( search forums )
People can't join after a few hours.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
February 15, 2006, 3:06 pm
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a dedicated server that I run, but after a couple hours, it doesn't let people join. Not even me. There can be 3 people in it, and when I try to join throught the lobby, it says Connection Accepted, the screen flashes back, and it just brings me back to the lobby server. The same thing happens to other people tryin to join it too. I don't know if this is a bug, or just a problem with the way I'm running the server. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

FliesLikeABrick
February 15, 2006, 9:36 pm
windows or linux? If it is windows then this may be a problem that the developer is aware of (connections for file downloads are not closed properly, blocking out future connections after the max allowed connections is hit)

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 1:01 am
It's windows, and I don't have any custom maps in my map list for the server. And if it matters, I have DSL.

Sorry for not being specific :)

And what do you mean about the problem the developer is aware of? I don't totally understand.

FliesLikeABrick
February 16, 2006, 3:34 am
alright, nevermind. I've got nothing to suggest :P

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 4:43 pm
Ok, thanks for tryin though.

Mikeman
February 17, 2006, 8:03 pm
This kind of bug has been on non-dedicated servers. Especially on CTF servers. When u join to it, and go to spectators. Leave the server and try to get back, u cant join there anymore. Weird bug.. So better put max specs to 0 ;P

c0vert
March 8, 2006, 9:59 pm
There was a setting in soldat.ini that helped me with a similar issue.

I am at work so I dont have my soldat.ini with me, but I remember it was right under "Allowdownload=1" I think it was called "max connections" or something like that - I set this number really high 9999999 - and that helped me with similar issues.