnel camping even easier. I would rather have the unzip-pants-and-kyjelly-it-up-and-[CENSORED] /cmd anims....

CrazyKid980
February 16, 2006, 4:35 pm
Oh, I know campers are gonna hate this. Putting mines in their favorite camping places, BOOM!
I wouldn't mind much if it was in the game.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 6:35 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dIt's a fairly reasonable idea, but I think Ville should do the official graphics if it gets implemented.

Why you dont like the ones i made?

Quote: Oh, I know campers are gonna hate this. Putting mines in their favorite camping places, BOOM!
I wouldn't mind much if it was in the game.

Quote: Nah, makes tunnel camping even easier.

I don't think so, i think it would balance out. I'm sure you would have quite a few claymores around when it first gets implimented, but after awhile it will die down, just like WM servers, you barely see any now. Plus, how often do you walk across the ground for long distances, most of the time is spent in the air. There are the ocasional maps like lagrange where the claymore would most likely be abused, but there's always the option to disable it, just like clusters or predator.

I also forgot to mention, if the soldat who placed the claymore gets killed before detonating the claymore, the claymore becomes unsetup and you can pick it up and redeploy it.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 7:05 pm
wow FMBM.. you really made things easy for MM:) i hope he does this.

Zegovia
February 17, 2006, 8:35 am
Well this is without doupts a better explanation of how the claymore would work in soldat.. ;)

I think however that the claymores should be a powerupp like the cluster grenades and the BPV.....

but if it was implented as a secondary, perhaps there should be like limited ammo of it (say 3) and when you used em all up you dont get anymore untill you respawn.

Anyway, a claymore is orginally triggerd by proximity (but can still as you say be remotly detonated), when someone gets within its range (may it be friend, foe or yourself, NO EXCEPTION!!) itll blow, that way you could just drop one and walk away and hope that youll catch something, but you need to inform your teammates where you put it so you dont blow em upp, and remember it yourself so you dont take a wrong step.

However, with remote you have to think harder when you use it, since later on people will notice that you have the detonator in your hand (and think "Omigosh! he has put a clay somewhere here!) and they then keep a distance.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 8:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dIt's a fairly reasonable idea, but I think Ville should do the official graphics if it gets implemented.

No, MM should. Besides, this idea is older than BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA

GAMEOVER
February 17, 2006, 4:23 pm
No way would it be accepted in league play people would just spam their own flag with them. Maybe as an add on like the clusters.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 4:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERNo way would it be accepted in league play people would just spam their own flag with them. Maybe as an add on like the clusters.

Well that's why i said either a pickup or secondary so i could get input on which people would prefer. If it's a pickup then there wont be that many, and even wehn somone places it by the flag all you have to do is hover and grab the flag and you should be safe. As to zegovias idea of just placing it and hoping for the best, i think that would make it irritating to people. As it is, if the person forgets to detonate, no harm done.

dr.ON
February 17, 2006, 9:01 pm
i don't like it.
we shouldn't add new weapons , before there's opinions about unbalance in weapons that are availible righ now.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 11:55 pm
Maybe we can make the mines shoot-able? The mines can have their own "health" and when that's depleated it'll go BOOM!

martinmarta
February 18, 2006, 1:01 am
place one on flag...

with some modifying this could be idea...

but again... one just on top of the flag would be stupidly good.

bja888
February 18, 2006, 5:16 am
I think the mines would slow down game play. Actually, now that I think about it... if is visible. Then I will have no problem jumping right over it like I do nades. Although I don't think it will happen, I wouldn't mind.

Zegovia
February 23, 2006, 8:49 am
I dont think jumping over a claymore would be that easy, since they have a directed blast of about 75 degree and forward. :/

Also, youll have a hard time knowing wich way its suppoused to be facing. :P

Antifate
February 23, 2006, 1:43 pm
Kampf abuse.

Captain Ben
February 27, 2006, 9:33 am
Just as long as a big and loud voice over blasts out of your speakers, "TOTAL HUMILATION!"

And yes, I'm aware that I am four days late. Bite me.