( search forums )
R.i.p grandfather:(
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 9:11 pm
my grandfather died a couple of days ago.. and today was the open casket meeting (cant find the word)
and i'm sad as hell. he was 85 and was very sick.

he's name was leonard ludwig solvaag.

please post a nice message he can read i heaven :(

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 9:23 pm
meh my grandpa died during this summer, he died of second hand smoke from my grandma.

damnnation
February 17, 2006, 9:39 pm
my grandmom died last year on easter...love her so mutch
hope she doesn't turn into a zombie one or these days...

grand_diablo
February 17, 2006, 9:40 pm
may he rest in peace and in a place without sickness and pain.

my grandparents are both very old by now (my grandpa is about 94, my grandmother is 89 I think) and have become very immobile during the last 1.5 years due to physical purge, minor brain impacts/heart attacks and some sicknesses that often occur in old age. Plus, as time passes by, both are getting more and more confused (mainly my grandfather), altho theyre still mentally fit most of the time. But they mix up memories of old times with today quite often.

Both can still walk, but very slowly and in a rather unstable way. Theyre not afraid of death tho, eventhough they know that they could face it any time. As long as they have each other, they also will not be afraid. But once one of 'em passes away - which might happen rather soon. I fear - Im quite sure the other one wont live for much longer. Once the time has come, I wish them both to die at the same time when theyre asleep and without any pains or fears, having enjoyed happy last days with the rest of the family around and caring for them.

And I can tell you the lasting possibility of probably losing them both very suddenly, is not a nice thing to think about and live with :/

m00`
February 17, 2006, 10:13 pm
my aunty died while giving birth to a baby, the baby lived and has her name now :o

.Twelve
February 17, 2006, 10:29 pm
Rest in Peace.
Atleas the died at a ripe age.

Zero72
February 17, 2006, 10:30 pm
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope he had a good life.

Ebby
February 17, 2006, 11:41 pm
Best wishes go out to you and your family. Take care of yourself, and I'm sorry for the loss.
Death can be very difficult to handle.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 11:42 pm
All my grandparents have passed with the exception of my mother's mother. My father's mom passed away when daddy was nine. =[

The Geologist
February 18, 2006, 12:13 am
I can't say much more than has already been said, 'cept that I can empathize. As another guy who had loads of respect for his grandfather, my heart goes out to ya.

Kazuki
February 18, 2006, 12:19 am
I feel the same as the Geologist. My Grandfather died on January 11th, this year. I had seen him last just a few months before. I can really share your suffering, so to call it. But you have to realize that mourning over it for too long is rather pointless and does nothing but hurt you and everyone around you. So try to keep a chin up.

February 18, 2006, 12:19 am
I can't remember either of my grandfathers. But that is a really cool name.

thekingkitty
February 18, 2006, 2:35 am
eh I know my grandma is gotta die soon, she's like 87!...or 70, or was it 60? Well you grandpa died at good ole age.

CrazyKid980
February 18, 2006, 2:42 am
May he rest in eternal, heavenly peace.

Milkman Dan
February 18, 2006, 2:46 am
When both of my grandfathers died I didnt really feel anything even though I saw them like every year. Is this a bad thing?

Zero72
February 18, 2006, 2:54 am
Not really. I wasn't really devestated by the death of my grandfather on my mom's side, even though I did see him... well, about yearly I guess, yeah. I always enjoyed his company, but it's not like I saw him every day.

rabidhamster
February 18, 2006, 2:54 am
sorry :(

kingkitty, my grandmother just died a bit after school ended, she was 94, plus she was continuously saying that she was going to die the following day since she was 80ish :P

Michal
February 18, 2006, 3:22 am
Well, think of it this way... If you live 85 years (and through WW2!), then I would say that's a pretty full life...
I don't think many of us will be so lucky ;)

Anyways, I do believe in an afterlife, so I think your grandfather is having a good time in the next world.

AerialAssault
February 18, 2006, 4:14 am
I believe his conciousness has ascended and has become one with the universe, this being omnipresent and all knowing. thats what i believe happens to you when you die. energy cannot be destroyed or created, only transferred. and i believe your conciousness is a form of energy, thus i do not believe in a definite end.

Rambo_6
February 18, 2006, 6:07 am
Maybe he'll be reincarnated.

And maybe you'll unknowingly meet him in his second form! :O

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 9:18 am
the funeral is set to take place on thursday at 11.00
i get to be home from work.. woho:/

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 11:36 am
Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you
can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes,