( search forums )
Call of Duty 2
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Raptor
February 16, 2006, 1:33 am
Does anybody has the game? I would like to know who does...
I know dascoo does ;)

CrazyKid980
February 16, 2006, 1:41 am
I wish, I played the demo of it ,GOD was it awsome! Fast paced, Infinte Life(Kinda), and realistic in everyway possible.

EDIT: I beat you by a second lol

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 1:41 am
i have the 360 version, and beat it very quickly(most finished on veteran)

very fun game :)

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 1:46 am
I have the PC version, and indeed it is really cool!

There's no infinite life. If you get shot and you hide for a few secs, you recover health (but you have low)

AerialAssault
February 16, 2006, 1:47 am
I've got it then.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 1:48 am
Good to know some of you do =)

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 2:07 am
I have the gamecube version. I beat it in like 2 days, was to easy even on hard level xD!

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 2:08 am
I have it for PC. And I got Big Red One. Fun as hell.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 2:08 am
What about veteran level... >:)

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 2:09 am
"I have the gamecube version"
thats big red one(i think)
thats a different game...

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 2:34 am
Btw, what's the difference between big red one and the orig COD2?

AerialAssault
February 16, 2006, 2:37 am
they are different games.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 2:38 am
I...
...KNOW

But what are some differences between them... >:/

CrazyKid980
February 16, 2006, 3:05 am
the orginal one has good graphics, the red one has old graphics.
There's one.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 3:05 am
big red one follows the br1 squad...
CoD2 pwns and follows nobody...

peemonkey
February 16, 2006, 3:24 am
the demo was way too railed to be fun, is the full game as go-here-do-this-as-its-the-only-place-to-go-and-thing-to-do ?

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 3:39 am
Cod2(not b.r.o.)
is the full game as go-here-do-this-as-its-the-only-place-to-go
kinda like that^
but !very! open, so there are many routes to each objective(caves, over, trenches, ect.)

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 4:29 am
I generaly think CoD2 just isn't the "real thing", it's kinda different and not very CoD like(can't really express it, but try both of them, and you'll see),the graphics surely have been improved and that's nice, but the gameplay still bugs me, well that's just my opinion.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 16, 2006, 4:50 am
I don't like the new regenerating health system, I would've perferred the thrill of health packs.

that fuking sniper
February 16, 2006, 6:37 am
CoD2 is *very* well-scripted, rivalling Half Life (1 and 2). Did anyone else start preferring the BAR over all other guns? It seems to do everything perfectly, except have a good supply of ammo around the map. It's automatic, yet able to make the toughest buckshots with the sights on, all the while being the most dominant gun (most damage per bullet) in the game. Pwnt.

Captain Ben
February 16, 2006, 6:47 am
MOST FUN LAN GAME EVAR.

Tha Doggfather
February 16, 2006, 10:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyKid980 Fast paced, Infinte Life(Kinda), and realistic in everyway possible.

And the award for the most subtle oxymoron goes to.....

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 11:40 am
the difference between big red one, and regular call of duty 2 pwnzer that doesnt suck:

Big red one:
Doesn't feel hectic
Horrible graphics
It feels like a cartoon
The sound is not that good
It's no fun whatsoever
16 people online, i'd rather have 64 ;)

Call of duty 2:
BAM BAM BAM BAM ACTION PACKED
KICKARSE GRAPHICS (even on my lower settings)
AWESOME SOUND!@!12
FEELS LIKE YOUR ACTUALLY IN A WAR
multiplayer 64 ONLINE!121

rawr

bl00dy_n0se
February 16, 2006, 1:23 pm
Yeah I play it (I did, my pc broke so I cant nowadays -.-) and its awesome! The multiplayers is very amazing...with all those soldiers fighting in the dust of tunisia :)
But does anyone of you has an ATI graphic card? I have one and I got much problems with it, I can not play the singleplayer because it kinda lags like hell! And ists just possible to play the multiplayer with a screensolution of 800x600 :/
But even on this crap solution its fun

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 3:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bl00dy_n0seYeah I play it (I did, my pc broke so I cant nowadays -.-) and its awesome! The multiplayers is very amazing...with all those soldiers fighting in the dust of tunisia :)
But does anyone of you has an ATI graphic card? I have one and I got much problems with it, I can not play the singleplayer because it kinda lags like hell! And ists just possible to play the multiplayer with a screensolution of 800x600 :/
But even on this crap solution its fun

Check your dx settings, you might want to put it on dx7

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 3:35 pm
Thanks for the info about the two games... and I'm glad I have the original COD2 xD
(seems that noone likes big red one)

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 4:19 pm
COD 2 is rockeh! but the only thing bad with cod 2, is that you regenerate..

Melba
February 16, 2006, 5:49 pm
Is CoD2 hack protected?

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 6:16 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorThanks for the info about the two games... and I'm glad I have the original COD2 xD
(seems that noone likes big red one)

Afaik, only CoD, CoD:Uo (ep) and CoD2 are for PC,
and you can't really compare games for ps2 and pc,
but if you were talking about the ps2 version - excuse me.
 Quote:Originally posted by Melba
Is CoD2 hack protected?
Atm, no, but punkbuster is on its way :P
(atleast they said so :S)

a-4-year-old
February 16, 2006, 8:45 pm
CALL OF DUTY SUCKS

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 8:52 pm
no.. that would be you.

Quote:Is CoD2 hack protected?

yes. very well.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 8:55 pm
punkbuster is on its sexy way, finest hour and big red one sucked major cock

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 8:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoofinest hour and big red one sucked major cock

why did they suck tiny tim?

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 9:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HHHno.. that would be you.

Quote:Is CoD2 hack protected?

yes. very well.

yes, if you play yourself 1v1...

HHH, i guess you just started playing it, there are like tons of hacks outside there, and no pb in v1.0 makes it even worse *remebers the good old 1.5 days*

a-4-year-old
February 16, 2006, 9:44 pm
call of duty used to be so easy but then all you stupid noobs actually learned how to play.

the nades go forever.

sniper is overpowered.

the trench gun is overpowered.

more someday

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 10:21 pm
The nades go forever?
And I like it the way it is...

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 10:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorThe nades go forever?
And I like it the way it is...

I think he wanted to say that there isn't any grenade cooking.

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 10:33 pm
^Oh.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 11:57 pm
thats why you go on modded servers, that allows you to cook nades. i suggest brighthouse tdm, 62 players online, ussually i would join around 50 players playing so that theres not that much lag.
i ussually play on this tactical server call 1stsf ss something, really fun, goes back and forth between search and destroy and the infiltration like mod.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 12:44 am
just played the demo for number two, graphics cranked up, was not impressed. It looked only slightly better than 1, and i do mean slightly. I dont know what they do for the teaser screens but it does'nt look like that ingame. and this is on everything cranked up on 1280-1024 resolution. All they succeeded in doing was lagging my PC (not and easy task). and for what, mediocre graphics and poor gameplay? I am so dissapointed in video game companys these days, seems their only goal is to copy the better game that came out before them. if any of you like RTS games in the WWII genre, get soldiers heroes of WWII, worth every penny you spend, you can get it on ebay for 15 or so. The game is so realistic that if you shoot a tank in the tread, only the tread will break. You can loot crates and dead bodys, vehicles tanks, to take ammo, fuel, guns, and just about anything and customize your army. If you do so much as change your hat to a different one the game registers it and shows the different hat. Awesome game.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 1:42 am
wow? the xbox360 version is better than the pc(which i dout) assuming what you say is true...
but you have to know, its fun to have a game thats custimizable, but that doesn't mix with historics,and i think its freak'in great.

a-4-year-old
February 17, 2006, 2:32 am
than you did not play any other game ever on the planet.

and if you dont know what i mean "the nades go forever" go online and throw a nade as straight up as you can. the cheapass [CENSORED]gots who made the game made the nades have no weight/physics and when a nade hits the ground it stops in its tracks. [CENSORED]ers left out so much that could have pawned.
 Quote: field marshal bm
worth every penny you spend, you can get it on ebay for 15 or so.

pennies?

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 12:16 pm
wtf are you talking about, the nades dont stop in there tracks, to bad i cant record a demo 0_0
and the graphics are way better then the original cod, maybe you didnt have it cranked up like you said? the only problem with this game is that its a little unrealistic, and a little rng.....thats all everything else is amazing

a-4-year-old
February 17, 2006, 3:15 pm
amazing? so easily impressed.
where is the balance, and all the mods are [CENSORED] without smoke so some [CENSORED] in a bush gets all the kills

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 8:51 pm
4 year old, its balanced enough. this game is balanced. i think the only reason why people are so pissed about the shotgun is because it can kill you in one shot WHICH IS TRUE. if your right up to them, then of course it would kill you same for every other gun except that the shotgun shoots you allover the body, instead of one spot. cod 2 isnt arcadish like soldat where it takes so many hits to take someone down. itll take 2 or 3 shots from any gun to take someone down, except the shotgun because it fires 10 pellets or so at a person so if there hit, there down. this game is more tactical then the first cod, which i like. i hate it when one gun dominates one thing. the sniper rifle isnt overpowered, the garand is just as powerful as it, every gun is powerful except the carbine, which is the most retarded gun in the game. the sniper rifle is only useful if the target is standing nearly still, and it doesnt know you position. if the target is strafing back and forth then its very hard to hit the target, and its really hard for a person with a sniper rifle to kill a person with a semi auto rifle, and especially an smg.

Drink Bloody Water
February 17, 2006, 11:44 pm
I have just about all of them. Anyone here have America's Army or Operation Flashpoint?

Drink Bloody Water
February 17, 2006, 11:46 pm
I have just about all of them. Anyone here have America's Army or Operation Flashpoint?

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 12:25 am
no need for double posting, i got americas army though

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 5:07 am
he couldhave double clicked

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 6:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo4 year old, its balanced enough. this game is balanced. i think the only reason why people are so pissed about the shotgun is because it can kill you in one shot WHICH IS TRUE. if your right up to them, then of course it would kill you same for every other gun except that the shotgun shoots you allover the body, instead of one spot. cod 2 isnt arcadish like soldat where it takes so many hits to take someone down. itll take 2 or 3 shots from any gun to take someone down, except the shotgun because it fires 10 pellets or so at a person so if there hit, there down. this game is more tactical then the first cod, which i like. i hate it when one gun dominates one thing. the sniper rifle isnt overpowered, the garand is just as powerful as it, every gun is powerful except the carbine, which is the most retarded gun in the game. the sniper rifle is only useful if the target is standing nearly still, and it doesnt know you position. if the target is strafing back and forth then its very hard to hit the target, and its really hard for a person with a sniper rifle to kill a person with a semi auto rifle, and especially an smg.

realistic is so balanced... you dont even need to aim with the trench gun, no need to use the scope like other weapons. the sniper rifle is easy to aim with and the breathing thing makes it even easier, and you get three [CENSORED]ing nades as a sniper. you dont need to move out of your bush unless there is a smoke screen up which is taken out of half the servers.

Raptor
February 18, 2006, 8:10 pm
I just created my own discussion forum xD

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 9:19 pm
a sniper cant shoot you if you do a pee pee dance, that means strafing back and forth rapidly. the shotgun is only easy if your right up to a person, but its horrible at medium range.

dude you dont even complain about the ppsh, which is obviously the most overpowered gun in the game. have youve ever played on a russian map? the germans get ass raped x 10 by the russians because 3/4 of all the russians have a ppsh which fires faster then an mp40 and an mp44 together, and it has 3 times more the ammo then most smg's. the thing isnt that accurate, but that doesnt matter because 4 outta 10 bullets which get shot out in 2 seconds will hit the guy before he could react. being russian is fun on tdm servers, russians 563, germans 98.

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 9:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo
dude you dont even complain about the ppsh, which is obviously the most overpowered gun in the game. have youve ever played on a russian map? the germans get ass raped x 10 by the russians because 3/4 of all the russians have a ppsh which fires faster then an mp40 and an mp44 together, and it has 3 times more the ammo then most smg's. the thing isnt that accurate, but that doesnt matter because 4 outta 10 bullets which get shot out in 2 seconds will hit the guy before he could react. being russian is fun on tdm servers, russians 563, germans 98.

that was next, but it is a nerf gun really.
you should only get a single clip because the russians are so poor. the other gun is much better with russians the ppsomethingsomething

Atticus
February 18, 2006, 11:21 pm
I have it for 360.

Deleted User
February 19, 2006, 1:07 am
360 has only 8 people online though :)

zoldat
February 25, 2006, 6:20 pm
got it, but dosent play it BF2 is better

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 7:56 pm
then why do more people play it on xfire :P oyah, because yu need a really good computer

Aegis
February 25, 2006, 10:20 pm
Ugh.. Punkbuster is annoying. I stopped playing America's Army because of all the annoying updates. Well, having fun for now, so I think I'll stay away from COD2 and stick with DOD:S =o

Raptor
February 26, 2006, 1:48 am
DOD:S?

TheFunktopus
February 26, 2006, 7:31 am
Day of Defeat: Source.

b00stA
February 27, 2006, 4:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenMOST FUN LAN GAME EVAR.

AGREED, LIEK TOTALLY!

a-4-year-old
February 27, 2006, 9:03 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by zoldatgot it, but dosent play it BF2 is better

bf2 online is the process of getting in an overpowered helicopter and launching missiles at people as they spawn.

the bigger tank always wins.